03 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- DOD Working to Improve Cybersecurity for Its Industrial Base DoD News 03 Mar 2022 -- The Defense Department's industrial base is huge, encompassing some 220,000 companies. With criminals and nefarious state actors intent on stealing intellectual property or taking down networks, cybersecurity is a huge concern for the department, the companies and national security.
- DHS to Increase Security Cooperation with Israel through New Arrangements DHS 03 Mar 2022 -- This week, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Under Secretary for Policy Robert Silvers visited Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, Israel to sign security agreements with the Government of Israel, engage with key Israeli government and private sector partners on a range of joint security issues, and deliver keynote remarks on DHS cybersecurity priorities at the CyberTech Global Conference.
- US House panel says Trump 'engaged in criminal conspiracy' Press TV 03 Mar 2022 -- The US House committee investigating the January 6, 2021, violent protest on the Capitol says former President Donald Trump may have committed a crime in his attempt to keep the disputed 2020 presidential election results from being certified in Congress.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- UN health agency updates guidelines on COVID-19 therapeutics UN News 03 Mar 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO), for the first time, included an oral antiviral drug in its COVID-19 treatment guidance.
- Confusion Over Possible Lockdown as Hong Kong Hits Record 56,000 COVID-19 Cases VOA 03 Mar 2022 -- Hong Kong hit a record 56,000 COVID-19 cases on Thursday, but the city's leader denied a "wholesale" lockdown was looming.
- Over 3.14 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 03 Mar 2022 -- The number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on the Chinese mainland grew by around 5.88 million from the previous day to surpass 3.14 billion on Wednesday, data from the National Health Commission showed Thursday.
- Number of new local COVID-19 cases on Chinese mainland continues to drop Wednesday People's Daily 03 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 54 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, 17 fewer than the day before, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Senior Inner Mongolia official punished for ineffective management amid COVID-19 surge Global Times 03 Mar 2022 -- A senior official in Hohhot, capital of North China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region has been punished as the city failed to contain the latest outbreak of COVID-19, the region's top discipline watchdog announced on Wednesday.
- Mainland medical experts, Hong Kong health authorities exchange views on combating COVID-19 People's Daily 03 Mar 2022 -- A team of mainland health experts led by Liang Wannian, head of the COVID-19 response expert panel under China's National Health Commission, on Wednesday visited the Center for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).
- Russia-Ukraine conflict could increase large numbers of severe COVID-19 disease: WHO People's Daily 03 Mar 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) warned on Wednesday that the ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict is likely to drive COVID-19 transmission ever higher and in turn increase the risk of large numbers of people developing severe disease.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 178 Cr India PIB 03 Mar 2022 -- With the administration of more than 21 lakh Doses (21,83,976) vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 178 Cr (1,78,02,63,222) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 412 India PIB 03 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 178
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 03 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 03 Mar 2022
- COVID-19 kills 172 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 03 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 137,439 with 172 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Saudi Arabia Registers 407 New COVID-19 Cases, 685 Recoveries, Two Deaths SPA 03 Mar 2022 -- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced today the registration of 407 new COVID-19 cases and 685 recoveries in the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 71 new COVID-19 cases, including 5 domestic CNA 03 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 71 new COVID-19 cases -- five domestically transmitted and 66 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Mexico Reports 304 More COVID-19 Fatalities; Toll Rises to 318,835 SPA 03 Mar 2022 -- Mexico reported 304 more fatalities from COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the total death toll since the pandemic began to 318,835, according to health ministry data, Reuters reported.
- Western Australia Finally Opens Border After COVID-19 Closure VOA 03 Mar 2022 -- After almost two years, Western Australia has lifted the nation's toughest COVID-19 border controls. Double-vaccinated international and domestic travelers are now allowed in, as the so-called hermit state reconnects with the rest of the world.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|