02 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Leader of Alabama Chapter of Oath Keepers Pleads Guilty to Seditious Conspiracy and Obstruction of Congress for Efforts to Stop Transfer of Power Following 2020 Presidential Election US Dept. of Justice 02 Mar 2022 -- A regional leader of the Oath Keepers pleaded guilty today to seditious conspiracy and obstruction of an official proceeding for his actions before, during and after the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. His and others' actions disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress convened to ascertain and count the electoral votes related to the presidential election.
- Joint Statement of Intent Between the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Israel National Cyber Directorate DHS 02 Mar 2022 -- Building on the long-standing relationship between the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Israel National Cyber Directorate (INCD), DHS Under Secretary for Strategy, Policy and Plans, Robert Silvers met Director General of the INCD Gaby Portnoy in Israel at the Cybertech Global Conference and jointly decided to expand cooperation in the areas of cybersecurity and emerging technology.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Biden Outlines New Strategy to Emerge From Pandemic VOA 02 Mar 2022 -- The White House released a plan Wednesday to manage COVID-19 so that Americans can "move forward safely" without shutting down schools and businesses.
- Press Briefing by White House and HHS Public Health Officials, March 2, 2022 The White House 02 Mar 2022
- Pentagon Reservation Moves to Health Protection Condition Bravo DoD 02 Mar 2022
- 1st mainland-HK freight train carrying anti-epidemic supplies launched Global Times 02 Mar 2022 -- The first freight train from the Chinese mainland to Hong Kong carrying anti-epidemic supplies, including more than 1.1million COVID-19 testing kits and 10,000 protective garments, was launched on Wednesday, providing aid to the city amid rising infections and panic purchase among residents.
- Hong Kong won't be locked down, Lam reiterates amid record daily infection high Global Times 02 Mar 2022 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Carrie Lam reiterated on Wednesday that Hong Kong will not have a citywide lockdown and the mass testing will take into account the local situation, refuting the circulating rumor that there will be a "full lockdown."
- Over 3.13 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 02 Mar 2022 -- The number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on the Chinese mainland grew by around 5.75 million from the previous day to reach over 3.13 billion on Tuesday, data from the National Health Commission showed Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 71 new local COVID-19 cases Tuesday People's Daily 02 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 71 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said on Wednesday.
- New hospital to help HK battle COVID People's Daily 02 Mar 2022 -- A makeshift hospital in Tsing Yi, Hong Kong for COVID-19 patients began operation on Tuesday after it was handed over to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region government on the same day.
- Mainland-aided isolation facility in Hong Kong starts admitting COVID-19 patients People's Daily 02 Mar 2022 -- A newly built community isolation facility (CIF) started admitting its first batch of COVID-19 patients in Hong Kong on Tuesday evening.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 177.79 Cr India PIB 02 Mar 2022 -- With the administration of more than 8 lakh Doses (8,55,862) vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 177
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 411 India PIB 02 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has reached nearly 178 Crore (1,77,99,66,250) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 02 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 02 Mar 2022
- COVID-19 kills 203 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 02 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 137,267 with 203 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Saudi Arabia Registers 476 New COVID-19 Cases, 719 Recoveries, One Death SPA 02 Mar 2022 -- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced today the registration of 476 new COVID-19 cases and 719 recoveries in the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 49 new COVID-19 cases, including 2 domestic CNA 02 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 49 new COVID-19 cases -- two domestically transmitted infections and 47 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease on Wednesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID-19 cluster at Taoyuan schools grow to 26 cases CNA 02 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported two new domestic COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, both of which are connected to a cluster infection involving four schools in Taoyuan that has spawned at least 26 cases, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said.
- Taiwan reports 44 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 44 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, including four locally transmitted infections and 40 imported ones, the island's disease monitoring agency said.
- Palestine Records 1,071 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 02 Mar 2022 -- Palestine recorded 1,071 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), 10 new deaths and 3,154 recoveries in all Palestinian governorates, in the past 24 hours.
- Kuwait Records 528 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 02 Mar 2022 -- The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health announced the registration of 528 new infections with the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 620,980.
- Qatar Records 291 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 02 Mar 2022 -- Qatar recorded 291 confirmed new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19 ), in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 357,583.
- Mexico Reports 13,115 New COVID-19 Cases, 382 More Deaths SPA 02 Mar 2022 -- Mexico reported 382 more deaths from COVID-19 on Tuesday, bringing the total death toll since the pandemic began to 318,531, according to health ministry data, Reuters reported .
- Libya Records 669 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 02 Mar 2022 -- The Libyan National Center for Disease Control announced the registration of 669 new infections with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and eight deaths, in the past 24 hours.
- Israel opens borders to unvaccinated tourists People's Daily 02 Mar 2022 -- Israel on Tuesday opened its borders to foreign tourists who were not vaccinated against COVID-19, said a statement issued by Israel's Ministry of Health.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|