17 February 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- US, Allies Warn Possible Russian Cyberattacks Could Reverberate Globally VOA 17 Feb 2022 -- The United States and its Western allies are bracing for the possibility that a Russian invasion of Ukraine would have a ripple effect in cyberspace, even if Western entities are not initially the intended target.
- Treasury Works with Government of Mexico to Sanction Facilitator of CJNG's Illicit Activities in Puerto Vallarta US Treasury 17 Feb 2022 -- Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated Sergio Armando Orozco Rodriguez (a.k.a. "Chocho") pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 14059. This individual acts for or on behalf of the Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generacion (CJNG) by facilitating various illicit activities in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Hong Kong faces more COVID-19 restrictions amid warning over likely mass testing Radio Free Asia 17 Feb 2022 -- Authorities in Hong Kong are gearing up to clamp down on people's movements after ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) leader Xi Jinping told the city to throw all of its resources at stamping out a wave of COVID-19 infections that is currently threatening to engulf hospitals.
- Central govt sends 1st expert team to HK to help fight city's acute epidemic surge Global Times 17 Feb 2022 -- The Chinese mainland sent its first batch of experts on Thursday to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), one day after instructions from President Xi Jinping were reported to aid Hong Kong in the fight against the surging COVID-19 epidemic in the city, which reported 6,116 confirmed cases on Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 35 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 17 Feb 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 35 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said on Thursday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 174.24 Cr India PIB 17 Feb 2022 -- With the administration of more than 34
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 398 India PIB 17 Feb 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 174
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 17 Feb 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 17 Feb 2022
- India Records 30,757 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 17 Feb 2022 -- India reported 30,757 new infections of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 42,75 million.
- Pakistan Records 2,870 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 17 Feb 2022 -- Pakistan recorded 2,870 confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and 40 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- COVID-19 kills 182 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 17 Feb 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 134,420 with 182 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- S.Korea reports daily record 93,135 COVID-19 cases SPA 17 Feb 2022 -- South Korea reported a daily record of 93,135 new coronavirus cases, the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency said, according to Reuters.
- Saudi Arabia Reports 1,569 New COVID-19 Cases, 2,847 Recoveries SPA 17 Feb 2022 -- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced today the registration of 1,569 new COVID-19 cases and 2,847 recoveries in the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan sees 14 new local COVID-19 cases, 10 tied to real estate cluster CNA 17 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan reported on Thursday 14 new domestic COVID-19 cases, of which 10 have been linked to a recently identified cluster involving a Taipei real estate agency, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 68 new COVID-19 cases, including 14 domestic CNA 17 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan reported 68 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, consisting of 14 domestically transmitted cases and 54 originating from abroad, and no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Myanmar traders worry COVID-19 outbreak in Muse will hinder China trade Radio Free Asia 17 Feb 2022 -- Traders at the Chinese border in Myanmar are concerned that a resurgence of COVID-19 in the country could once again shut down border trade.
- Kuwait Records 1,501 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 17 Feb 2022 -- Kuwait recorded, in the past 24 hours, 1,501 new infections with the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 609,453.
- Mexico Reports 520 More Deaths From COVID-19 SPA 17 Feb 2022 -- Mexico recorded 520 more deaths from COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the total death toll to 314,128, according to health ministry data, Reuters reported.
- Israel Drops 'Green Pass' COVID-19 Passport Program VOA 17 Feb 2022 -- Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Thursday the nation's Green Pass digital proof-of-vaccination program is being discontinued as the numbers of new COVID-19 cases continue to decline.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|