14 February 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Russian Hackers Allegedly Tied To FSB And Hack Of U.S. Democratic Party Handed Lengthy Prison Terms RFE/RL 14 Feb 2022 -- A court in Russia has handed lengthy prison sentences to members of a hacker group whose leader claimed he was recruited by the country's Federal Security Service (FSB) to hack into the servers of the U.S. Democratic Party.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- UN chief decries vaccine inequity, terms it 'biggest moral failure of our time' Press TV 14 Feb 2022 -- The United Nations chief has decried the "inequity" in COVID-19 vaccine distribution and hoarding of vaccines by rich countries, which has prolonged the fight against the pandemic.
- The COVID-19 Global Action Meeting US Dept. of State 14 Feb 2022 -- Nearly three years into the COVID-19 pandemic, global suffering continues despite heroic efforts by our healthcare workers, private citizens, institutions, organizations, countries, and economies. Throughout, it has remained a fact that no one country acting alone can stop the virus. As President Biden has made clear since the September 2021 Global COVID-19 Summit, vaccinating the world, saving lives now, and building back better require concerted global action.
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken at a Virtual COVID-19 Global Action Meeting US Dept. of State 14 Feb 2022
- Suzhou in E.China suspends schools, medical services after reporting 8 Omicron infections Global Times 14 Feb 2022 -- Suzhou in East China's Jiangsu Province, home to over 10 million people and known for various historical tourist sites, has suspended schools and parts of its medical services after eight COVID-19 cases were found in the city on Monday. Preliminary results showed the infections belong to the Omicron variant, authorities said.
- 4.31 million more COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 14 Feb 2022 -- The number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on the Chinese mainland grew by more than 4.31 million on Sunday, with the total number now over 3.04 billion, data from the National Health Commission showed Monday.
- Over 3.04 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 14 Feb 2022 -- Over 3.04 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses had been administered on the Chinese mainland as of Saturday, data from the National Health Commission showed Sunday.
- Sweden's Health Agency Recommends 4th COVID Vaccination for Elderly VOA 14 Feb 2022 -- The Public Health Agency of Sweden on Monday recommended a second COVID-19 booster shot for people ages 80 and older to strengthen their immunity against the surging omicron variant.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 172.95 Cr India PIB 14 Feb 2022 -- With the administration of more than 11
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 395 India PIB 14 Feb 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 173
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 14 Feb 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 14 Feb 2022
- COVID-19 kills 168 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 14 Feb 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 133,886 with 168 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Saudi Arabia Reports 2,227 New COVID-19 Cases, 3,469 Recoveries SPA 14 Feb 2022 -- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced today the registration of 2,227 new COVID-19 cases and 3,469 recoveries in the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 54 new COVID-19 cases, including four domestic CNA 14 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan on Monday confirmed 54 new COVID-19 cases, consisting of four domestically transmitted cases and 50 that originated abroad, with no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Four new domestic COVID-19 cases reported in Miaoli, Kaohsiung CNA 14 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan reported four new domestic COVID-19 cases on Monday, involving residents of Miaoli County and Kaohsiung, bringing the number of clusters or individual cases with unknown sources being monitored by the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) to 11.
- CECC outlines plan to shorten quarantine, relax border restrictions CNA 14 Feb 2022 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Monday outlined its plan to shorten quarantine for those arriving in Taiwan and relax border restrictions for business travelers, though it did not provide a date as to when the new policies will be implemented.
- Taipei to ease COVID-19 restrictions from Tuesday CNA 14 Feb 2022 -- The ban on eating in movie theaters is to be lifted from Tuesday, while junior and senior high schools will be allowed to hold pre-summer graduation trips for their students, the Taipei City government announced Monday.
- Surge in daily COVID-19 infections caps record week in Myanmar Radio Free Asia 14 Feb 2022 -- Nearly 1,800 people were confirmed positive with COVID-19 in a 24-hour period over the weekend in Myanmar, capping off a record week of infections that some observers say is another reflection of the country's disarray since the military seized power a year ago.
- WHO lauds 'historic initiative' on vaccine equity underway in South Africa UN News 14 Feb 2022 -- During a COVID-19 global action meeting on Monday, the UN health chief described the progress underway at the World Health Organization (WHO) mRNA vaccine technology transfer Hub in South Africa, noting that the "historic initiative comes at a critical time" in the global fight against the virus.
- Canada's Trudeau Invokes Emergency Powers to Stop Protests VOA 14 Feb 2022 -- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau invoked emergency powers to stop demonstrations that have paralyzed the capital and blocked border crossings in protest over the country's COVID-19 restrictions.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|