12 February 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- World's poor nations lag behind in COVID-19 vaccinations: report People's Daily 12 Feb 2022 -- About a year since mostly wealthy nations began rolling out coronavirus vaccines, more than half of the world population has been fully vaccinated, but the global rollout remains uneven, with poor countries reporting much lower vaccination rates than rich countries, reported The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette on Friday.
- China gives green light to Pfizer's COVID-19 treatment drug Paxlovid, doesn't waver the country's determination for 'dynamic zero case' strategy Global Times 12 Feb 2022 -- The National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) announced on its official website Saturday it has given conditional approval for Pfizer's COVID-19 treatment drug Paxlovid.
- Mainland moves imminent to further help HK with outbreak People's Daily 12 Feb 2022 -- Officials and medical experts from both Hong Kong and the mainland are exploring cooperative moves to help the special administrative region curb its worst ever COVID-19 outbreak.
- Chinese mainland reports 40 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Feb 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 40 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said on Saturday.
- Hong Kong reports 1,325 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Feb 2022 -- Hong Kong registered 1,325 new cases of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, according to data from the Center for Health Protection on Friday.
- Russia Confirms 203,766 New COVID-19 Cases, 729 Deaths in Past 24 Hours SPA 12 Feb 2022 -- Russia has confirmed 203,766 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, down from 203,949 the day before, and 729 new deaths, the federal response center said on Saturday, according to Russian News Agency Sputnik.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 172.29 Cr India PIB 12 Feb 2022 -- With the administration of more than 46
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 393 India PIB 12 Feb 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed172
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 12 Feb 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 12 Feb 2022
- COVID-19 kills 133 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 12 Feb 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 133,570 with 133 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- S. Korea reports record high of 54,941 daily COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Feb 2022 -- South Korea's daily number of COVID-19 cases hit a record high amid the spread of the Omicron variant, the health authorities said on Saturday.
- S. Korea Reports 54,941 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 12 Feb 2022 -- South Korea reported a daily record high of 54,941 new coronavirus cases for Friday, bringing its total infections to 1,294,205 with 7,045 deaths among its 52 million people, the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency said on Saturday, Reuters reported.
- MoH Reports 1,726 Cases of COVID-19, and 2,983 Recoveries in Saudi Arabia SPA 12 Feb 2022 -- The Ministry of Health (MoH) recorded 1,726 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and 2,983 recoveries in the past 24 hours.
- Seven of 11 new local COVID cases linked to Kaohsiung gravel supplier CNA 12 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan reported on Saturday a total of 60 new COVID-19 cases, including 11 locally transmitted infections, most of which were linked to a cluster centered on a gravel supplier in Kaohsiung, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- 60 new COVID-19 cases reported in Taiwan Saturday, including 11 domestic CNA 12 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan on Saturday recorded 60 new COVID-19 cases, consisting of 11 domestically transmitted cases and 49 that originated abroad, with no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Trucker-led Protest on US-Canada Border Leading to Copycat Demonstrations VOA 12 Feb 2022 -- Trucker-led protests against coronavirus vaccine mandates that began in the Canadian capital, Ottawa, and spread to the U.S.-Canadian border are leading to copycat protests in Europe and elsewhere in the world.
- Jordan records 14,048 Covid-19 cases SPA 12 Feb 2022 -- The Ministry of Health said that 21 coronavirus deaths and 14,048 cases were recorded in Jordan Saturday, bringing the death toll from the pandemic to 13,477 and the caseload to 1,450,810, according to the Jordan News Agency (Petra).
- Qatar Records 607 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 12 Feb 2022 -- Qatar recorded 607 confirmed new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19 ), in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 350,188.
- Palestine Records 1,871 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 12 Feb 2022 -- Palestine recorded 1,871 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), 13 new deaths and 5,979 recoveries in all Palestinian governorates, in the past 24 hours.
- The Philippines Reports 3,792 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 12 Feb 2022 -- The Philippines recorded 3,792 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and 76 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Mexico Reports 564 More COVID-19 Deaths SPA 12 Feb 2022 -- Mexico reported 564 new deaths from COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the country's death toll to 312,118 since the pandemic began, according to health ministry data, Reuters reported.
- Egypt Records 2,179 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 12 Feb 2022 -- Egypt recorded 2,179 new infections with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and 61 deaths in the past 24 hours.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|