11 February 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Fifth Meeting of the North American Drug Dialogue (NADD) US Dept. of State 11 Feb 2022
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID-19 Global Action Meeting US Dept. of State 11 Feb 2022 -- "As we enter the third year of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Omicron variant's rapid spread has had far-reaching impacts around the world, and gaps in the global response hinder our efforts to counter this crisis. Ending the acute phase of the COVID-19 pandemic is a top priority for the United States, but we cannot do this alone."
- Military Hospital Support to FEMA Will Begin in Massachusetts, Then Expand DoD News 11 Feb 2022 -- At the request of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, about 90 military medical personnel â€” including doctors, nurses, and respiratory therapists â€” are continuing to deploy in six teams to three states to support civilian health care workers treating COVID-19 patients.
- Readout of President Biden's Call With Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada The White House 11 Feb 2022
- HK seeks aid from Shenzhen amid COVID surge, 'citywide lockdown not feasible' for SAR Global Times 11 Feb 2022 -- Under the strain of the epidemic, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) is urgently seeking help from the mainland, which experts said could provide support to Hong Kong in expanding nucleic acid testing and building fangcang makeshift hospitals to rapidly screen out infected cases and quarantine them, which is the most efficient way to curb transmissions.
- Central gov't to fully support HKSAR in countering latest COVID-19 resurgence: spokesperson People's Daily 11 Feb 2022 -- A Chinese central government spokesperson on Thursday reiterated the central government's full support for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) to counter the latest resurgence of COVID-19.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 171.79 Cr India PIB 11 Feb 2022 -- With the administration of more than 48
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 392 India PIB 11 Feb 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 172 Crore (1,72,24,21,476) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 11 Feb 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 11 Feb 2022
- COVID-19 kills 143 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 11 Feb 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 133,437 with 143 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- MoH Reports 2,523 New Cases of COVID-19, 3,825 Recoveries SPA 11 Feb 2022 -- The Ministry of Health (MoH) recorded 2,523 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and 3,825 recoveries in the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 79 new COVID-19 cases, identifies 2 new hotel clusters CNA 11 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 18 new locally transmitted and 61 imported COVID-19 cases, and reclassified three previously confirmed cases as domestic infections involving guests who stayed in quarantine hotels in Taoyuan and Kaohsiung, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- WHO: Africa's COVID-19 Infections Could Be Much Higher Than Reported VOA 11 Feb 2022 -- The COVID-19 infection rate for Africa may be as much as seven times higher than reported, while death counts could be two to three times higher, according to the World Health Organization's regional director for Africa.
- Morocco Records 1,148 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 11 Feb 2022 -- Morocco recorded 1,148 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 1,153,562.
- Iraq Records 3,776 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 11 Feb 2022 -- Iraq recorded 3,776 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number to 2,271,521.
- Jordan Records 18,872 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 11 Feb 2022 -- The Jordanian Ministry of Health announced the registration of 18,872 new infections of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 1,436,762.
- Palestine Records 4,040 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 11 Feb 2022 -- Palestine recorded 4,040 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), 17 new deaths and 6,934 recoveries in all Palestinian governorates, in the past 24 hours.
- Mexico reports 927 more deaths from COVID SPA 11 Feb 2022 -- Mexico reported 927 confirmed COVID-19 deaths on Thursday, according to health ministry data, bringing the overall death toll to 311,554, Reuters reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|