10 February 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Treasury Sanctions Major Ecuadorian and Mexican Narcotics Traffickers With Ties to the Sinaloa Cartel and CJNG US Treasury 10 Feb 2022 -- Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated Wilder Emilio Sanchez Farfan and Miguel Angel Valdez Ruiz pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 14059 for materially contributing to the illicit activities of major Mexican cartels to traffic cocaine into the United States. Today's action is the result of collaboration between OFAC and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh says, Indian Nuclear Installations and Nuclear Power Stations are secure from Cyber-attacks India PIB 10 Feb 2022 -- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Department of the Army announces updated COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 10 Feb 2022 -- The U.S. Army announced updated COVID-19 vaccination statistics and exemption requests as of Feb. 09, 2022.
- Coronavirus claims over 80,000 lives in 2nd largest U.S. state Texas People's Daily 10 Feb 2022 -- Coronavirus has claimed more than 80,000 lives in Texas, the second largest U.S. state, Texas Department of State Health Services announced on Wednesday afternoon.
- Fresh COVID surge engulfs HK's medical system Global Times 10 Feb 2022 -- Hong Kong sounded the alarm with another 986 COVID-19 infections registered on Thursday, after the city reported a four-digit daily tally on Wednesday for the first time, which threatens to engulf the city's medical system.
- Hong Kong Reports Record Spike in COVID Cases VOA 10 Feb 2022 -- The omicron variant of the coronavirus has sparked Hong Kong's fifth wave of COVID-19 cases in recent weeks, with new restrictions being implemented Thursday by Chief Executive Carrie Lam.
- Chinese mainland reports 7 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Feb 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday recorded seven locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all reported in Guangxi, the National Health Commission said on Thursday.
- Hungarian FM: Russian, Chinese COVID-19 vaccines effective and safe People's Daily 10 Feb 2022 -- Russian and Chinese vaccines against COVID-19 are effective and safe, Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Peter Szijjarto said on Wednesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 171.28 Cr India PIB 10 Feb 2022 -- With the administration of more than 46
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 391 India PIB 10 Feb 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has reached nearly 172 Crore (1,71,73,91,556) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 10 Feb 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 10 Feb 2022
- COVID-19 kills 130 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 10 Feb 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 133,294 with 130 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Saudi Arabia Reports 2,866 New COVID-19 Cases, 3,379 Recoveries SPA 10 Feb 2022 -- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced today the registration of 2,866 new COVID-19 cases and 3,379 recoveries in the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 83 new COVID-19 cases, including 37 domestic CNA 10 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday recorded 83 new COVID-19 cases, consisting of 37 domestically transmitted cases and 46 that originated abroad, with no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Booster shot rate, COVID-19 situation key to reducing quarantine: Chen CNA 10 Feb 2022 -- A potential plan to shorten quarantine length for arrivals to Taiwan from 14 to 10 days will depend on the overall COVID-19 pandemic situation and the booster shot vaccination rate in Taiwan, Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Thursday.
- Africa Sees Progress in Fight Against COVID-19 VOA 10 Feb 2022 -- After two years of struggling to contain the deadly spread of COVID-19, the World Health Organization reports the African continent is poised to control the trajectory of the pandemic.
- Africa on track to control pandemic this year but vigilance is key: WHO UN News 10 Feb 2022 -- Africa is on track to control the COVID-19 pandemic this year if current trends continue, but vigilance will remain key, the head of the World Health Organization's (WHO) regional office said on Thursday.
- Uganda Considers Jail Time for Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccination VOA 10 Feb 2022 -- Ugandan rights groups are criticizing a proposed law that would punish people who refuse to be vaccinated during an outbreak with up to six months in prison.
- Jordan Records 21,460 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 10 Feb 2022 -- The Jordanian Ministry of Health reported 21,460 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 1,417,890.
- Sudan Records 74 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 10 Feb 2022 -- Sudan recorded, in the past 24 hours, 74 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and two deaths as well.
- Kuwait Records 3,324 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 10 Feb 2022 -- Kuwait recorded, in the past 24 hours, 3,324 new infections with the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 593,889.
- Mexico Reports 743 More Coronavirus Deaths SPA 10 Feb 2022 -- Mexico reported 743 confirmed coronavirus deaths on Wednesday, according to health ministry data, bringing the overall death toll to 310,627, Reuters reported.
- Egypt Records 2,191 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 10 Feb 2022 -- Egypt recorded 2,191 new infections with the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and 57 deaths in the past 24 hours.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|