29 January 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- US House panel subpoenas those complicit in false electors' scheme Press TV 29 Jan 2022 -- The US House of Representatives' Jan. 6 Select Committee investigating the Capitol Hill attack has planned to subpoena those people involved in the false electors' scheme.
- American Woman Who Led ISIS Battalion Charged with Providing Material Support to a Terrorist Organization US Dept. of Justice 29 Jan 2022 -- A criminal complaint filed in 2019 in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, which is now unsealed, alleges that Allison Fluke-Ekren, a United States citizen, organized and led an all-female military battalion on behalf of the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), and charges Fluke-Ekren with providing and conspiring to provide material support to ISIS, a designated foreign terrorist organization.
- 'It Was A Serious Blow': Ex-Belarusian Railways Worker Says Officials Downplaying Consequences Of Cyberattack RFE/RL 29 Jan 2022 -- Earlier this week, a group calling themselves Belarusian Cyber-Partisans carried out a ransomware cyberattack targeting the Belarusian state railway network. The group claimed to have crippled many of the network's automated systems in an attack that was timed to hamper the transfer of Russian troops into Belarus for military exercises.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Scientists Call Rich Nations' Failure to Provide Vaccines to World 'Reckless' VOA 29 Jan 2022 -- A group of 300 scientists say wealthy nations' failure to provide the rest of the world with access to COVID-19 vaccines is a "reckless approach to public health" that results in conditions that allow for variants, such as the highly contagious omicron variant, to emerge.
- No COVID transmission found within bubble, but positive cases screened set to peak: 2022 Games organizers Global Times 29 Jan 2022 -- Beijing 2022 Winter Games organizers on Saturday said that there has been no COVID-19 transmission found within the biosecurity bubble set up for the Games which is separated from the general public, despite seven Olympic personnel testing positive on Friday in the daily closed-loop screening.
- China's Zhejiang reports 22 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Jan 2022 -- East China's Zhejiang Province reported 22 confirmed local COVID-19 cases from Friday to 2 p.m. Saturday, all in the provincial capital Hangzhou, authorities told a press briefing on Saturday.
- Almost 3 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 29 Jan 2022 -- Almost 3 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses had been administered on the Chinese mainland as of Friday, data from the National Health Commission showed Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 37 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Jan 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday recorded 37 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- All restrictive measures for COVID-19 lifted in China's Zhengzhou People's Daily 29 Jan 2022 -- All restrictive measures for containing COVID-19 have been lifted in Zhengzhou, capital of central China's Henan Province, local authorities said Saturday.
- FM fires back at US' suggested changes to China's COVID-19 rules Global Times 29 Jan 2022 -- In response to the Biden administration's recommended changes to China's COVID-19 rules and requirements, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said on Friday that China's dynamic zero-COVID-19 policy and epidemic prevention protocol are based on science and experts' opinions. The Global Times learned from a source familiar with the matter that the US may have ulterior motives.
- COVID-19: Virus Cited As Main Cause Of Population Loss In Russia; Hungary Expects Omicron Surge RFE/RL 29 Jan 2022 -- Russia's population declined by more than half a million in 2021, and COVID-19 is being blamed as one of the main reasons.
- Germany Records 189,166 COVID-19 Cases SPA 29 Jan 2022 -- Germany recorded 189,166 new novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, in the past 24 hours, pushing the total number of cases to 9,618,245.
- Britain Records 72,727 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 29 Jan 2022 -- Britain recorded, in the past 24 hours, 72,727 new infections of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), along with 296 deaths.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 165.04 Cr India PIB 29 Jan 2022 -- With the administration of more than 56 lakh Doses (56,72,766) vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 165
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 379 India PIB 29 Jan 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 165
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 29 Jan 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 29 Jan 2022
- Mansukh Mandaviya reviews Public Health Preparedness to COVID19 and National COVID19 Vaccination Progress with 5 Eastern States India PIB 29 Jan 2022 -- "The fight against COVID is a joint effort and join responsibility of the Centre and States, and I am happy that we have faced this public health challenge with a collaborative spirit"
- COVID-19 kills 24 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 29 Jan 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 132,380 with 24 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- S.Korea Records 17,542 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 29 Jan 2022 -- South Korea recorded 17,542 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and 34 deaths as well, in the past 24 hours.
- Japan's Daily COVID-19 Cases Hit Record High at over 84,000 SPA 29 Jan 2022 -- Japan confirmed more than 84,000 daily coronavirus infections on Saturday, reaching a record high for the fifth straight day, as the highly transmissible Omicron variant continues to spread across the country, Kyodo reported.
- MoH Reports 3,913 Cases of COVID-19, 4,284 Recoveries in Saudi Arabia SPA 29 Jan 2022 -- The Ministry of Health (MoH) recorded, in the past 24 hours, 3,913 confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number of infections in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to 679,384.
- Taiwan reports 48 new COVID-19 cases, including 15 domestic CNA 29 Jan 2022 -- Taiwan reported 48 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, consisting of 15 domestic and 33 imported cases, with zero deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- 9 of 15 new domestic COVID cases test positive in quarantine CNA 29 Jan 2022 -- Nine of the 15 new domestic COVID-19 cases reported Saturday in Taiwan tested positive after they were placed in quarantine as contacts of previously confirmed cases, which officials believe should help limit the spread of the virus.
- Mexico Records 45,115 COVID-19 Cases SPA 29 Jan 2022 -- Mexico's Health Ministry has reported 45,115 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 437 deaths.
- Egypt Records 2007 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 29 Jan 2022 -- Egypt recorded 2007 new cases of COVID-19 and 26 deaths, as well, in the past 24 hours.
Europe / Russia
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|