22 January 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Omicron Spike Tests COVID Prevention Efforts at Immigration Facilities VOA 22 Jan 2022 -- The rapidly spreading omicron variant is testing the ability of U.S. authorities to keep tens of thousands of migrants healthy at crowded detention centers, where COVID-19 prevention measures were virtually nonexistent at the beginning of the pandemic but have since improved.
- US COVID-19 deaths hit nearly 4,000 in 24 hours Press TV 22 Jan 2022 -- The United States reported almost 4,000 deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in just 24 hours as hospitalizations reached an all-time high across the country.
- U.S. Records 768,190 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 22 Jan 2022 -- The United States of America recorded, in the past 24 hours, 768,190 new infections and 2,542 deaths as a result of the novel coronavirus.
- Tianjin and Beijing quickly curb Omicron; capital to remain in emergency status ahead of Olympics Global Times 22 Jan 2022 -- Tianjin in North China on Friday achieved zero new cases in communities, 13 days after the first case was reported, marking a phased victory over the Omicron variant, a National Health Commission (NHC) official said at Saturday's press conference, summarizing that sporadic resurgences in multiple domestic cities are showing positive signs of being brought under control.
- Dynamic zero strategy ensures normalcy at lowest possible cost: top Chinese health expert Global Times 22 Jan 2022 -- China's dynamic zero approach to COVID-19 control is cost-effective, Liang Wannian, head of the COVID-19 response expert panel under National Health Commission (NHC), said Saturday, in response to some voices on whether China's control strategy is at the cost of those who face lockdown and would strain economic growth.
- Update: Beijing reports 12 COVID infections in 24 hours, all related to cold-chain storage handling imported food Global Times 22 Jan 2022 -- Beijing on Saturday registered nine new COVID-19 confirmed patients and three silent carriers in the past 24 hours from 4 pm Friday, all related to cold-chain storage facilities, city authorities revealed.
- New batch of Chinese COVID-19 vaccines received by Belarus People's Daily 22 Jan 2022 -- A plane carrying Chinese COVID-19 vaccines arrived at the Minsk International Airport on Friday, with the vaccines later handed over by Chinese Ambassador Xie Xiaoyong to Belarusian Minister of Health Dmitry Pinevich.
- Beijing reports 10 local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 Jan 2022 -- Beijing reported 10 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and six asymptomatic carriers on Friday, local health authorities said Saturday.
- China Records 63 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 22 Jan 2022 -- China reported 63 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours.
- Britain classifies new form of Omicron as "variant under investigation" People's Daily 22 Jan 2022 -- A new form of Omicron named BA.2 has been designated a "variant under investigation," with 426 cases of the Omicron variant sub-lineage confirmed in the United Kingdom (UK), the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said Friday.
- Germany Records 135,461 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 22 Jan 2022 -- Germany recorded 135,461 new novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, during the past 24 hours, pushing the total number of cases to 8,596,007.
- India Reports More Than 300,000 Daily COVID Cases VOA 22 Jan 2022 -- India's health ministry reported 337,704 new COVID-19 cases Saturday. Public health officials have warned that India's tallies are likely undercounted.
- India reports 337,704 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 38,903,731 People's Daily 22 Jan 2022 -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 38,903,731 on Saturday, as 337,704 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours across the country, showed the federal health ministry's latest data.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 161.16 Cr India PIB 22 Jan 2022 -- With the administration of more than 67 lakh Doses (67,49,746) vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 161.16 Cr (1,61,16,60,078) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 372 India PIB 22 Jan 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 161.81 Crore (1,61,81,65,913) today. More than 61 lakh (61,62,171) Vaccine Doseshave been administered till 7 pm today. More than 79 lakh(79,78,438) Precaution Doses for the identified categories of beneficiaries for COVID vaccination have been administered so far. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 22 Jan 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 22 Jan 2022
- Pakistan Records 6540 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 22 Jan 2022 -- Pakistan recorded 6540 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and 12 deaths, in the past 24 hours.
- COVID-19 kills 30 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 22 Jan 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus disease in Iran increased to 132,202 with 30 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Ministry of Health Reports 4,608 Cases of COVID-19, 4,622 Recoveries in Saudi Arabia SPA 22 Jan 2022 -- The Ministry of Health (MoH) announced, in the past 24 hours, the registration of 4,608 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number of infections to 647,819.
- Taoyuan confirms a total of 70 COVID-19 cases at tech factory CNA 22 Jan 2022 -- Four new domestically-transmitted COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in a Taoyuan factory, bringing the total number of cases reported from the location to 70, Mayor Cheng Wen-tsan (é„æ–‡ç‡¦) said on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 130 new COVID-19 cases, announces tightened rules CNA 22 Jan 2022 -- Taiwan confirmed 130 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, consisting of 82 domestic and 48 imported cases, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC), which also announced tightened disease prevention rules in response to a rise in local transmissions of the new coronavirus.
- COVID outbreaks in Taoyuan, Kaohsiung main threats in Taiwan: Minister CNA 22 Jan 2022 -- Taiwan reported 82 domestic COVID-19 cases on Saturday, the highest number in a single day in 2022, with most of them linked to outbreaks in Taoyuan and Kaohsiung, which Health and Welfare Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said are the main threats as the disease spreads in the nation.
- Level 3 COVID-19 alert likely with widespread outbreaks: Health Minister CNA 22 Jan 2022 -- Taiwan will have to raise the COVID-19 alert to Level 3 if widespread outbreaks happen in the communities, Health and Welfare Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Saturday, noting the current spread of the disease remains under control.
- Brazil reports over 160,000 new COVID-19 cases for 3rd straight day People's Daily 22 Jan 2022 -- Brazil reported 166,539 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, the third consecutive day on which the country registered more than 160,000 cases, the National Council of Health Secretaries said Friday.
- Brazil Records 166,539 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 22 Jan 2022 -- Brazil recorded 166,539 new infections of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), along with 358 deaths, in the past 24 hours.
- Morocco Records 7,638 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 22 Jan 2022 -- Morocco recorded 7,638 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 1,093,978.
- UAE Announces 3,020 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 22 Jan 2022 -- The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) announced that it conducted 471,588 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment, according to WAM news agency.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|