08 January 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID winter envelops U.S., Europe again as global caseload tops 300 mln People's Daily 08 Jan 2022 -- The United States and multiple European countries have been once again stormed by a drastic resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic, as the global caseload has surpassed the 300 million mark.
- Omicron Explosion Spurs Nationwide Breakdown of Services in US VOA 08 Jan 2022 -- Ambulances in Kansas speed toward hospitals then suddenly change direction because hospitals are full. Employee shortages in New York City cause delays in trash and subway services and diminish the ranks of firefighters and emergency workers. Airport officials shut down security checkpoints at the biggest terminal in Phoenix, and schools across the nation struggle to find teachers for their classrooms.
- Hospitalisations surge for unvaccinated American children Press TV 08 Jan 2022 -- Hospitalizations have surged for unvaccinated American children driven by the highly transmissible Omicron variant of the coronavirus.
- COVID-19 outbreak in Xi'an largely put under control, as authorities plug loopholes Global Times 08 Jan 2022 -- The Children's Hospital in Xi'an, Shaanxi Province on Saturday opened a 24-hour green passage for seriously ill children, while allowing sick children and their guardians to receive treatment after conducting nucleic acid testing at the hospital, scrapping the prior requirement to present a negative test result taken within 48 hours.
- Tianjin seals off 29 residential units after detecting two local COVID-19 cases Global Times 08 Jan 2022 -- China's northern city of Tianjin sealed off 28 residential communities in Jinnan district and another one in Nankai district after detecting two local COVID-19 cases on early Saturday.
- Central China's Zhengzhou scrambles to test 12.6 million residents in 6 hours, to nip a flare-up in bud Global Times 08 Jan 2022 -- China's speed is again on display in Zhengzhou city, capital of central China's Henan Province, in the latest mass nucleic acid testing which started on Friday. Reports say Zhengzhou has completed the sampling of 12.6 million residents in just 6 hours -- 2.1 million people per hour or 583 residents per second.
- Chinese mainland reports 95 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Jan 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 95 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- China's virus-hit Xi'an to gradually resume trade in necessities, deliveries, catering services People's Daily 08 Jan 2022 -- Xi'an, capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province, will advance the orderly resumption of businesses dealing with the supply of necessities, postal and express delivery services, and the catering industry, amid the latest COVID-19 resurgence.
- Protests Unfold in Germany, Other Cities Against Coronavirus Restrictions VOA 08 Jan 2022 -- Protesters took to the streets in several German cities Saturday, demanding a halt to restrictions on those who have not been vaccinated against the coronavirus.
- Russia Confirms 16,568 New Cases of COVID-19 in Past 24 Hours SPA 08 Jan 2022 -- Russia has confirmed 16,568 new cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, which brings the cumulative total to 10,634,603.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 150.61 Cr India PIB 08 Jan 2022 -- With the administration of more than 90 lakh Doses (90,59,360) vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 150
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 358 India PIB 08 Jan 2022 -- In a landmark achievement, more than 2 Cr (2,27,33,154) COVID-19 Vaccine Doses administered among adolescents for first dose between 15-18 age group
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 08 Jan 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 08 Jan 2022
- India's New COVID-19 Cases Hit Seven-month Highs SPA 08 Jan 2022 -- India reported 141,986 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, the most highest since the end of May, as the Omicron variant of the coronavirus overtakes the Delta version in the cities, Reuters reported.
- COVID-19 kills 26 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 08 Jan 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 131,847 with 26 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Ministry of Health Reports 3068 New Cases of COVID-19, 793 Recoveries SPA 08 Jan 2022 -- The Ministry of Health (MoH) reported 3068 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (COIVD-19) in the past 24 hours, adding that the number of critical cases reached 134.
- Taiwan confirms 2 new domestic COVID cases related to airport CNA 08 Jan 2022 -- Taiwan on Saturday confirmed two new domestic COVID-19 cases linked to Taoyuan International Airport, involving an airport security guard and a taxi driver responsible for transporting arriving travelers to quarantine locations.
- Local governments to set up COVID-19 vaccination sites to boost uptake CNA 08 Jan 2022 -- Several local governments in Taiwan announced on Saturday the setting up of vaccination sites in the coming days to enable more people to get a COVID-19 vaccine shot, amid the growing number of locally transmitted cases.
- Taiwan reports 44 new COVID-19 cases, including 2 domestic ones CNA 08 Jan 2022 -- Taiwan reported 44 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, including two domestic infections linked to Taoyuan International Airport, but there have not been any new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Palestine Records 156 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 08 Jan 2022 -- Palestine recorded 156 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), 5 new deaths and 235 recoveries in all Palestinian governorates, in the past 24 hours.
- UAE Records 2,655 New Cases of Corona and 3 Deaths SPA 08 Jan 2022 -- The United Arab Emirates recorded 2,655 new infections with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and three deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Egypt Records 821 New Cases of COVID-19, 27 Deaths SPA 08 Jan 2022 -- The Ministry of Health and Population of Egypt reported 821 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) as well as 27 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Mexico's COVID-19 Deaths Surpass 300,000, New Cases Jump SPA 08 Jan 2022 -- Mexico's official COVID-19 death toll breached the 300,000 mark on Friday, as the number of new cases jumped, figures published by the health ministry showed, Reuters reported.
- Mauritania Records 1,211 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 08 Jan 2022 -- Mauritania recorded 1,211 new infections of the novel coronavirus (COVID 19) along with one death in the past 24 hours.
- Australia's New South Wales State Sees Record COVID-19 Deaths VOA 08 Jan 2022 -- Australia's New South Wales state reported 16 deaths from COVID-19 Sunday, its deadliest day in the two-year pandemic. The state, Australia's most populous, already has 200,000 people in isolation, and reported more than 30,000 new cases.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|