19 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID vaccines: Widening inequality and millions vulnerable UN News 19 Sep 2021 -- Health leaders agree that a world without COVID-19 will not be possible until everyone has equal access to vaccines. More than 4.6 million people have died from the virus since it swept across the globe from the beginning of 2020, but it's expected that the rate of people dying will slow if more people are vaccinated.
- Fauci: Americans Already Vaccinated Against Coronavirus Likely to Need Booster VOA 19 Sep 2021 -- The top U.S. infectious disease expert said Sunday he believes millions of Americans who have already been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus will eventually need a booster shot to remain sufficiently inoculated.
- 'Compassion Fatigue' Hitting US Doctors, Report Says VOA 19 Sep 2021 -- A report in The Guardian says U.S. physicians treating unvaccinated patients are "succumbing to compassion fatigue" as a fourth surge of COVID-19 cases sweeps across the country.
- U.S. details vaccine efficacy, plans use of booster shot against wildness of COVID-19 People's Daily 19 Sep 2021 -- The United States has kept on pushing through federal requirements of broad vaccination by highlighting the efficacy of its three authorized COVID-19 vaccines, while planning to narrow the use of a booster shot only to old people and those who work at high risk.
- China's Fujian reports 43 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 19 Sep 2021 -- China's Fujian Province recorded 43 new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and no new local asymptomatic carriers on Saturday, according to the provincial health commission.
- Chinese mainland reports 43 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 19 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 43 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all in Fujian Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- 2.17 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in China People's Daily 19 Sep 2021 -- More than 2.17 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses had been administered in China as of Saturday, data from the National Health Commission showed Sunday.
- India Expected to Ease COVID-19 Vaccine Export Restrictions VOA 19 Sep 2021 -- There is growing optimism that India could resume exports of COVID-19 vaccines as production expands at a rapid pace, putting the country on track to immunize its adult population in the coming months
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 80 Cr India PIB 19 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 85,42,732 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage surpassed the landmark figure of 80 Cr (80,43,72,331) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 19 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 19 Sep 2021
- COVID-19 kills 391 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 19 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 117,182 with 391 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Iran to launch door-to-door vaccinations to curb COVID Press TV 19 Sep 2021 -- Iran's health ministry is pushing a door-to-door vaccination campaign to immunize more Iranians against the coroanvirus.
- Taiwan extends Level 2 COVID-19 alert to Oct. 4 CNA 19 Sep 2021 -- The current Level 2 COVID-19 alert has been extended for another two weeks to Oct. 4, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Sunday.
- Emergency Epidemic Prevention Campaign Toughened in DPRK KCNA 19 Sep 2021 -- The emergency epidemic prevention sectors of the DPRK at all levels are steadily intensifying the anti-pandemic campaign.
- Bangladesh gets another 5 mln doses of Chinese COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 19 Sep 2021 -- Bangladesh on Saturday received another 5 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine developed by China's pharmaceutical Sinopharm Group.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|