14 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- US Accuses Russia of Stonewalling on Cybercrime VOA 14 Sep 2021 -- U.S. warnings to Russian President Vladimir Putin over shielding cybercriminals holed up in Russia appear to have made little impact, according to top U.S. law enforcement and cyber officials.
- Al-Qaeda May Have Capacity to Threaten US From Abroad in 1-2 Years, DIA Director Says Sputnik 14 Sep 2021 -- The al-Qaeda terror group (banned in Russia) could have the capability to threaten the US mainland from Afghanistan in one to two years, Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) Director Scott Berrier said at the Intelligence and National Security Summit on Tuesday.
- Three Former U.S. Intelligence Community and Military Personnel Agree to Pay More Than $1.68 Million to Resolve Criminal Charges Arising from Their Provision of Hacking-Related Services to a Foreign Government US Dept. of Justice 14 Sep 2021 -- Services, Including a Sophisticated 'Zero Click' Exploit, Violated U.S. Export Control and Computer Fraud and Abuse Laws
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 14 September 2021
- WHO calls for halt to booster jabs amid 'shocking vaccine inequity' Press TV 14 Sep 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) has denounced the "shocking inequity" in the global distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, urging the Western governments to put a halt to booster doses until at least the end of the year.
- Scientists Say Booster Shots of COVID-19 Vaccines Unnecessary VOA 14 Sep 2021 -- An international group of vaccine experts have come out in opposition of providing booster shots of COVID-19 vaccines to the general population, an opinion that pushes back against increasing efforts in the United States and other nations battling a surge of new cases.
- U.S. doubles down on vaccination efforts as Delta variant drives COVID-19 surge People's Daily 14 Sep 2021 -- The U.S. federal government is doubling down on COVID-19 vaccination efforts, including an ongoing plan for booster shots, while more unvaccinated people fell victims to the Delta variant in recent weeks, and the pandemic is believed by health experts to become a routine illness in the United States.
- China's capital city advises residents to complete COVID-19 vaccination ahead of two major holidays amid latest flare-up in E.China Global Times 14 Sep 2021 -- As East China combats the fresh flare-up of COVID-19 where many of the cases found were children and elderly people, just days ahead of the country's two major holidays, the capital Beijing on Tuesday called on citizens to complete vaccination before travelling and not to travel abroad during the holidays.
- 820 confirmed local COVID-19 infections with Delta variant in E. China's Jiangsu cleared Global Times 14 Sep 2021 -- The confirmed local COVID-19 infections in the recent flare-up in East China's Jiangsu Province have been cleared as of Monday, as all the accumulated 820 cases reported since July 20 have been discharged from hospital.
- Putian city to launch city-wide nucleic acid tests, strictly control community access to stifle latest flare-up Global Times 14 Sep 2021 -- To stem rising COVID-19 infections in a fresh flare-up, Putian in East China's Fujian Province will launch city-wide nucleic acid tests and all communities will phase in strict access control starting from Tuesday by examining body temperature and health status of everyone who enter the community.
- Residents of popular travel destination in E China's Fujian ordered to stay in the city amid COVID-19 outbreak Global Times 14 Sep 2021 -- Residents of Xiamen, a popular travel destination in East China's Fujian Province, are ordered to stay in the city unless necessary amid a COVID-19 outbreak in the province, according to a notice issued by the city government on Monday evening as China's national holiday of Mid-Autumn Festival approaches.
- Over 2.15 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 14 Sep 2021 -- Over 2.15 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Monday, data from the National Health Commission showed Tuesday.
- China's Fujian reports 59 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Sep 2021 -- East China's Fujian Province reported 59 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and one local asymptomatic carrier on Monday, the provincial health commission said Tuesday.
- China's Xiamen suspends long-distance bus service amid COVID-19 resurgence People's Daily 14 Sep 2021 -- Long-distance passenger bus service from Xiamen, a port city in east China's Fujian Province, to other areas has been suspended effective Tuesday due to the latest COVID-19 resurgence in the city.
- China's Xiamen starts citywide COVID-19 testing People's Daily 14 Sep 2021 -- Xiamen, a port city in east China's Fujian Province, has started a citywide nucleic acid testing due to the latest COVID-19 resurgence in the city, authorities said Tuesday.
- Hong Kong reports one new imported COVID-19 case People's Daily 14 Sep 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported one new imported case of COVID-19 on Monday, taking the total tally of confirmed infections in Hong Kong to 12,146.
- China's Xiamen reports 12 confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Sep 2021 -- The city of Xiamen in east China's Fujian Province reported 12 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases from Sunday to 6 p.m. Monday.
- East China city reports 48 confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Sep 2021 -- The city of Putian in east China's Fujian Province reported 48 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and 28 local asymptomatic carriers from Friday to 4 p.m. Monday, according to local authorities.
- Chinese mainland reports 59 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 59 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all in Fujian Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Tuesday.
- Putin Plans To Self-Isolate As Coronavirus Cases Detected Among His Acquaintances, Kremlin Says Sputnik 14 Sep 2021 -- On Monday, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the high number of people infected with COVID-19 among those he has recently come into contact with might make it necessary for him to quarantine himself soon.
- Putin Calls Self-Isolation Following Possible Coronavirus Exposure A 'Test' Of Sputnik V RFE/RL 14 Sep 2021 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has described his self-quarantine due to "all-day" exposure to a close contact who tested positive for the coronavirus as a "test" for Russia's Sputnik V vaccine.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 75 Cr India PIB 14 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 78,66,950 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, country's COVID-19 vaccination coverage surpassed the cumulative figure of 75.22 Cr (75,22,38,324) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 242 India PIB 14 Sep 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed75.81 Crore(75,81,99,331) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 14 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 14 Sep 2021
- COVID-19 kills 408 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 14 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 115,167 with 408 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Iran set to import 40m more doses of COVID-19 vaccines in one month IRNA 14 Sep 2021 -- Iranian Minister of Health Bahram Einollahi said on Tuesday that Iran is scheduled to import 40 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccines in the next Iranian calendar month of Mehr (Sep 23- Oct 22).
- Iran expand COVID vaccinations to cover people under 40 Press TV 14 Sep 2021 -- Iranian health authorities have announced people under 40 years old can now be vaccinated against the coroanvirus as the country ramps up its nationwide inoculating program against the disease.
- COVID cluster under control; no immediate plans to tighten rules: CECC CNA 14 Sep 2021 -- Two new COVID-19 cases were confirmed Tuesday in a cluster that has several Delta variant infections, but the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said the situation was under control and it had no immediate plans to tighten its disease-prevention restrictions.
- Japan pledges 5th batch of vaccine donation to Taiwan -- 500,000 doses of AZ CNA 14 Sep 2021 -- The Japanese government on Tuesday pledged to donate another batch of 500,000 AstraZeneca brand of COVID-19 vaccine to Taiwan, bringing the total doses it has donated to nearly 4 million.
- Israel delivers 50,000 doses of expired vaccines to Gaza Press TV 14 Sep 2021 -- The Gaza Health Ministry has held Israel responsible for the expiry of 50,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine recently delivered to the besieged coastal enclave.
- Only 2% of Covid-19 vaccines have been administered in Africa UN News 14 Sep 2021 -- More than 5.7 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered globally, but only 2% of them in Africa, said World Health Organization (WHO) chief, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Tuesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|