13 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Man with Weapons Arrested Near US Capitol VOA 13 Sep 2021 -- U.S. Capitol Police said they arrested a California man early Monday near the Democratic National Committee headquarters in Washington and that multiple knives, a bayonet and a machete were in his truck.
- Taliban Spokesman Dismisses Reports That Militants are Sheltering al-Qaeda's Leader in Afghanistan Sputnik 13 Sep 2021 -- The Taliban* established de-facto control over almost all of Afghanistan last month after the collapse of the Western-backed Kabul government. The militants have promised Russia, the United States and other countries that they would not allow al-Qaeda* and other terrorist groups to operate in territories under their control.
- Dar al-Farooq Mosque Bomber Sentenced to 53 Years in Prison US Dept. of Justice 13 Sep 2021 -- Emily Claire Hari, 50, f/k/a Michael Hari, was sentenced to life in prison for the Aug. 5, 2017, bombing of the Dar al-Farooq (DAF) Islamic Center in Bloomington, Minnesota.
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Attempting to Provide Material Support to ISIS and Attempting to Commit a Hate Crime US Dept. of Justice 13 Sep 2021 -- An Ohio man was sentenced today to 20 years in prison for attempting to provide material support to the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), and attempting to commit a hate crime, for planning an attack on a synagogue in the Toledo, Ohio area.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- E. China's Putian deals with nation's 1st school-centered COVID-19 resurgence; longer incubation feared Global Times 13 Sep 2021 -- Putian, a city of 3 million residents in East China's Fujian Province, is dealing with the country's first school-centered flare-up that has seen more than 90 infections in the province in three days, though there is no trans-province contagion so far unlike the previous round concerning Nanjing, and Chinese health experts believe the latest outbreak was severe and complicated as early cluster cases involving unvaccinated students, indicating a possible rapid spread of the virus in the coming days and risk of severe cases involving elderly people living with students.
- E China's coastal tourism city Xiamen partially seals off two districts, one hospital after two COVID-19 cases Global Times 13 Sep 2021 -- East China's Fujian Province's coastal tourism city Xiamen partially sealed off two districts and one local hospital on early Monday as two positive COVID-19 patients were detected, one of whom is linked to infections in Putian where 64 positive cases have been reported since Friday.
- Nearly 2.15 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 13 Sep 2021 -- Nearly 2.15 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Sunday, data from the National Health Commission showed Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 22 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 22 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Fujian Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- East China city reports 32 confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Sep 2021 -- The city of Putian in east China's Fujian Province reported 32 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and 32 local asymptomatic carriers from Friday to 4 p.m. Sunday, according to local authorities.
- Britain to Offer COVID-19 Vaccines to 12-to-15-year-Olds VOA 13 Sep 2021 -- Britain's chief medical officer (CMO), Professor Chris Whitty, recommended Monday that children between the ages of 12 and 15 be offered the COVID-19 vaccine, saying they would benefit from reduced disruption to their education.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage surpasses 74.38Cr India PIB 13 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 53,38,945vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, country's COVID-19 vaccination coverage surpassed the cumulative figure of 74.38Cr(74,38,37,643) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 241 India PIB 13 Sep 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 75 Crore landmark milestone(75,10,41,391) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 13 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 13 Sep 2021
- COVID-19 kills 448 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 13 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 114,759 with 448 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Iran launches 3rd phase in clinical trial of homegrown Fakhra coronavirus vaccine Press TV 13 Sep 2021 -- Iran has officially launched the third phase in the clinical trial of a COVID-19 vaccine developed by the Iranian Defense Ministry's research center.
- One new COVID-19 case confirmed in preschool cluster; total at 30 CNA 13 Sep 2021 -- One new COVID-19 case linked to a preschool and apartment complex in New Taipei was reported Monday, bringing the number of infections in the cluster to 30, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Former Top Turkmen Official Reportedly Dies Of COVID RFE/RL 13 Sep 2021 -- Former top Turkmen official Gurbanmukhammed Kasymov has reportedly died of COVID-19 as authorities continue to deny the presence of the coronavirus within the country's borders.
- New Zealand's Largest City Remains in Strict Lockdown VOA 13 Sep 2021 -- New Zealand's prime minister has announced Monday that the country's largest city, with a population of 1.7 million, will remain in a strict lockdown in an effort to curb small outbreaks of the highly contagious delta variant of the coronavirus.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|