12 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- 55th Communications Squadron redesignated as cyber squadron US Air Force 12 Sep 2021 -- The 55th Communications Squadron recently met all objectives required by the Air Force to be redesignated as the 55th Cyber Squadron.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- US Surgeon General: New COVID Restrictions Are 'Appropriate Response' VOA 12 Sep 2021 -- U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy on Sunday defended President Joe Biden's new directives requiring millions of workers to get vaccinated against the coronavirus under the possible threat of losing their jobs, although there is widespread opposition from Republican state governors.
- Latest resurgence of COVID-19 in E.China's 'shoe city' unlikely to affect travel in national holidays Global Times 12 Sep 2021 -- China's sneaker manufacturing hub, the city of Putian in East China's Fujian Province, registered 64 new locally transmitted COVID-19 infections in the last two days - the latest outbreak in China that has cast a shadow over the upcoming national holidays.
- North China's Inner Mongolia health authorities call for residents to stay-local during holidays amid latest COVID-19 flare-up Global Times 12 Sep 2021 -- Health authorities in Chifeng city in North China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region have asked local residents to spend the coming Mid-Autumn and National Day holidays in the city to treasure and consolidate the achievements in the fight against the already contained COVID-19 flare-ups in East China's Jiangsu and Central China's Henan provinces.
- 2 COVID-19 drugs under development, effective on patients with mild condition: Sinopharm Global Times 12 Sep 2021 -- Sinopharm is working on the development of two medicines that could reduce the impact of the novel coronavirus in infected people, and they will be effective on patients with mild conditions, the Chinese vaccine producer has revealed.
- Putian in E China's Fujian discourages people from leaving the city after 24 positive COVID-19 infections Global Times 12 Sep 2021 -- People in East China's Fujian Province's Putian are discouraged from leaving the city from Sunday as 24 COVID-19 infections were reported.
- Sinovac launches clinical trial of COVID-19 vaccine on children, teenagers in South Africa People's Daily 12 Sep 2021 -- Chinese pharmaceutical company Sinovac Biotech on Friday launched the Phase III clinical trial of its COVID-19 vaccine on a group of children and teenagers between six months and 17 years old in South Africa.
- Hong Kong reports 3 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Sep 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported three new imported cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, taking the total tally of confirmed coronavirus infections in Hong Kong to 12,145.
- Over 2.14 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 12 Sep 2021 -- More than 2.14 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Saturday, data from the National Health Commission showed Sunday.
- East China town classified as COVID-19 high-risk after latest resurgence People's Daily 12 Sep 2021 -- Xianyou County in east China's Fujian Province has classified Fengting Town as a COVID-19 high-risk area after new local infections were reported.
- Chinese mainland reports 20 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 20 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Fujian Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- East China's Fujian reports 6 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Sep 2021 -- East China's Fujian Province has reported six locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and 18 local asymptomatic carriers, as of 4 p.m. Saturday, according to local authorities.
- China sends working group to virus-hit Putian city People's Daily 12 Sep 2021 -- The National Health Commission on Saturday dispatched a working group to guide the COVID-19 prevention and control efforts in Putian, east China's Fujian Province.
- Britain Reverses Course on 'Vaccine Passports' for Nightclubs VOA 12 Sep 2021 -- Britain's Health Ministry announced Sunday that it would reverse its decision to require 'vaccine passports' for Britons entering nightclubs and bars.
- Britain Expected to Announce Plans to Inoculate 12-to-15-Year-Olds VOA 12 Sep 2021 -- The Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center reported early Sunday that it has recorded 224.3 million global COVID-19 infections and 4.6 million global deaths. The center also said 5.7 billion vaccines have been administered.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage surpasses 73.82Cr India PIB 12 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 72,86,883 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, country's COVID-19 vaccination coverage surpassed the cumulative figure of 73.82Cr (73,82,07,378) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 12 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 12 Sep 2021
- COVID-19 kills 487 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 12 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 114,311 with 487 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Iran launches second production line of COVIran Barekat vaccine Press TV 12 Sep 2021 -- Iran has launched the second production line of the COVIran Barekat vaccine, developed by experts at the Headquarters for Executing the Order of Imam Khomeini.
- Two new cases confirmed in New Taipei preschool cluster; total at 29 CNA 12 Sep 2021 -- Two new COVID-19 cases linked to a preschool and an apartment complex in New Taipei were reported Sunday, bringing the number of infections in the cluster to 29, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Latest cases in COVID-19 cluster took Taipei MRT, traveled to Beitou CNA 12 Sep 2021 -- Two people confirmed to have COVID-19 Sunday as the latest cases of a cluster in New Taipei had traveled on the Taipei MRT and had been to a clinic in Taoyuan and restaurants in Taipei's Beitou District prior to testing positive in quarantine, according to local government officials.
- Bangladesh receives new batch of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 12 Sep 2021 -- Bangladesh on Saturday received a new batch of China's Sinopharm vaccines against COVID-19 as the country continued to fight the pandemic.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|