11 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Remarks by President Biden After Visiting with Firefighters and Their Families on the 20th Anniversary of the September 11th Attacks The White House 11 Sep 2021
- 20th Anniversary of the September 11, 2001 Attacks US Dept. of State 11 Sep 2021 -- Press Statement by Antony J. Blinken, Secretary of State
- Austin, Milley Call on Americans to Remember, Honor 9/11 Victims DoD News 11 Sep 2021 -- Americans must remember what happened on this date 20 years ago and rededicate themselves to defending the idea of America, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III said at a Pentagon ceremony honoring those killed in the terror attack on the Pentagon.
- Biden Calls Unity America's Greatest Strength on 9/11 20th Anniversary DoD News 11 Sep 2021 -- Unity in America is the nation's greatest strength â€“ reflected by a coming-together of U.S. citizens in the days and months that followed the greatest attack on U.S. soil by terrorists on Sept. 11, 2001, twenty years ago, President Joe Biden said.
- Nation Remembers Courage of Heroes Killed on Flight 93 on 9/11 DoD News 11 Sep 2021 -- Sailors of the amphibious transport dock (LPD) USS Arlington, LPD USS New York, and LPD USS Somerset, as well as others, attended an observance today at the Flight 93 National Memorial near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, for the heroes of United Flight 93, which crashed at 10:03 a.m., Sept. 11, 2001.
- Justice Department Participates Virtually at G7 Meeting with Security Ministers US Dept. of Justice 11 Sep 2021 -- On Sept. 8-9, 2021, U.S. Attorney General Merrick B. Garland and Deputy Attorney General Lisa O. Monaco met remotely with G7 and EU Security Ministers, along with the Secretary General of INTERPOL, to discuss responding to the rapidly evolving events in Afghanistan, as well as countering racially and ethnically motivated extremism. They were joined by Deputy Secretary John Tien of the Department of Homeland Security, who attended the London meeting in person. The Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security joined in a series of G7 ministerial commitments on emerging security risks and transnational crime issues. The Ministers committed to work together on:
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- E. China's Putian reports 24 infections in new resurgence, possibly from Delta variant Global Times 11 Sep 2021 -- Putian in East China's Fujian Province has registered six confirmed COVID-19 cases and 18 asymptomatic carriers as of Saturday 4pm, with primary studies on the virus suggesting it to be the Delta variant, local authorities said at a Saturday press conference.
- City in Fujian reports 6 positive cases of COVID-19, 3 areas listed as medium-risk Global Times 11 Sep 2021 -- Putian, a city in East China's Fujian Province, reported six positive cases of COVID-19 on Friday night, who were three primary school students and three of their parents. Three areas related to them have been listed as medium-risk areas for COVID-19, with 27,000 residents starting home isolation.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new locally transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 11 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported one new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 case in Fujian Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- Over 2.13 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 11 Sep 2021 -- More than 2.13 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Friday, data from the National Health Commission showed Saturday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage achieves 73Cr landmark milestone India PIB 11 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 65,27,175 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, country's COVID-19 vaccination coverage surpassed the cumulative figure of 73Cr landmark milestone (73,05,89,688) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 239 India PIB 11 Sep 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 73.73 Crore (73,73,67,313) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 11 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 11 Sep 2021
- Iran to import 10m doses of COVID-19 vaccine soon to vaccinate students IRNA 11 Sep 2021 -- Iran is scheduled to import some 10 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine soon to vaccinate students against the pandemic, according to the Head of the Iranian Red Crescent Society Karim Hemmati.
- COVID-19 kills 444 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 11 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 113,824 with 444 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- President Raisi hails anti-COVID19 measures in Iran IRNA 11 Sep 2021 -- Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi hailed the measures taken in line with fighting COVID19 and hoped for vaccination to hit the record 2 million people per day.
- Iran imports 50th batch of COVID-19 vaccine IRNA 11 Sep 2021 -- Iran's imported COVID-19 vaccines surpasses 50 million doses, with the 50th consignment of vaccines afforded from foreign sources entering the country on Saturday.
- Iranian-Australian COVID-19 vaccine might gain license in Iran IRNA 11 Sep 2021 -- The lead researcher of Iranian-Austrian COVID-19 vaccine Spikogen hoped that the vaccine would be authorized to be administered in Iran after completion of the third phase of its clinical test.
- Iran allocates 10 mln COVID vaccines to inoculate students Press TV 11 Sep 2021 -- The Iranian Red Crescent Society (IRCS) will import 10 million doses of coronavirus vaccines to allow health authorities start an inoculation program that will cover students between 12 and 18 years old.
- Majority of COVID cases in preschool cluster are Delta variant: CECC CNA 11 Sep 2021 -- Eight more people in a cluster of COVID-19 cases in New Taipei were confirmed Saturday to be infected with the Delta variant of the virus, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan to roll out Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for adults on Sept. 25 CNA 11 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan will begin administering the Pfizer-BioNTech (BNT) COVID-19 vaccine to eligible adults on Sept. 25, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
- Myanmar Faces COVID Vaccination Woes as Health System Under Threat VOA 11 Sep 2021 -- Myanmar's COVID-19 battle is facing further complications amid the fallout from February's military coup.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|