10 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Attorney General Merrick B. Garland Delivers Remarks Honoring the 20th Anniversary of the September 11 Attacks US Dept. of Justice 10 Sep 2021
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken at a Ceremony to Commemorate the 20th Anniversary of the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks US Dept. of State 10 Sep 2021
- Bulgarian Fugitive Wanted In Several Countries Arrested In Kyiv After Years On The Run RFE/RL 10 Sep 2021 -- A Bulgarian fugitive wanted in several European countries on money-laundering and drug-trafficking charges has been arrested in Kyiv after years on the run.
- Russian Tech Giant Yandex Says It Was Targeted In Biggest Attack Ever RFE/RL 10 Sep 2021 -- Russian tech company Yandex said a cyberattack on its servers this summer was the largest known distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack in the history of the Internet.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- White House COVID-19 Response Team Defends Biden Plan VOA 10 Sep 2021 -- The White House COVID-19 response team Friday used its regular briefing to support and defend the new round of vaccination mandates announced a day earlier by U.S. President Joe Biden.
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 10 Sep 2021
- DOD Awards $35.8 Million Contract to Mettler-Toledo Rainin, LLC to Increase Domestic Production Capacity of Pipette Tips DoD 10 Sep 2021 -- On Sept. 10, 2021, the Department of Defense (DOD), on behalf of and in coordination with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), awarded a $35.8 million contract to Mettler-Toledo Rainin, LLC (Rainin) to increase domestic production capacity of pipette tips for both manual and automated laboratory procedures.
- U.S. unveils strategy to remedy efforts against COVID-19, as Delta victimizes more unvaccinated Americans People's Daily 10 Sep 2021 -- The federal government of the United States introduced a new action plan on Thursday to accelerate vaccination and give impetus to its belated fight against the novel coronavirus, whose Delta variant has been fiercely devouring the country's weak groups and medical resources, forcing corporations to abandon their return-to-office plans and leaving unvaccinated children basically forlorn on campuses.
- Sinovac launches world's 1st phase-III clinical trials in S. Africa for COVID-19 vaccines for groups aged 6 months to 17 years Global Times 10 Sep 2021 -- The world's first phase-III clinical trials for COVID-19 vaccines available for children aged as young as 6 months have been launched in South Africa, Chinese biopharmaceutical firm Sinovac together and partner South Africa-based Numolux Group announced on Friday.
- China to donate additional 100m COVID-19 vaccines to developing countries by end of year: Xi Global Times 10 Sep 2021 -- To date, China has provided more than one billion doses of finished and bulk vaccines to over 100 countries and international organizations, and will strive to provide a total of two billion doses by the end of this year, Chinese President Xi Jinping said at the 13th BRICS Summit on Thursday, adding that China will donate an additional 100 million doses of vaccines to fellow developing countries within this year on top of the $100 million donation to COVAX.
- Nearly 2.13 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 10 Sep 2021 -- Nearly 2.13 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Thursday, data from the National Health Commission showed Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 17 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 17 imported COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- Denmark Lifts All COVID Curbs After Successful Vaccination Drive VOA 10 Sep 2021 -- Denmark Friday dropped proof-of-vaccination â€” or vaccine passports â€” requirements at nightclubs, the last of the European nation's COVID-19 restrictions, after a successful vaccination program led to almost 87% of all adults being fully vaccinated.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 72.37 Cr India PIB 10 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 67,58,491vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, country's COVID-19 vaccination coverage surpassed the cumulative figure of 72.37Cr (72,37,84,586) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 238 India PIB 10 Sep 2021 -- In a landmark achievement, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has achievednearly 73 Crore(72,97,50,724) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 10 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 10 Sep 2021
- COVID-19 kills 445 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 10 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 113,380 with 445 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- No new COVID-19 cases linked to preschool, EVA Air clusters CNA 10 Sep 2021 -- No new COVID-19 cases linked to a preschool cluster in New Taipei or cluster infection involving three EVA Airways pilots and one family member were reported Friday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- No new COVID-19 cases linked to preschool, EVA Air clusters CNA 10 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan received 458,000 doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine from the manufacturer Friday, its eighth delivery after having signed a deal for 10 million doses, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID Chaos Fuels Public Anger in Vietnam Radio Free Asia 10 Sep 2021 -- Ngoc Ha is very angry. Someone has added another layer of barricades outside her house in central Hanoi, on top of the one that was put up by the local authorities a couple days ago. The double barrier blocks the main entrance to her residential ward with a dozen households.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|