09 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Remarks by Assistant to the President for Homeland Security, Dr. Liz Sherwood-Randall on the Future of the U.S. Counterterrorism Mission: Aligning Strategy, Policy, and Resources The White House 09 Sep 2021
- Letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Certain Terrorist Attacks The White House 09 Sep 2021
- Notice on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Certain Terrorist Attacks The White House 09 Sep 2021
- 2015 Paris Terror Attack Trial Expected to Last Nine Months VOA 09 Sep 2021 -- The next nine months will determine the fate of 20 people on trial for the 2015 terror attacks in Paris. Of the ten-man team believed to have carried out the coordinated assault, just one is still alive. Salah Abdeslam was among the 14 suspects in court on Wednesday, the first day of the trial that could see him imprisoned for life. Six are still wanted.
- Ukrainian Extradited To U.S. To Face Hacking Charges RFE/RL 09 Sep 2021 -- A Ukrainian national has been extradited to the United States, where he faces charges of hacking and stealing computer passwords, the U.S. Justice Department said on September 8.
- Reports: German Prosecutors Open Investigation Into Alleged Russian Cyberattacks RFE/RL 09 Sep 2021 -- News reports say German prosecutors have opened a formal investigation into a series of cyberattacks that have targeted German politicians - attacks that the Foreign Ministry has blamed on Russia.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO urges world leaders to pause on COVID-19 booster shots until end of 2021 Press TV 09 Sep 2021 -- The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) has urged world leaders to pause COVID-19 vaccine booster shots until at least the end of the year.
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic The White House 09 Sep 2021
- Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors The White House 09 Sep 2021
- Executive Order on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees The White House 09 Sep 2021
- Biden to Order Federal Workers to Get Vaccinated VOA 09 Sep 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden on Thursday said he planned to order 2.5 million federal workers and contractors to get vaccinated against the coronavirus as part of a new effort to control the infectious disease.
- Biden to Call for Summit on Global COVID Vaccine Supplies VOA 09 Sep 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden is expected to call for a summit on boosting the global supplies of COVID-19 vaccines, according to U.S. news outlets.
- DHS to Increase Civil Penalties for Violations of the Federal Face Mask Requirement DHS 09 Sep 2021 -- Today, the Department of Homeland Security's Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will increase the range of civil penalties that may be imposed on individuals who violate the federal mask mandate at airports, on commercial aircraft, and in various modes of surface transportation, including passenger railroads, intercity bus services, and other public transportation.
- COVID-19 runs wild in U.S., peak yet to be seen People's Daily 09 Sep 2021 -- While the federal government sharpens new strategy to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, the return of unvaccinated school children to classrooms, cold weather in the northern states and the upcoming holiday season could give the coronavirus new opportunities to spread in the United States, further fueling the cases and hospitalizations consistently on rise.
- China's first self-developed mRNA vaccine to enter mass production in October with annual capacity of 200 million doses Global Times 09 Sep 2021 -- China's first production base for an mRNA vaccine against COVID-19, which uses domestically produced core raw materials and equipment, is expected to be put into use in October. Experts said that this proves China has grasped core mRNA vaccine technology, and it will boost the country's mass vaccination drive.
- China sees COVID-19 vaccine partners Cambodia, UAE achieve highest inoculation rates Global Times 09 Sep 2021 -- With close connection with China on COVID-19 vaccines, Phnom Penh in Cambodia has become the capital city with the highest vaccination rate in the world, while the United Arab Emirates now has the highest rate in the world.
- China's CanSinoBIO sends another 200,000 COVID-19 vaccine shots to Argentina to protect homeless, refugees Global Times 09 Sep 2021 -- A total of 200,000 shots of recombinant COVID-19 vaccine produced by Chinese manufacturer CanSinoBIO arrived in Argentina on Tuesday, the company announced.
- Over 2.12 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 09 Sep 2021 -- More than 2.12 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Wednesday, data from the National Health Commission showed Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 28 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 09 Sep 2021 -- Wednesday saw 28 imported COVID-19 cases newly reported on the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Thursday.
- China's Jiangsu clears high, medium risk areas of COVID-19 People's Daily 09 Sep 2021 -- China's Jiangsu Province, where the country's recent COVID-19 resurgence first emerged, cleared all high- and medium-risk areas on Thursday.
- Moldova Announces New Lockdown Restrictions As COVID-19 Cases Rise RFE/RL 09 Sep 2021 -- Moldovan authorities have announced new national lockdown restrictions as the country faces a sharp rise in COVID-19 cases.
- Europe Medicines Agency Considering 4 Additional COVID Vaccines VOA 09 Sep 2021 -- Europe's drug regulator, the European Medicines Agency, said Thursday it is reviewing four additional COVID-19 vaccines and could issue new authorizations before the end of the year.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 71.65 Cr India PIB 09 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 86,51,701 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, country's COVID-19 vaccination coverage surpassed the cumulative figure of 71.65 Cr (71,65,97,428) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 09 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 09 Sep 2021
- COVID-19 kills 505 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 09 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 112,935 with 505 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Raisi says Iran has taken 4 transitional steps in covid fight IRNA 09 Sep 2021 -- Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi said on Thursday that the country has taken four transitional steps in the fight against the new surge in the coronavirus spread.
- New domestic vaccine to help general vaccination in Iran soon IRNA 09 Sep 2021 -- A new domestically-developed vaccine â€“ Fakhra â€“ has received the necessary permits to be used in Iranian general vaccination plan within the next few days, Minister of Defense Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Ashtiani said on Thursday.
- Iran to start emergency use of homegrown Fakhra COVID-19 vaccine: Defense minister Press TV 09 Sep 2021 -- Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Ashtiani says the country's domestically-developed and produced Fakhra coronavirus vaccine has begun the third stage of clinical trial and has been authorized by the Health Ministry for emergency use.
- Iran ready to reopen schools, ease COVID curbs: Raeisi Press TV 09 Sep 2021 -- Iranian President Ebrahim Raeisi says his government is intent on reopening schools after two years of closures because of the coronavirus as he insists that his pandemic control program is on the right path.
- Preschool cluster grows to 27 cases, infection source still unknown CNA 09 Sep 2021 -- Four more COVID-19 cases linked to a preschool and an apartment complex in New Taipei were reported Thursday, bringing the number of cases in the cluster to 27, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Second batch of BNT vaccine arrives in Taiwan CNA 09 Sep 2021 -- The second batch of some 910,000 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines arrived in Taiwan early Thursday, after the delivery of the first batch of some 930,000 doses last week.
- Bangladesh's COVID-19 vaccination drive gets boost with China's Sinopharm jabs People's Daily 09 Sep 2021 -- People lined up in long queues to receive the Chinese Sinopharm jabs outside a COVID-19 vaccination center on Tuesday morning in Bangladesh's Chandpur district, as the inoculation of the second doses started in the area.
- WHO: Africa to Receive 25% Fewer COVID Vaccines Than Expected VOA 09 Sep 2021 -- Africa is slated to receive 25% fewer COVID-19 vaccines by the end of the year than it was expecting, the director of the World Health Organization's regional office for Africa said Thursday.
- Africa Steps Up Surveillance of New COVID Variants VOA 09 Sep 2021 -- The World Health Organization says genomic sequencing capability is being improved in Africa to better detect, monitor and respond to COVID-19 mutations.
- WHO: Africa COVID-19 Cases Fall by 23 Percent VOA 09 Sep 2021 -- The World Health Organization's regional director for Africa said Thursday the number of new COVID-19 cases on the continent fell by 23 percent last week, the steepest drop in eight weeks since a peak in July.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|