07 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Pre-trial Hearings to Resume for 5 Charged in September 11 Attacks VOA 07 Sep 2021 -- The U.S. prosecution of five people accused of planning and aiding the September 11, 2001, terror attacks resumes with pre-trial motions Tuesday after a break of a year and a half due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Court Proceedings For 9/11 Defendants Restart Days Ahead Of Anniversary Of Attacks RFE/RL Gandhara 07 Sep 2021 -- Pretrial hearings for Khalid Sheikh Muhammad, the alleged mastermind of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and four other defendants are set to resume on September 7 at the U.S. military base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- Letter to the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Foreign Interference in or Undermining Public Confidence in United States Elections The White House 07 Sep 2021
- Notice on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Foreign Interference in or Undermining Public Confidence in United States Elections The White House 07 Sep 2021
- Remarks by President Biden in Briefing on the Impact of Hurricane Ida in Hillsborough Township, NJ The White House 07 Sep 2021
- Paris Braces for Trial of 2015 Terror Attackers VOA 07 Sep 2021 -- Twenty people linked to the November 2015 terrorist attacks in France are going on trial in Paris Wednesday in proceedings expected to last nine months.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 7 September 2021
- COVID-19 Delta variant still 'most concerning', say WHO experts UN News 07 Sep 2021 -- Even with the emergence of the new Mu COVID-19 variant, the Delta strain remains the top concern globally, appearing to "outcompete" others, senior officials with the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday.
- Vaccines Offer Protection Against 'Long COVID,' Scientists Say VOA 07 Sep 2021 -- Coronavirus vaccines offer protection not only against infection and serious illness but may also help prevent so-called "Long COVID," where symptoms can last for several weeks or months, according to new research from scientists at Kings College London.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 07 Sep 2021
- Increased COVID Restrictions on the Pentagon Reservation DoD 07 Sep 2021 -- Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases and positive test cases in the National Capital Region, the Pentagon Reservation will move to Health Protection Condition Bravo Plus (Bravo+) effective 5 a.m. EDT, Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021.
- U.S. COVID-19 cases surpass 40 mln -- Johns Hopkins University People's Daily 07 Sep 2021 -- The total number of COVID-19 cases in the United States topped 40 million on Monday, according to data from the Johns Hopkins University.
- Over 2.11 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 07 Sep 2021 -- Over 2.11 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Monday, data from the National Health Commission showed Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 36 imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 36 imported COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Tuesday.
- China's Sinopharm to develop second-generation mRNA COVID-19 vaccine Press TV 07 Sep 2021 -- China National Pharmaceutical Group Sinopharm is working to produce its own mRNA COVID-19 vaccine in an effort to more effectively fight the new variants of the coronavirus.
- India administered more than 1.13 Cr vaccine doses in last 24 hours India PIB 07 Sep 2021 -- In a landmark achievement to India's COVID-19 vaccination efforts, more than 1.13 Crore COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 235 India PIB 07 Sep 2021 -- In a landmark achievement, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 70 Crore landmark milestone (70, 63, 55,796) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 07 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 07 Sep 2021
- COVID-19 kills 635 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 07 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 111,892 with 635 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 12 new COVID cases; preschool cluster grows to 15 CNA 07 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 12 new COVID-19 cases -- eight transmitted domestically and four contracted overseas -- and zero deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Fourth batch of Japan-donated COVID-19 vaccines arrives in Taiwan CNA 07 Sep 2021 -- A total of 64,000 doses of the AstraZeneca (AZ) COVID-19 vaccine donated by Japan arrived in Taiwan on Tuesday afternoon, the fourth such donation made by Tokyo to Taipei so far.
- 4,800 students affected by class suspensions in Taipei, New Taipei CNA 07 Sep 2021 -- COVID-19 cases reported at a preschool and an elementary school have resulted in 4,800 students in Taipei and New Taipei being affected by class suspensions, according to officials in the two cities.
- New Zealand to Lift Many COVID-19 Restrictions VOA 07 Sep 2021 -- New Zealand is easing the coronavirus lockdown for nearly the entire country first imposed last month after the Pacific nation reported its first confirmed COVID-19 case in six months.
- Indonesia Reports Lowest COVID Rate Since Pandemic Began VOA 07 Sep 2021 -- Indonesian authorities say the nation's daily coronavirus positivity rate has dropped below 5% for the first time since the pandemic began, a strong indication the nation's second wave of COVID-19 infections could be easing.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|