06 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- British Researchers Say Pro-Russian Influence Operation Targets Western News Websites RFE/RL 06 Sep 2021 -- The websites of several prominent Western news outlets have been targeted by a pro-Russian influence operation that uses the websites' comment sections to distort public opinion, research conducted in Britain shows.
- Berlin Protests To Moscow Over Preelection Cyberattacks RFE/RL 06 Sep 2021 -- Germany says it has protested to Russia over attempts to steal data from politicians in what it suspects could be an attempt to spread "disinformation" ahead of German elections later this year.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 6 September 2021
- WHO Chief: 'Complacency Can Be as Dangerous as the Virus' VOA 06 Sep 2021 -- The director general of the World Health Organization warned Monday that the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic is far from over.
- New setback for Biden as Delta variant hits US hiring Press TV 06 Sep 2021 -- The Delta variant of Covid-19 is hitting the US economy as there has been a slowdown in hiring, showing yet another complication for President Joe Biden's plans to remake the world's largest economy.
- Booster shot increases potency, scale and duration of protection against novel coronavirus: Sinovac Global Times 06 Sep 2021 -- A third dose of Sinovac's inactivated vaccine increases the potency, scale, and duration of anamnestic responses against SARS-CoV-2, according to the latest lab study data published on Saturday in a pre-print paper on medRvix .
- Chinese mainland reports 18 imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 18 imported COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 68.75 Cr India PIB 06 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 25,23,089 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has surpassed the cumulative figure of 68.75 Cr (68,75,41,762) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 234 India PIB 06 Sep 2021 -- In a landmark achievement, India administered more than 1 Crore COVID-19 vaccine doses today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 06 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 06 Sep 2021
- COVID-19 kills 583 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 06 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 111,257 with 583 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Iran's home-grown Noora COVID-19 vaccine enters second stage of human trial Press TV 06 Sep 2021 -- A senior official with the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says Iran's domestically-developed and produced Noora coronavirus vaccine has entered the second stage of human trial, only a day after Iranian scientists began the third phase of the clinical trial of homegrown Razi Cov Pars COVID-19 vaccine.
- Taiwan extends Level 2 COVID alert, but eases train restrictions CNA 06 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan will extend its current Level 2 alert against COVID-19 to at least Sept. 20 as sporadic domestically transmitted cases with unknown causes continue to be reported, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Monday.
- Taiwan reports 16 new COVID-19 cases, zero deaths CNA 06 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan on Monday reported 16 new COVID-19 cases -- nine transmitted domestically and seven contracted overseas -- and zero deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Cuba Vaccinating Children as Young as 2, State Media Say VOA 06 Sep 2021 -- Cuba began inoculating children as young as 2 with vaccines it developed that have not been recognized by the World Health Organization, the country announced Monday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|