04 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus Can Cause 'Severe Illness' in Children, CDC Warns VOA 04 Sep 2021 -- A U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report released Friday says the coronavirus can cause "severe illness" in children and adolescents.
- Over 2.09 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 04 Sep 2021 -- More than 2.09 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Friday, data from the National Health Commission showed Saturday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 67.72 Cr India PIB 04 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 58,85,687vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has surpassed the cumulative figure of 67.72Cr (67,72,11,205) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 232 India PIB 04 Sep 2021 -- In a landmark milestone, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 68 Crore landmark milestone(68, 37, 29,058) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 04 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 04 Sep 2021
- Centre reviews COVID-19 Vaccination with 11 North Eastern and Hill States/UTs India PIB 04 Sep 2021 -- Union Health Secretary Shri Rajesh Bhushan chaired a high-level review meeting today with 11 North East and Hill States and UTs: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura and Uttarakhand.
At the outset, the Health Secretary underlined that:
a) The States/UTs need to quickly saturate the first dose coverage among the 18+ population category.
b) States must also focus on the 60+ age group as the coverage of both the doses in this category is unsatisfactory in Assam, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Meghalaya
- Iran to accelerate COVID vaccinations with ramp up in import from China Press TV 04 Sep 2021 -- Iran is to ramp up vaccinations against the coronavirus as the country is taking delivery of large batches of Sinopharm shots from China.
- Some 4m more doses of COVID-19 vaccines due in Iran within 24 hours IRNA 04 Sep 2021 -- Iran is expected to import some 4 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccines within the next 24 hours, according to Deputy Head of Iran Customs Administration (IRICA) Mehrdad Jamali.
- COVID-19 kills 515 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 04 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 110,064 with 515 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 1 new imported COVID-19 case, no domestic case CNA 04 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan reported one new imported case of COVID-19 on Saturday and no new domestic transmissions, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan donates 200 oxygen concentrators to COVID-plagued Malaysia CNA 04 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan donated 200 oxygen concentrators to Malaysia on Friday to help the nation cope with the current crisis its healthcare system is facing amidst a surge in COVID-19 cases.
- Poland's donation of 400,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses en route to Taiwan CNA 04 Sep 2021 -- A flight carrying 400,000 doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine pledged by Poland has departed for Taiwan, the latter's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) confirmed Saturday evening, shortly after the Polish government announced the vaccine donation.
- Brazil Suspends Use of Vaccine Made in Unauthorized Plant VOA 04 Sep 2021 -- Brazil has placed a 90-day suspension on the use of more than 12 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine because they were made in a plant that had not been authorized by Anvisa, Brazil's federal health regulator, Reuters reported.
- UNHCR: End COVID Border Restrictions Blocking Central American Asylum Seekers VOA 04 Sep 2021 -- The U.N. refugee agency, UNHCR, is calling on the United States and other nations to end COVID-19 border restrictions that keep Central American refugees from seeking asylum.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|