03 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Statement by President Joe Biden on the Executive Order Directing Declassification Review of Documents Related to the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks The White House 03 Sep 2021
- Executive Order on Declassification Review of Certain Documents Concerning the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001 The White House 03 Sep 2021
- Secretary Mayorkas Delivers Remarks on Operation Allies Welcome DHS 03 Sep 2021
- Readout of Secretary Mayorkas's Engagement with Community Leaders Regarding Operation Allies Welcome DHS 03 Sep 2021 -- In executing the Department of Homeland Security's leadership role in Operation Allies Welcome â€“ the ongoing all-of-government effort to resettle vulnerable Afghans in the United States, including those who worked on behalf of the United States â€“ Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro N. Mayorkas met yesterday with more than 20 leaders of the Afghan-American community to hear their views and recommendations for how to successfully accomplish this resettlement.
- New Zealand Terror Attack Condemned As 'Hateful,' Senseless VOA 03 Sep 2021 -- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says a terrorist attack at a shopping mall in Auckland was inspired by the Islamic State group. The attacker - a Sri Lankan national who was wielding a knife - has been shot dead by the police. Six people have reportedly been injured.
- New Zealand police gun down 'extremist' who stabbed six in Auckland Press TV 03 Sep 2021 -- New Zealand police officers have shot and killed a knife-wielding "extremist" who stabbed and wounded at least six people in a supermarket, the country's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced.
- Defense Department Imagery Information Aids Wildland Firefighters DoD 03 Sep 2021 -- With continuing significant fire activity in the western United States this year, the Department of Defense (DoD) is delivering requested personnel, equipment, and facilities, to assist our Federal, State, and local partners fighting wildland fires.
- How Taliban's Win Might Influence Radical Muslims in Southeast Asia VOA 03 Sep 2021 -- The Taliban victory in Afghanistan could inspire radical Muslim groups in Southeast Asia to take up arms once more against their own governments, analysts say, and officials are on alert for potential violence.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- On-the-Record Press Call by Office of Science and Technology Policy Director Dr. Eric Lander and NSC Director for Global Health Security and Biodefense Dr. Beth Cameron on American Pandemic Preparedness The White House 03 Sep 2021
- China provides world with 1b doses of vaccines Global Times 03 Sep 2021 -- China has provided 1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines to the world, and it can fulfill the 2-billion-dose pledge, an official with the National Health Commission (NHC) said on Friday on the sidelines of the China International Fair for Trade in Services (CIFTIS).
- Over 2.08 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 03 Sep 2021 -- More than 2.08 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Thursday, data from the National Health Commission showed Friday. Enditem
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses 67 Cr landmark India PIB 03 Sep 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's cumulative vaccination coverage has crossed 67 Crore landmark today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day231 India PIB 03 Sep 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 67.65 Crore (67,65,00,301) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 03 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 03 Sep 2021
- MISSION SAGAR INS AIRAVAT ARRIVES AT THAILAND WITH COVID RELIEF SUPPLIES India PIB 03 Sep 2021 -- As part of the ongoing Mission SAGAR, INS Airavat arrived at Sattahip, Thailand with COVID Relief Material on 03 Sep 2021. The ship is delivering 300 oxygen concentrators based on the requirement projected by the Government of Thailand in its fight against the ongoing COVID19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 kills 561 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 03 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 109,549 with 561 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Iran receives biggest COVID-19 vaccine consignment IRNA 03 Sep 2021 -- The Biggest COVID-19 vaccine consignment, including over 4,600,000 doses of vaccine, arrived in Iran on Friday, deputy head of Iran Customs Administration said.
- Six new COVID-19 cases Friday include 2 EVA Air pilots CNA 03 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan reported six new COVID-19 cases on Friday, including two EVA Air pilots who had recently contracted the disease overseas, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID-19 restrictions tightened in Taoyuan amid worry over Delta cases CNA 03 Sep 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Friday that more stringent COVID-19 prevention measures were being imposed in Taoyuan with immediate effect, as it had confirmed one case of the Delta variant there, with a possibility of others.
- More book AstraZeneca shots; Japan to donate more jabs to Taiwan CNA 03 Sep 2021 -- Around 339,000 people in Taiwan had made appointments Friday for their first dose of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, within three hours after the bookings opened, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Japan to donate fourth batch of vaccines to Taiwan CNA 03 Sep 2021 -- The Japanese government will donate another batch of COVID-19 vaccines to Taiwan this month, Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi said Friday.
- Domestic Politics Could be Behind North Korea's Rejection of Sinovac Jabs, Experts say Radio Free Asia 03 Sep 2021 -- North Korea's rejection of nearly three million doses of a Chinese-made coronavirus vaccine this week might be an attempt by leader Kim Jong Un to use the pandemic to consolidate power, experts told RFA.
- UK and Australia agree to share vaccines to tackle global pandemic UK FCDO 03 Sep 2021 -- UK and Australia to share 4 million COVID-19 vaccine doses with each other to enhance roll-out of life-saving jabs.
- U.S. To Send More Than 500,000 COVID Vaccine Doses To Kosovo RFE/RL 03 Sep 2021 -- The United States is sending more than half a million doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine to Kosovo amid a spike in cases and related deaths in the Balkan nation.
- African Union Makes Vaccine Deal for the Continent VOA 03 Sep 2021 -- The African Union has announced that Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines assembled in South Africa will no longer be exported to Europe and will instead be distributed among African countries.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|