02 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Remarks by President Biden on Hurricane Ida Response Efforts The White House 02 Sep 2021
- President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Approves New Jersey Emergency Declaration The White House 02 Sep 2021
- Statement by Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Strategic Petroleum Reserve Exchange to Address Impact of Hurricane Ida The White House 02 Sep 2021
- ISIS Militant Pleads Guilty to Role in Deaths of Four Americans in Syria US Dept. of Justice 02 Sep 2021 -- 'Beatles' Member Admits to Participating in Hostage-Taking Scheme that Resulted in the Deaths of American, British and Japanese Citizens
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki and Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technologies Anne Neuberger, September 2, 2021 The White House 02 Sep 2021
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Fauci Says Third Dose of Vaccine 'Likely' Necessary VOA 02 Sep 2021 -- Americans will likely have to get a third shot of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Thursday at a White House press briefing.
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 02 Sep 2021
- China to provide 110m doses of COVID-19 vaccines to COVAX, signs long-term supply deal with WHO: Chinese FM Global Times 02 Sep 2021 -- China will provide 110 million doses of Sinovac and Sinopharm COVID-19 shots to the pandemic program of the World Health Organization (WHO) by the end of October, and it will continue to provide vaccines to WHO in the long term as outlined in a deal recently reached by the two sides, said Wang Wenbin, a spokesperson of the Chinese Foreign Ministry, on Thursday.
- Over 2.07 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 02 Sep 2021 -- More than 2.07 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Wednesday, data from the National Health Commission showed Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new locally transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 02 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported one new locally transmitted COVID-19 case in Yunnan, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Thursday.
- Europe's Infectious Disease Agency Says No Pressing Need for Boosters VOA 02 Sep 2021 -- The European Center for Disease Prevention and Control has issued a report saying that based on current evidence, there is no urgent need for COVID-19 vaccine booster shots and the public health focus should remain on getting initial vaccinations to eligible European citizens.
- Anti-COVID Vaccine Protests Fail to Materialize in Italy VOA 02 Sep 2021 -- Plans by anti-COVID vaccine activists to shut down rail travel in Italy fell apart Wednesday as police outnumbered protesters at railway stations across the country. The Italian government has gone ahead with its plan to require Green Passes for long-distance travel, and the pass became mandatory Wednesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses 66 Cr landmark India PIB 02 Sep 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's cumulative vaccination coverage crossed 66 Crore landmark yesterday.With the administration of 81,09,244vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has surpassed the cumulative figure of 66.30Cr (66,30,37,334) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day230 India PIB 02 Sep 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 66.98 Crore (66,98,35,708) landmark milestone today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 02 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 02 Sep 2021
- MISSION SAGAR - INS SAVITRI ARRIVES AT CHITTAGONG India PIB 02 Sep 2021 -- Indian Navy's Offshore Patrol Vessel INS Savitri arrived Chattogram harbour, Bangladesh on 02 September 2021 carrying two 960 LPM (Litres Per Minute) Medical Oxygen Plants (MOP) to support the ongoing efforts of the Bangladesh military and government agencies in combating the ongoing wave of the Covid pandemic in their country. The MOPs have been developed and manufactured by DRDO in India.
- COVID-19 kills 595 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 02 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 108,988 with 595 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Iran receives 3rd delivery of COVID-19 vaccines through COVAX Facility IRNA 02 Sep 2021 -- The Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran, as one of the self-financing participant countries of the COVAX Facility, has received the third batch of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine with 1,449,600 doses.
- Taiwan reports 5 new COVID-19 cases and 1 uncounted death CNA 02 Sep 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Thursday said Taiwan saw five new COVID-19 cases and one death from the disease involving a man in his 60s who died in late June but had not previously been included in the fatality.
- Military conscripts to receive mandatory COVID-19 test: CECC CNA 02 Sep 2021 -- Military conscripts will have to take a COVID-19 test before reporting for duty, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Thursday.
- Taiwan receives first batch of BNT vaccines CNA 02 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan received its first batch of 930,000 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech (BNT) COVID-19 vaccine on Thursday, with a planned rollout to begin as early as mid-September.
- COVID-19: Africa could miss goal to vaccinate millions by month's end UN News 02 Sep 2021 -- Africa could miss the goal of vaccinating the most vulnerable 10 per cent of its population against COVID-19 before the month ends, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday.
- WHO Official: Africa to Miss COVID Inoculation Goal Because of Vaccine Hoarding VOA 02 Sep 2021 -- The World Health Organization reports Africa will fail to reach the global target of vaccinating 10% of vulnerable populations against COVID-19 in every country by the end of September.
- China provides COVID-19 vaccines to Egyptian military PLA Daily 02 Sep 2021 -- To implement President Xi Jinping's important declaration on making China's COVID-19 vaccine a global public good, and at the request of the Egyptian Armed Forces, the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) has delivered a batch of COVID-19 vaccines to the Egyptian side on September 1, 2021.
- Despite No Official COVID Cases, Many Turkmen Schools To Stay Closed RFE/RL 02 Sep 2021 -- Authorities in Turkmenistan, where the government has yet to officially register a single case of coronavirus, have extended school holidays indefinitely amid reports on the ground of a spike in deaths believed to be caused by COVID-19.
- Rohingya Refugees in Rakhine Ask to Return Home in the Face of COVID Hardships Radio Free Asia 02 Sep 2021 -- More than 100,000 Rohingya refugees who've been confined to camps in western Myanmar's Rakhine state for nearly a decade are asking to be allowed to return home so they can find work and food amid the COVID-19 pandemic, members of the Muslim minority group say.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|