01 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- World Health Organization Adds New COVID-19 'Variant of Interest' VOA 01 Sep 2021 -- The World Health Organization has designated a new strain of COVID-19 as a "variant of interest."
- COVID-19: New Mu variant could be more vaccine-resistant UN News 01 Sep 2021 -- A new coronavirus "variant of interest" named Mu β also known by its scientific name as B.1.621 β is being closely monitored by the World Health Organization (WHO), the agency has said.
- Producing COVID-19 vaccines in Latin America will ease shortages, protect more people UN News 01 Sep 2021 -- A new platform launched on Wednesday by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) will ease severe COVID-19 vaccine shortages and safeguard more people in Latin America and the Caribbean by producing inoculations within the region.
- New data-driven hub aims to detect and prevent next pandemic UN News 01 Sep 2021 -- A new centre in Berlin, Germany, launched on Wednesday by the World Health Organization (WHO), aims to help countries better assess and respond to global disease threats in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
- WHO Chief, Germany's Merkel Open Global Pandemic Hub in Berlin VOA 01 Sep 2021 -- German Chancellor Angela Merkel and World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Wednesday officially opened the international Hub for Pandemic and Epidemic Intelligence in Berlin β a center designed to pool the world's resources to fight future global health emergencies.
- Delta variant of COVID-19 in U.S. adds hospitalizations, nips events, devours social benefits People's Daily 01 Sep 2021 -- The raging Delta variant of COVID-19 continues to bring more people, including many children, into U.S. hospitals, and force cancellations of college enrollments and social events, in addition to disrupting Americans' daily life and eroding their long-term welfare.
- Over 2.06 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 01 Sep 2021 -- More than 2.06 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Tuesday, data from the National Health Commission showed Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Wednesday.
- China's experience, protocols effective against Delta variant: health commission People's Daily 01 Sep 2021 -- China's experience and protocols in containing the COVID-19 epidemic since last year have been effective in curbing the Delta variant, the National Health Commission (NHC) has said.
- China's Henan clears all COVID-19 medium-, high-risk areas People's Daily 01 Sep 2021 -- Two areas in Shangqiu City, central China's Henan Province, will be downgraded from medium-risk to low-risk for COVID-19 starting Wednesday, said local authorities Tuesday.
- India's Schools Reopen as COVID-19 Cases Decline VOA 01 Sep 2021 -- Schools in Indian have begun to reopen after being closed for more than a year as cases of COVID-19 have started to decline.
- India achieves Highest ever Single-Day Vaccination Coverage with the administration of over 1.33 Cr doses India PIB 01 Sep 2021 -- In a landmark achievement, India administered more than 1 Crore COVID-19 vaccine doses yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 229 India PIB 01 Sep 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 66 Crore (66, 17,38,647) landmark milestone today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 01 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 01 Sep 2021
- US Sending Millions of COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to Pakistan VOA 01 Sep 2021 -- As Pakistan deals with a surge in COVID-19 cases due to the delta variant, the United States will begin moving 4 million doses of the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine to the country on Thursday, a White House spokesperson told VOA.
- 5m doses of COVID-19 vaccines soon to arrive IRNA 01 Sep 2021 -- Assistant Foreign Minister and Director General of Asia-Pacific Department Reza Zabib said on Wednesday that five million doses of COVID-19 vaccines will arrive in the country in the coming days.
- COVID-19 kills 599 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 01 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 108,393 with 599 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Good news received from increased vaccine imports, domestic production: Iranian President ISNA 01 Sep 2021 -- Speaking in a meeting of the cabinet this Wednesday morning, Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi referred to the proposal to allocate land for the construction of 5,000 housing units for the families of the martyrs, and said, "We take this proposal as a good one and it is very appropriate that the housing movement in the 13th government starts with housing for the martyrs and the families of the martyrs and veterans".
- Japan Begins Recall of Tainted Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine VOA 01 Sep 2021 -- After suspending the use of 1.63 million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine over contamination concerns last week, Japan is now recalling those doses, Moderna Inc. and its Japanese partner, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. said Wednesday.
- Taiwan plans to start BioNTech vaccine rollout in mid-September CNA 01 Sep 2021 -- The rollout of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in Taiwan can begin as early as mid-September, after the first shipment arrives in the country on Thursday, said Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (ι³ζδΈ).
- Taiwan reports six new COVID-19 cases; AZ appointment period extended CNA 01 Sep 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Wednesday said that Taiwan reported six new cases of COVID-19, and that the period over which people aged 23-28 can receive the AstraZeneca vaccine will be extended.
- N. Korea Rejects COVID Vaccines, Saying Hard-hit Nations Have Greater Need VOA 01 Sep 2021 -- North Korea has requested that 3 million doses of Chinese-made COVID-19 vaccine it was allocated be sent to countries with severe outbreaks, according to UNICEF.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|