31 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- China urges US to scrap warrant on 'fentanyl trafficker,' provide more evidence Global Times 31 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese Foreign Ministry on Tuesday requested the US to stop offering a reward of $5 million for the arrest of a Chinese national described by the US as a transnational drug trafficker, as such a move undermines the foundation of bilateral anti-drug cooperation and obstructs future collaboration.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 31 August 2021
- COVID-19: Rich countries should donate at least 1 billion vaccine doses, says WHO panel UN News 31 Aug 2021 -- Rich countries must share their supplies of COVID-19 vaccines quickly, in line with recommendations made earlier this year by an independent panel appointed by the World Health Organization (WHO), the former co-chairs said on Tuesday.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 31 Aug 2021
- US Vaccinations Surge, Alongside Child Cases VOA 31 Aug 2021 -- More and more Americans are getting coronavirus vaccines as a highly infectious variant of the virus surges and millions of children return to school, the White House's top COVID-19 advisers said Tuesday.
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 31 Aug 2021
- China's COVID-19 vaccine boosts Cambodia's inoculation drive People's Daily 31 Aug 2021 -- A flight carrying a new batch of 2 million doses of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccines arrived in Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia on Tuesday, giving another boost to the kingdom's inoculation drive, a senior health official said.
- Hong Kong reports 2 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 31 Aug 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported two new imported cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, taking the total tally to 12,112.
- Over 2.05 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 31 Aug 2021 -- More than 2.05 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Monday, data from the National Health Commission showed Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 31 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Tuesday.
- EU removes U.S. from safe travel list due to COVID-19 surge People's Daily 31 Aug 2021 -- The Council of the European Union (EU) on Monday recommended that member states of the EU reintroduce restrictions on travellers from the United States due to a surge in COVID-19 infections there.
- EU Chief Says 70% of Bloc's Adult Population Now Vaccinated VOA 31 Aug 2021 -- European Commission President Ursula Von der Leyen said Tuesday 70% of all adults in the European Union are now fully vaccinated â€” more than 250 million people.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses 64 Cr landmark India PIB 31 Aug 2021 -- India's cumulative vaccination coverage crossed 64 Crore landmark yesterday.With the administration of 59,62,286 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has surpassed the cumulative figure of 64.05 Cr (64,05,28,644) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- India sets new record on COVID Vaccination Drive Day 228 India PIB 31 Aug 2021 -- In a significant achievement, a record high of more than 1.04 crore (1,04,42,184) Vaccine Doses have been administered today, just five days after India witnessed the first day of administration of 1 Cr vaccine doses
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 31 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 31 Aug 2021
- AS PART OF MISSION SAGAR INDIAN NAVAL SHIP SAVITRI DEPARTS TO DELIVER MEDICAL SUPPLIES TO BANGLADESH India PIB 31 Aug 2021 -- Indian Navy's Offshore Patrol Vessel INS Savitri departed Visakhapatnam on 30 August 2021 and is enroute to Chittagong, Bangladesh to support the ongoing efforts of the Bangladesh military and government agencies in combating the ongoing wave of the Covid pandemic in their country.
- COVID-19 kills 643 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 31 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 107,794 with 643 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Three new domestic cases with unknown source of infection: CECC CNA 31 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported four new COVID-19 cases -- three transmitted domestically and one contracted overseas -- and one death from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- BioNTech vaccines to arrive Wednesday; people 12-22 to be prioritized CNA 31 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan is expected to receive its first batch of Pfizer-BioNTech (BNT) COVID-19 vaccines on Wednesday, and they will be administered first to people between 12 and 22 years of age, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Tuesday.
- COVID-19 Death Toll Said To Be Rising In 'Coronavirus-Free' Turkmenistan RFE/RL 31 Aug 2021 -- Sources in Ashgabat's health directorate say deaths from COVID-19 are rising in Turkmenistan, where the government has not publicly confirmed a single coronavirus infection since the start of the pandemic last year.
- New Variant of COVID-19 Detected in South Africa VOA 31 Aug 2021 -- Scientists in South Africa say they have detected a new variant of COVID-19.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|