28 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Remarks by President Biden Before Virtual FEMA Briefing on Preparations for Hurricane Ida The White House 28 Aug 2021
- Readout of President Biden's Conversations with FEMA and National Hurricane Center The White House 28 Aug 2021
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Over 2.01 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 28 Aug 2021 -- Over 2.01 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Friday, data from the National Health Commission showed Saturday.
- China's Zhengzhou clears all COVID-19 medium-, high-risk areas People's Daily 28 Aug 2021 -- Central China's Zhengzhou city cleared all its medium- and high-risk areas for COVID-19 on Saturday, with closed-management measures in affected areas lifted, reported the city authorities.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new locally transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 28 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported one new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 case in Yunnan Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- COVID-19 Deaths In Russia Hit New Monthly High In July RFE/RL 28 Aug 2021 -- More than 50,000 people who had been diagnosed with COVID-19 died in Russia during the month of July, setting a new monthly high, Russia's government statistics agency said on August 28.
- India achieves a Landmark Milestone with Highest ever Single-Day Vaccination Coverage of over 1 Crore doses India PIB 28 Aug 2021 -- In a landmark achievement, India administered more than 1 Crore COVID-19 vaccine doses yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 225 India PIB 28 Aug 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 63 Crore (63,00,67,629) landmark milestone as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 28 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 28 Aug 2021
- COVID-19 kills 614 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 28 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 105,901 with 614 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Iran Fakhra COVID-19 vaccine near to mass production IRNA 28 Aug 2021 -- Production of Iranian-developed Fakhra vaccine has reached its final phases and will be mass-manufactured in the near future, Minister of Defense Brigadier-General Mohammad Reza Qaraei Ashtiani announced on Saturday.
- Import of COVID-19 vaccine should be under supervision of Ministry of Health ISNA 28 Aug 2021 -- Speaking at the meeting of the National Task Force Against Coronavirus before noon on Saturday, Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi emphasized that unfortunately the situation of the outbreak of coronavirus in the country is not acceptable, saying, "Although I should appreciate the jihadist efforts of medical staff and all people involved, but the reports received and the observations of me and the Minister of Health indicate that the outbreak situation is not good at all".
- Japan's severe COVID-19 patients hits record of 2,000 People's Daily 28 Aug 2021 -- Japan's number of COVID-19 patients with severe symptoms on Thursday rose to a record of 2,000, reaching a new record for the 15th consecutive day, the health ministry said Friday.
- 2 People Die in Japan After Moderna Shots From Tainted Batch VOA 28 Aug 2021 -- Japan's health ministry said Saturday that two people in their 30s have died days after receiving their second Moderna COVID-19 vaccine shot.
- Taiwan to roll out AZ vaccine again; registration for BNT jabs opens CNA 28 Aug 2021 -- Nearly 2 million people registered their willingness to get a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in the first three hours of registration Saturday, but new vaccination openings for the AstraZeneca vaccine were also announced, creating some confusion.
- Taiwan sees 2nd day of no new domestic COVID-19 cases CNA 28 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday recorded six new imported cases of COVID-19 but no new domestic transmissions for the second straight day and no deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Chile receives new shipment of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 28 Aug 2021 -- Chile received a new shipment of COVID-19 vaccines from the Chinese pharmaceutical company Sinovac on Friday.
- South Sudan set to receive 100,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines from China People's Daily 28 Aug 2021 -- South Sudan said Friday it is expecting 100,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines from China to help in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Uganda to receive 300,000 more doses of COVID-19 vaccine from China People's Daily 28 Aug 2021 -- Uganda's vice-president Jessica Alupo has said that the east African country is set to receive some 300,000 more doses of COVID-19 vaccine from China.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|