27 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Explainer: Who Are Islamic State-Khorasan And What Are They After? RFE/RL Gandhara 27 Aug 2021 -- Islamic State-Khorasan (IS-K), the Islamic State offshoot that claimed responsibility for the August 26 suicide attack outside Kabul airport, has been behind some of the deadliest operations against Afghan civilians.
- President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Approves Louisiana Emergency Declaration The White House 27 Aug 2021
- Readout of President Biden's Call with Gulf Coast Governors in Advance of Hurricane Ida The White House 27 Aug 2021
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Vaccine inequity causes 'dangerous divergence' in COVID survival rates â€“ UN agency heads UN News 27 Aug 2021 -- The global rollout of COVID-19 vaccines is progressing at "two alarmingly different speeds", UN agency leaders said in a statement on Friday, noting that less than two per cent of adults are fully vaccinated in most low-income countries compared to almost 50 per cent in high--income nations.
- DOD Awards $6.5 Million Contract to U.S. Cotton, LLC, to Increase Domestic Production Capacity of Polyester-Tipped Swabs DoD 27 Aug 2021 -- On August 27, 2021, the Department of Defense (DOD), on behalf of and in coordination with the Department of Health and Human Services, awarded $6.5 million to U.S. Cotton, LLC, a subsidiary of Parkdale, Inc., to increase domestic production capacity of the polyester-tipped swabs used in COVID-19 home test kits and mass testing settings.
- Army Study Evaluates Use of Dogs in COVID-19 Detection DoD News 27 Aug 2021 -- Scientists at the Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Chemical Biological Center are partnering with the University of Pennsylvania and various canine training facilities to continue research on how canines can aid in the fight against COVID-19 and other chemical biological threats.
- Statement by President Joe Biden on the Investigation into the Origins of COVID-19 The White House 27 Aug 2021
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 27 Aug 2021
- China specifies three groups for COVID-19 booster shots Global Times 27 Aug 2021 -- Experts are making further studies on whether to expand the availability of COVID-19 vaccine boosting shots to all people who have been fully vaccinated for six months, officials from China's National Health Commission told a press conference on Friday, during which they also specified three groups of people that can have the booster shots.
- Current COVID-19 outbreak in China controlled: health official People's Daily 27 Aug 2021 -- The latest COVID-19 outbreak in China has been controlled, a health official said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 2 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported two new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, one each in Shanghai and Jiangsu, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crossed 61 Cr landmark India PIB 27 Aug 2021 -- India's cumulative vaccination coverage has crossed the 61 Crore landmark yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 224 India PIB 27 Aug 2021 -- India has administered more than 93 lakh doses under its Nationwide Vaccination drive
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 27 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 Update India PIB 27 Aug 2021
- COVID-19 kills 571 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 27 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 105,287 with 571 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports zero domestic COVID-19 cases for 2nd time this week CNA 27 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan reported seven new imported cases of COVID-19 on Friday and recorded no new domestic transmissions for the second time in a week, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- 265,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine arrive in Taiwan; BNT registration to begin Saturday CNA 27 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan took delivery of another shipment of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine from South Korea on Friday, part of the AZ vaccine doses ordered from abroad.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|