26 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Biden Urges Technology Executives To 'Raise The Bar' On Cybersecurity RFE/RL 26 Aug 2021 -- Some of the largest U.S. technology companies have committed to investing billions of dollars to strengthen cybersecurity after a series of high-profile attacks on U.S. companies believed to have been carried out by Russian hackers.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Pentagon orders military personnel to get vaccinated immediately Press TV 26 Aug 2021 -- US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin says the country's military troops must receive their Covid-19 vaccine as soon as possible.
- COVID-19 outbreak in Nanjing worst since Wuhan: National Health Commission Global Times 26 Aug 2021 -- The recent COVID-19 outbreak at Nanjing Lukou International Airport triggered by the Delta variant was the most severe and caused the most infections in China since the outbreak in Wuhan, Central China's Hubei Province in 2019, according to the National Health Commission (NHC).
- Over 1.98 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 26 Aug 2021 -- More than 1.98 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Wednesday, data from the National Health Commission showed Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 3 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported three new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases in Yunnan Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Thursday.
- Chinese military continues COVID-19 vaccine assistance to militaries of related countries PLA Daily 26 Aug 2021 -- The global situation of COVID-19 prevention and control remains complex and challenging. Since August, Chinese military has provided COVID-19 vaccine assistance to militaries of related countries, said Senior Colonel Tan Kefei, spokesperson for the Ministry of National Defense (MND) on Thursday.
- Chinese military continues COVID-19 vaccine assistance to militaries of related countries PLA Daily 26 Aug 2021 -- A transport aircraft of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) of China carrying a batch of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine landed Monday at Noi Bai International Airport in the Vietnamese capital Hanoi.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 223 India PIB 26 Aug 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed61 Crore (61,10,43,573) landmark milestoneas per the 7 pm provisional report today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 26 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 26 Aug 2021
- COVID-19 kills 694 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 26 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 104,716 with 694 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Iran's foreign minister: Special headquarters to be set up to expedite coronavirus vaccine imports Press TV 26 Aug 2021 -- Iran's foreign minister says his ministry is planning to set up a special headquarters in order to speed up the provision of coronavirus vaccines from any country whose standards are approved by Iran's Health Ministry.
- Japan halts import of America's Moderna vaccine over contamination fears Press TV 26 Aug 2021 -- Japan has halted the import of 1.6 million doses of American Moderna's coronavirus vaccine after the domestic distributor received reports of contaminants in some vials.
- Taiwan to receive another shipment of AstraZeneca vaccine Friday CNA 26 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan is expected to take delivery of another shipment of AstraZeneca (AZ) COVID-19 vaccine from South Korea on Friday, part of the AZ vaccine doses ordered from abroad.
- Two new domestic COVID-19 cases test positive in quarantine: CECC CNA 26 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported eight new cases of COVID-19 -- two transmitted domestically and six contracted overseas -- according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan 'competing' for early delivery of BNT vaccine: CECC CNA 26 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan's government said late Wednesday that a batch of Pfizer-BioNTech (BNT) vaccine doses had become available ahead of schedule and that it was competing with other countries to obtain it, while strongly hinting that it was already a done deal.
- Zambia to start administering China's COVID-19 Sinopharm vaccine People's Daily 26 Aug 2021 -- Zambia will soon start rolling out the Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine received from China early this month, a government official said on Wednesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|