25 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Mansfield-Lahm ANG Base named preferred location for Cyber Warfare Wing US Air Force 25 Aug 2021 -- The Department of the Air Force announced today that it has identified Ohio's Mansfield-Lahm Air National Guard Base as the preferred location for a new Cyber Warfare Wing mission. The transformation will support Air Combat Command's future requirements and result in operational mission changes, including an increase of approximately 175 Airmen and associated infrastructure support.
- Remarks by President Biden on Collectively Improving the Nation's Cybersecurity The White House 25 Aug 2021
- Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on the President's Upcoming Cybersecurity Meeting The White House 25 Aug 2021
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coming months critical for future pandemic preparedness: WHO chief UN News 25 Aug 2021 -- The next three months will be a critical period for stepping up global collective action against future pandemics, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday, pointing to three major meetings on the international agenda.
- DOD Awards $14.7 Million Contract to SteriPack to Establish Domestic Production Capability of ExpressCollect (Swab-in-Tube) Collection Devices DoD 25 Aug 2021 -- On August 24, 2021, the Department of Defense (DOD), on behalf of and in coordination with the Department of Health and Human Services, awarded a $14.7 million contract to SteriPack to develop domestic production capability of ExpressCollect (Swab-in-Tube) that is compatible with nasal swab tests.
- Secretary of Defense Austin Issues Guidance for Mandatory Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination of Department of Defense Service Members DoD 25 Aug 2021 -- Today, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III issued a memorandum for Mandatory Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination of Department of Defense Service Members.
- Secretary of Defense Mandates COVID-19 Vaccinations for Service Members DoD News 25 Aug 2021 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III yesterday issued a memorandum directing mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for service members, a Pentagon official said today. John F. Kirby, Pentagon press secretary, said only Food and Drug Administration-approved vaccines will be mandatory.
- Biden receives 'inconclusive' intelligence report on Covid-19 origin Press TV 25 Aug 2021 -- US President Joe Biden has received a classified report that shows the country's intelligence community has been unable to identify the origin of the coronavirus.
- American Vice President Harris Inaugurates CDC Office for Southeast Asia Radio Free Asia 25 Aug 2021 -- U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris launched the Hanoi-based Southeast Asian office of America's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday, saying Washington's alliances in the region aimed to mutually advance people's health and security.
- 75 Chinese officials punished for ineffective management in containing surge of Delta variant in the country Global Times 25 Aug 2021 -- At least 75 officials have been punished for failing to contain the latest surge in Delta variant cases in China, which has been put under control in 35 days. Experts said this result proves the effectiveness of China's anti-epidemic model.
- Over 1.97 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 25 Aug 2021 -- More than 1.97 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Tuesday, data from the National Health Commission showed Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 4 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 25 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported four new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including two in Shanghai, and one each in Jiangsu and Yunnan, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Wednesday.
- Putin says Russia opposes politicizing COVID-19 origins tracing Global Times 25 Aug 2021 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday that Russia is opposed to the politicization of COVID-19 origins tracing.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crossed 59 Cr landmark India PIB 25 Aug 2021 -- India's cumulative vaccination coverage has crossed the 59 Crore landmark yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 222 India PIB 25 Aug 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 60 Crore (60,24,25,271) landmark milestone as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 25 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 25 Aug 2021
- COVID-19 kills 665 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 25 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 104,022 with 665 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Strict border control measures to remain until vaccination rate rises: CECC CNA 25 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan will not relax its strict border control measures until the national vaccination rate rises, the head of the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Wednesday.
- Taiwan records no new domestic COVID cases for first time in 3 months CNA 25 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Wednesday reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 infections for the first time since mid-May, when a surge in domestic cases began, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Nigeria approves emergency use of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 25 Aug 2021 -- Nigerian authorities have approved the emergency use of the Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine amid efforts to battle the third wave of infections in the country, an official said on Tuesday.
- More PLA-donated vaccines arrive in Laos PLA Daily 25 Aug 2021 -- The second batch of COVID-19 vaccines donated by the People's Liberation Army (PLA) to the Lao People's Army, carried by PLA Air Force's Y-20 transport aircraft, has arrived at Wattay International Airport in Lao capital Vientiane.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|