24 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 24 Aug 2021
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 24 Aug 2021
- U.S. COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, deaths continue to climb People's Daily 24 Aug 2021 -- U.S. COVID-19 new cases, hospitalizations, deaths continue to climb due to the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant, showed data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- China rolls out anti-epidemic measures for new semester Global Times 24 Aug 2021 -- As the domestic infection curve has been flattened, health and education authorities in China have rolled out specific measures to prevent COVID-19 flare-ups from hitting campuses as cities brace for a new semester, which starts in September.
- China tames latest Delta-induced surge in 35 days Global Times 24 Aug 2021 -- China has put the latest wide-spread outbreak under control in 35 days as zero domestic confirmed COVID-19 cases were registered on Monday in the country despite that an asymptomatic case was reported late that day, a result that experts said proves the effectiveness of China's anti-epidemic model.
- Over 1.96 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 24 Aug 2021 -- More than 1.96 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Monday, data from the National Health Commission showed Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new locally transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 24 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported one new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 case in Henan Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Tuesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 58.89 Cr India PIB 24 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has surpassed the cumulative figure of 58.89 Cr (58,89,97,805) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 221 India PIB 24 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 59.47 Crore (59,47,65,751) as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 24 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 24 Aug 2021
- COVID-19 kills 709 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 24 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 103,357 with 709 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Iran Reports New Daily Record For COVID-19 Deaths Amid Surge Of Delta Variant RFE/RL 24 Aug 2021 -- Iran has reported a record daily 709 deaths from COVID-19 as the country struggled with yet another surge in infections, this time fueled by the highly contagious Delta variant.
- Taiwan Rolls Out Homegrown COVID-19 Vaccine as Cases Hit New Low Radio Free Asia 24 Aug 2021 -- Cases of COVID-19 in Taiwan hit a fresh low on Tuesday, as the democratic island started to roll out its own coronavirus vaccine to the population.
- Taiwan to offer second jab of local COVID vaccine Sept. 27 CNA 24 Aug 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) plans to offer a second shot of a locally developed COVID-19 vaccine from Sept. 27, five weeks after its rollout, a health official said Tuesday.
- Arrivals required to take designated vehicles to quarantine facilities CNA 24 Aug 2021 -- To prevent the potential spread of imported coronavirus, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Tuesday that it will soon require all travelers arriving in Taiwan from abroad to take designated vehicles to quarantine facilities.
- Taiwan reports one new domestic COVID-19 case, one death CNA 24 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported six new cases of COVID-19, all but one of which were imported cases, and one death from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Double-Edged Sword: The Securitization of COVID Response in Vietnam Radio Free Asia 24 Aug 2021 -- On Aug. 20, the Vietnamese government announced that it would start deploying troops to assist in the response to the COVID-19 Delta variant in Ho Chi Minh City and adjacent provinces.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|