23 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- United States and Singapore Expand Cooperation on Cybersecurity CISA 23 Aug 2021 -- The United States and Singapore have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to expand cooperation on cybersecurity. The MOU was signed by Jen Easterly, Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and David Koh, Chief Executive of the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA).
- The United States Department of the Treasury and the Monetary Authority of Singapore Finalize a Memorandum of Understanding on Cybersecurity Cooperation US Treasury 23 Aug 2021 -- On August 23, 2021, the United States Department of the Treasury ("Treasury") and the Monetary Authority of Singapore ("MAS") announced the finalization of a bilateral Memorandum of Understanding ("MoU") on Cybersecurity Cooperation. This announcement was made during Vice President Kamala Harris' visit to Singapore, where both the US and Singapore recognized the importance of deepening cooperation in new domains to deal with the challenges of the 21st century.
- Brooklyn Federal Jury Convicts U.S. Citizen of Attempting to Provide Material Support to ISIS US Dept. of Justice 23 Aug 2021 -- Defendant Traveled from the United States to Tunisia in 2016 With the Goal of Crossing into Libya to Join the Islamic State
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 23 August 2021
- DOD Intends to Mandate Pfizer Vaccine, Pentagon Official Says DoD News 23 Aug 2021 -- Since the Food and Drug Administration today granted full approval of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, it's very likely the vaccine will soon become mandatory for Defense Department personnel, the Pentagon press secretary said.
- FDA Gives Full Approval to Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine VOA 23 Aug 2021 -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has given full approval to Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine for people 16 and older.
- Remarks by President Biden on the COVID-19 Response and the Vaccination Program The White House 23 Aug 2021
- Tennessee Guard increases COVID-19 support to area hospitals Army News 23 Aug 2021 -- Over the weekend, the Tennessee National Guard increased its support to area hospitals across Tennessee as they fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
- DOD Awards $0.6 Million Contract to QIAGEN to Increase Domestic Production Capacity of COVID-19 Diagnostic Test Kits and Reagents DoD 23 Aug 2021 -- On August 23, 2021, the Department of Defense (DoD), on behalf of and in coordination with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), awarded a $0.6 million contract to QIAGEN Beverly, Inc. to expand manufacturing capacity of enzymatic reagents and reagent kits used in COVID-19 molecular diagnostic tests.
- Case of Hangzhou 'fallen tiger' sounds alert to officials in rich regions Global Times 23 Aug 2021 -- The anti-graft authority in Hangzhou, East China's Zhejiang Province announced on Monday that it has launched a special campaign to address problems in establishing a close but clear relationship between the government and the business sectors.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 58.25 Cr India PIB 23 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has surpassed the cumulative figure of 58.25 Cr (58,25,49,595) as per provisional reports till 8 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 220 India PIB 23 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 58.82 Crore (58,82,21,623) as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 23 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 23 Aug 2021
- Iran's imports of COVID-19 vaccine top 26m doses IRNA 23 Aug 2021 -- Iran has imported more than 26 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine in less than seven months, according to Vice Chairman of Iran Customs Administration (IRICA) Mehrdad Jamali.
- COVID-19 kills 610 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 23 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 102,648 with 610 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Domestic COVID-19 vaccine a manifestation of Iran's sanctions-proof power IRNA 23 Aug 2021 -- Despite recent controversies over the slow supply of Iranian COVID-19 vaccines, the fact that Iran managed to even produce a vaccine while under harsh sanctions by the US manifests the country's level of knowledge and capacity in medical science.
- Taiwan reports 4 new domestic COVID-19 cases, all in New Taipei CNA 23 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Monday reported six new cases of COVID-19, including four domestic infections and two imported cases, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan Launches Domestic Coronavirus Vaccine Campaign VOA 23 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan's president has received the first dose of the island's controversial, domestically produced coronavirus vaccine.
- Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City Enters Lockdown, With Armed Soldiers Deployed on the Streets Radio Free Asia 23 Aug 2021 -- Ho Chi Minh City entered a strict lockdown on Monday, with troops carrying AK-47 rifles stationed around Vietnam's biggest city to restrict people's movements and residents complaining online about intimidation, sources say.
- New Zealand's 'Elimination Strategy' Tested as It Extends National COVID-19 Lockdown VOA 23 Aug 2021 -- Government minister in New Zealand Chris Hipkins admitted that the country's "elimination" approach to achieve a "COVID zero" status may no longer be viable as the delta variant is proving difficult to control.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|