21 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Tennessee Guard continues COVID-19 response amid Delta variant Army News 21 Aug 2021 -- Soldiers and Airmen of the Tennessee National Guard have been working alongside and supporting the Tennessee Department of Health, Tennessee Emergency Management Agency, and various other state and local agencies to combat the spread of COVID-19 since March 2020.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 57.61 Cr India PIB 21 Aug 2021 -- With the administration of 36,36,043 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has surpassed the cumulative figure of 57.61 Cr (57,61,17,350) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 218 India PIB 21 Aug 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 21 Aug 2021
- WHO: Iran's COVID-19 vaccination increases IRNA 21 Aug 2021 -- World Health Organization (WHO) acknowledged greatly the increase in frequency of vaccination recently after deployment of international and locally-made vaccines, wrote the body's representative in Iran.
- COVID-19 kills 544 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 21 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 101,354 with 544 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 2 domestic COVID-19 cases; further easing of restrictions CNA 21 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported 10 new cases of COVID-19, of which two were transmitted domestically, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said, while announcing the further easing of some restrictions in the country.
- Taiwan extends Level 2 COVID-19 alert, eases more restrictions CNA 21 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan's Level 2 COVID-19 alert will be extended to Sept. 6, but more government restrictions will be relaxed, starting next Tuesday, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
- Anti-Lockdown Protesters Clash with Police in Australia VOA 21 Aug 2021 -- Thousands of anti-lockdown protesters in Australia have clashed with police. There have been clashes in Melbourne, while many arrests have also been made in Sydney. Both cities are under strict stay-at-home orders as the delta variant continues to surge.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|