20 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- US Officials Investigating Moderna Vaccine for Myocarditis Link, Newspaper Says VOA 20 Aug 2021 -- A story on The Washington Post's website late Thursday said federal officials are investigating reports that the Moderna vaccine against COVID-19 may be linked to a higher risk of myocarditis or heart inflammation in young adults than previously thought.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 57.22 Cr India PIB 20 Aug 2021 -- With the administration of 54,71,282vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has surpassed the cumulative figure of 57.22 Cr (57,22,81,488) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 20 Aug 2021
- India Approves Second Homegrown Vaccine VOA 20 Aug 2021 -- Authorities in India have approved the emergency use of a second locally developed vaccine, while British drugmaker AstraZeneca unveiled a new antibody therapy to fight COVID-19.
- COVID-19 kills 555 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 20 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 100,810 with 555 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- President Raisi urges taking all power to accelerate supplying COVID-19 vaccine IRNA 20 Aug 2021 -- Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi referred to his recent phone conversation with Chinese counterpart, saying both sides emphasized acceleration supplying COVID-19 vaccine.
- Taiwan reports 6 domestic COVID-19 cases; most in Greater Taipei CNA 20 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Friday reported nine new cases of COVID-19, all but three of which were domestic infections, as well as one death from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Israel Offers COVID-19 Booster Shots to Anyone Older Than 40 VOA 20 Aug 2021 -- As the number of COVID-19 cases continues to rise in Israel , the country has expanded its COVID-19 vaccine campaign to give third shots to anyone over the age of 40.
- Junta Faces Difficulties on Myanmar Vaccination Program VOA 20 Aug 2021 -- Myanmar's coup leader, Senior General Min Aung Hlaing, is aiming for 50% of country's population to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by the end of this year, but there are difficulties and obstacles on the ground to achieving that goal.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|