15 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. COVID-19 deaths almost double in 2 weeks, as fight over ban of school mask mandate goes on People's Daily 15 Aug 2021 -- The seven-day average of COVID-19 deaths reached 645 in the United States on Friday, almost doubling in two weeks to reach the highest point since May, according to data compiled by the Johns Hopkins University.
- Corona-infected children hospitalized in US in record numbers Press TV 15 Aug 2021 -- The number of children hospitalized across the US with COVID-19 has hit a record high of just over 1,900 as hospitals in southern states were stretched to capacity fighting outbreaks caused by the highly transmissible Delta variant.
- Zhengzhou to conduct online teaching and registration due to COVID-19 epidemic Global Times 15 Aug 2021 -- Zhengzhou, capital of Central China's Henan Province, which is just recovering from historically disastrous floods, will provide online registration and teaching for local students for the upcoming semester as the city has a total of 138 confirmed cases and one silent carrier in the recent outbreak of COVID-19.
- 12 Party members and officials in Yangzhou, East China's Jiangsu punished for negligence of their duties in fight against COVID-19 Global Times 15 Aug 2021 -- Twelve Party members and officials in Yangzhou, East China's Jiangsu Province were punished for negligence of their duties when battling the resurgence of the COVID-19 epidemic as the number of infections in the city totaled 542 as of Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 24 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 24 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- China's Henan reports 5 new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Aug 2021 -- Central China's Henan Province reported five new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, eight new asymptomatic carriers on Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Over 1.84 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 15 Aug 2021 -- Over 1.84 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China by Friday, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Hong Kong reports 2 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Aug 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported two new imported cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, taking the tally of total confirmed cases to 12,032.
- England to Soon Offer COVID Vaccines to 16-17 Year-Olds VOA 15 Aug 2021 -- All England's 16- and-17-year-olds will be eligible to receive a first dose of a COVID vaccine by August 23, the National Health Service announced Sunday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 54 Cr India PIB 15 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed the landmark of 54 Cr
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 15 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 15 Aug 2021
- Iran To Start Six-Day Lockdown Amid Coronavirus Surge RFE/RL 15 Aug 2021 -- Iranian state media says authorities will impose a six-day "general lockdown" in cities across the country beginning on August 16.
- COVID-19 kills 620 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 15 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 97,828 with 620 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- 1m doses of imported COVID-19 vaccine delivered to health ministry IRNA 15 Aug 2021 -- The head of Iran's Red Crescent Society said on Sunday that importing coronavirus vaccine has been facilitated and the one million doses imported today were delivered to the Ministry of Health .
- Iran's Health Ministry receives over 1mn doses of imported COVID vaccines Press TV 15 Aug 2021 -- The Iranian Red Crescent Society (IRCS) says it has delivered the 14th consignment of imported COVID-19 vaccines to the Health Ministry.
- Taiwan reports nine new COVID-19 cases, mulls Level 2 alert extension CNA 15 Aug 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Sunday said that Taiwan recorded nine new cases of COVID-19, and that it was likely the nationwide Level 2 COVID-19 alert would be extended after it expires on Aug. 23.
- Taiwan receives second batch of Moderna vaccine in August CNA 15 Aug 2021 -- A total of 249,600 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine were delivered to Taiwan Sunday, the second batch the country received from the manufacturer in August.
- Israel Rolls Out COVID Booster Shots to Anyone Over 50 VOA 15 Aug 2021 -- Israel has expanded its vaccine campaign to give booster shots against COVID-19 to anyone over 50. To that end, the country is opening all night vaccination sites to encourage more people to get vaccinated. All of this comes as the number of cases in Israel continues to rise.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|