09 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 9 August 2021
- Statement by President Joe Biden on COVID-19 Vaccines for Service Members The White House 09 Aug 2021
- Biden to Approve Austin's Request to Make COVID-19 Vaccine Mandatory for Service Members DoD News 09 Aug 2021 -- By mid-September, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III will request a waiver from President Joe Biden to make the COVID-19 vaccine mandatory for service members, Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby said today.
- Secretary of Defense Message to the Force DoD 09 Aug 2021
- Austin Seeks Presidential Approval for Mandatory Troop Vaccinations by Mid-September DoD News 09 Aug 2021 -- The COVID-19 vaccine will be mandatory for service members by mid-September, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III said in a message to the force released today.
- US Military to Mandate COVID Vaccines by Mid-September VOA 09 Aug 2021 -- The U.S. military will start requiring service members to receive a COVID-19 vaccine by the middle of September, anticipating full regulatory approval of a vaccine by then.
- US Military Requires Troops to Get Coronavirus Vaccines By September 15 Sputnik 09 Aug 2021 -- Members of the US military will have to receive coronavirus vaccines by September 15, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said in a memorandum to soldiers, obtained by Associated Press on Monday.
- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby Holds a Press Briefing DoD 09 Aug 2021
- Fauci warns of 'worse variant' if COVID allowed to keep mutating in unvaxxed Press TV 09 Aug 2021 -- Top US infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci has renewed his pandemic warnings and cautioned vaccinated Americans about an even "worse variant" that could be coming after the COVID-19 Delta variant that is taking hold across the United States.
- US Injunction Allows Cruise Line to Ask Passengers About Vaccine Status VOA 09 Aug 2021 -- A cruise ship line is now free to require proof of coronavirus vaccination from passengers in Florida.
- Andersen AFB provides COVID-19 relief to Vietnam US Air Force 09 Aug 2021 -- The 36th Contracting Squadron at Andersen Air Force Base recently partnered with the government of Vietnam to help bring COVID-19 relief by purchasing and sending 77 ultra-low temperature freezers at a total value of $691,000.
- China says latest COVID-19 resurgence more complicated but controllable People's Daily 09 Aug 2021 -- The latest resurgence of COVID-19 in China, caused mainly by the Delta variant, is more complicated but the epidemic is generally controllable, a Chinese official has said.
- After Floods, China's Zhengzhou Hit by Surge in Delta Coronavirus Cases Radio Free Asia 09 Aug 2021 -- Authorities in the central Chinese province of Henan have launched mass testing operations following a surge in COVID-19 cases in the wake of disastrous flooding that hit the region last month.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 50.86 Cr India PIB 09 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage hasexceeded 50.86 Cr
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 206 India PIB 09 Aug 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's Cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage has crossed the landmark of 51 crore (51,39,14,567), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 09 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 09 Aug 2021
- COVID-19 kills 588 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 09 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 94,603 with 588 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry said on Monday.
- President directs all existing capacities to contain coronavirus IRNA 09 Aug 2021 -- Iran's President Ebrahim Raisi ordered the health minister to leverage all existing capacities in the country to contain the recent surge in the coronavirus spread.
- Taiwan reports single-digit COVID-19 cases for 2nd straight day CNA 09 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Monday reported eight new cases of COVID-19, the first time there have been back-to-back days with single digit cases in the country since mid-May.
- Level 2 COVID alert extended; national parks, swimming pools to reopen CNA 09 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan's current COVID-19 Level 2 alert will be extended to Aug. 23, while swimming pools and national parks will be allowed to reopen conditionally starting Tuesday, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Monday.
- Myanmar Workers Stranded by COVID in Lao SEZ Protest to Return Home Radio Free Asia 09 Aug 2021 -- Myanmar migrant workers stranded at a special economic zone (SEZ) in northern Laos catering to Chinese gamblers staged a rare protest last week in a bid to return home amid an outbreak of the coronavirus, saying they haven't been paid in months and can no longer afford food or rent.
- Canada Reopens Land Border to Vaccinated US Citizens VOA 09 Aug 2021 -- Canada Monday reopened its land border with the United States to vaccinated citizens for non-essential travel, the first time U.S. citizens could do so since March of 2020.
- Afghanistan, Coronavirus Lend Extra Weight To Central Asian Leaders' Summit RFE/RL 09 Aug 2021 -- All five Central Asian heads of state gathered at a resort on Turkmenistan's Caspian coast on August 6. And while there was something familiar about their talk of cooperation, new realities lent greater urgency to the discussions.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|