06 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Designations of ISIS-Mozambique, JNIM, and al-Shabaab Leaders US Dept. of State 06 Aug 2021 -- "I am announcing the designation of five terrorist leaders in Africa. Bonomade Machude Omar, Sidan ag Hitta, Salem ould Breihmatt, Ali Mohamed Rage, and Abdikadir Mohamed Abdikadir are designated as Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGTs) under Executive Order 13224, as amended."
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Global COVID-19 cases reported to WHO top 200 mln People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The number of COVID-19 cases worldwide has surpassed 200 million, according to the latest data from the World Health Organization (WHO).
- 14 seriously ill, 2 critical among 220 COVID-19 patients in Yangzhou as elderly fell victim Global Times 06 Aug 2021 -- Yangzhou in East China's Jiangsu Province on Friday noon suspended inbound and outbound rail connections amid a serious COVID-19 resurgence in the city, which so far has reached 220 infections, including 14 seriously ill and two in critical condition.
- Over 1.74 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- More than 1.74 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China by Thursday, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- China's Zhengzhou further steps up epidemic prevention, control People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The central Chinese city of Zhengzhou, capital of Henan Province, further tightened epidemic prevention and control measures after a recent resurgence of COVID-19 infections, according to local authorities on Thursday.
- First batch of COVID-19 patients cured in China's Nanjing People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The first batch of six patients who had been infected with coronavirus were cured and transferred to a rehabilitation hospital for further medical observation on Thursday in the east China city of Nanjing, local health authorities said.
- Chinese mainland reports 80 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 80 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- Latest COVID-19 outbreak in China can be soon contained: health official People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The latest resurgence of COVID-19 in China can be effectively contained in a short time if response measures are strictly enforced, a health official said Thursday.
- COVID-19 outbreak in central Chinese city related to imported case: official People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- Recent COVID-19 cases reported in the central Chinese city of Zhengzhou were highly homologous with an imported case under treatment at a local hospital, a health official said Thursday.
- China steps up mass inoculation to curb Delta variant People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- Local authorities in China have ramped up mass vaccination drives to contain the latest resurgence of COVID-19 attributable to the highly contagious Delta variant.
- China curbs COVID-19 spread in tourism, culture sectors People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- China is stepping up efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in tourism and culture sectors as the country is experiencing a new wave of COVID-19 outbreaks during its peak tourist season, according to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism on Thursday.
- Chinese customs curb COVID-19 spread through ports People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- China has made efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 through ports as the country is under pressure to guard against possible imported cases, said the General Administration of Customs (GAC) on Thursday.
- Beijing to further step up epidemic prevention, control People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- Beijing will further tighten epidemic prevention and control measures after a recent resurgence of COVID-19 infections, the municipal epidemic prevention and control headquarters said at a press briefing Thursday.
- China tightens containment measures at cinemas amid COVID-19 resurgence People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- China's film watchdog on Thursday released a circular requiring cinemas across the country to guard against the resurgence of COVID-19 based on local conditions.
- China to provide 2 billion COVID-19 vaccines globally this year: Xi People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- China will strive to provide 2 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses to the world throughout this year and offer 100 million U.S. dollars to COVAX, Chinese President Xi Jinping said Thursday in a written message to the first meeting of the international forum on COVID-19 vaccine cooperation.
- China says latest COVID-19 resurgence more complicated but "controllable" People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The latest resurgence of COVID-19 in China, caused mainly by the Delta variant, is more complicated but the epidemic is generally controllable, Chinese officials said Thursday.
- India's fight against COVID-19 receives a strong impetus as vaccination numbers cross the 50 crore mark: PM India PIB 06 Aug 2021 -- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has said as vaccination number has crossed 50 crore mark, India hopes to build on these numbers and ensure our citizens are vaccinated under 'vaccine for all- free for all movement'.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crossed landmark of 49 Cr India PIB 06 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage crossed the landmark of 49 Cr yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 203 India PIB 06 Aug 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's Cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage has crossed 50 crore landmark milestone (50,03,48,866), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 06 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 06 Aug 2021
- ENGAGEMENT OF CGHS INFRASTRUCTURE FOR COVID CARE India PIB 06 Aug 2021 -- Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) is a contributory health scheme primarily meant for Central Government Employees and Pensioners and their eligible family members, which provides primary healthcare through its Wellness Centres
- TREATMENT OF COVID PATIENTS UNDER PMJAY India PIB 06 Aug 2021 -- Public Health being a state subject, response to the COVID-19 pandemic is primarily directed by the State Governments
- COVID-19 kills 458 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 06 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 93,086 with 458 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry said on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 10 new domestic COVID-19 cases, extends Level 2 alert CNA 06 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 12 new cases of COVID-19, all but two of which were domestic infections, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Mix-and-match vaccine policy to start with medical staff: CECC CNA 06 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan is considering starting its mix-and-match approach for COVID-19 vaccines by allowing medical staff who have received a jab of the AstraZeneca (AZ) vaccine to get an mRNA vaccine as the second shot.
- Cambodia's Hun Sen Orders Quarantine, Treatment for Workers Returning From Thailand Radio Free Asia 06 Aug 2021 -- Prime Minister Hun Sen on Friday ordered border authorities to set up quarantine centers to receive hundreds of Cambodian migrant workers, many infected with COVID-19, desperate to return home from Thailand, while neighboring Laos also struggled with an exodus of sick laborers from the kingdom.
- Myanmar: COVID-19 third wave has hit like a 'tsunami', warns WFP UN News 06 Aug 2021 -- The World Food Programme (WFP) warned on Friday that it is facing a 70 per cent funding shortfall in Myanmar, where millions face growing food insecurity.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|