02 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- CISA and FBI Join Forces to Prevent Bomb-Making with Operation Flashpoint CISA 02 Aug 2021 -- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have launched a 90-day pilot program called "Operation Flashpoint" across CISA's southeastern region to build awareness in communities about how to prevent bomb attacks.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- DHS Statement on Updated CDC Order DHS 02 Aug 2021 -- "As part the United States' COVID-19 mitigation efforts, DHS will continue to process individuals in accordance with the CDC's updated Title 42 Order. Title 42 is not an immigration authority, but a public health authority, and its continued use is dictated by CDC and governed by the CDC's analysis of public health factors."
- US surpasses 35 million COVID-19 cases as health experts warn worst yet to come Press TV 02 Aug 2021 -- The United States has surpassed 35 million recorded COVID-19 cases as experts warn that the worst is yet to come with the Delta variant driving a new surge in infections.
- Southern US States Set Records for COVID Hospitalizations VOA 02 Aug 2021 -- Hospitalizations from COVID-19 are surging in the Southern United States with some states seeing record numbers of patients as the country faces a wave of coronavirus infections fueled by the delta variant.
- New York Governor Calls for More Vaccinations for State Employees VOA 02 Aug 2021 -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said Monday that Metropolitan Transportation Authority and Port Authority employees working in state facilities must be vaccinated or face weekly testing, beginning after the Labor Day holiday September 6.
- US Official Says Getting Vaccines to Africans is 'Top Priority' VOA 02 Aug 2021 -- The Biden administration is in the process of delivering 25 million vaccine doses to African countries in a massive effort to help African nations beat the COVID-19 pandemic. VOA's Hayde Adams, the host of "Straight Talk Africa," spoke with Akunna Cook, the U.S. deputy assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, about how the effort is going. The interview was edited for brevity and clarity.
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 02 Aug 2021
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki and White House American Rescue Plan Coordinator and Senior Advisor to the President Gene Sperling, August 2, 2021 The White House 02 Aug 2021
- Zhengzhou in C China's Henan reported 63 infections in the latest surge linked back to hospital infection, the detected virus strain is highly homologous to patient from Myanmar Global Times 02 Aug 2021 -- Zhengzhou, the capital city of Central China's Henan Province has reported 13 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 50 asymptomatic carriers as of 6 pm on Monday since its first two asymptomatic carriers reported on Friday.
- Track record checking platform resume to normal use after failing provide service as overloaded amid latest COVID-19 surge in China Global Times 02 Aug 2021 -- China's national track record checking platform has resumed to normal use after failing to provide checking services on Monday, given that the platform has received surge service request and go far beyond the carrying capacity amid latest COVID-19 resurgence in at least 18 provinces in the country.
- 31 provincial-level regions warn against unnecessary travel amid rampaging Delta variant infections Global Times 02 Aug 2021 -- As 31 provincial-level regions across China on Monday warned residents against unnecessary travel in light of the outbreaks fueled by the rampaging Delta variant, Chinese officials and health experts stressed the strong infectivity and transmissibility of the mutated variant and urged the country to learn lessons from the latest outbreaks to fill the loopholes of anti-epidemic work - especially in hospitals and airports where infection risks are high.
- Communities in Beijing under lockdown after finding positive COVID-19 case in area Global Times 02 Aug 2021 -- Beijing has locked down six residential communities in its northwestern district of Haidian on Monday morning after finding one positive COVID-19 case within the area. The move came as the latest effort in curbing nationwide coronavirus spike that has spread to the country's capital in recent days.
- Epidemic continues to simmer as E China's Yangzhou reports 54 infections Global Times 02 Aug 2021 -- Epidemic in Yangzhou, a city in East China's Jiangsu Province, continues to simmer, authorities said as the city has registered 54 confirmed COVID-19 infections and two asymptomatic cases as of Monday.
- C China's Zhuzhou bans residents from leaving the city as latest effort to curb virus spike Global Times 02 Aug 2021 -- Zhuzhou in Central China's Hunan Province, another city adjacent to the virus-stricken Zhangjiajie, is requiring all local residents not to leave the city after reporting another six new asymptomatic cases on Sunday. More than 30 cities across China have issued such warnings amid the latest round of the epidemic outbreak fueled by the rampaging Delta variant.
- Beijing reports 2 new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Aug 2021 -- Beijing reported two new locally-transmitted confirmed cases of COVID-19 and one asymptomatic case from 12 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, local authorities said Sunday.
- Chinese vice premier stresses curbing COVID-19 spread People's Daily 02 Aug 2021 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan has stressed solid efforts to prevent and control COVID-19 outbreaks and curb the spread of the virus.
- Chinese mainland reports 55 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 55 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson's Remarks on Vaccines Provided to Countries that Have Joined the Initiative for Belt and Road Partnership on COVID-19 Vaccines Cooperation PRC MofA 02 Aug 2021
- Britain Opens Borders to Fully Vaccinated Travelers From US, Most of EU VOA 02 Aug 2021 -- Britain has opened its borders to fully vaccinated travelers from the United States and much of Europe, as the government continues to ease coronavirus travel restrictions.
- EFFORTS BY DRDO TO DEAL WITH COVID-19 PANDEMIC India PIB 02 Aug 2021 -- Some of efforts made by DRDO to deal with COVID-19 pandemic at National level are as follows:-
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 47.22 Cr India PIB 02 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coveragehas exceeded 47.22 Cr
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 199 India PIB 02 Aug 2021 -- India's Cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage has surpassed47.78 crore (47,78,00,587), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 02 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 02 Aug 2021
- In a letter to President Rouhani: Supreme Leader calls for any necessary measure to contain spread of COVID-19 IRNA 02 Aug 2021 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, in a letter to President Hassan Rouhani on Monday, called for any possible measure to contain the spread of the coronavirus disease and the circulation of the virus.
- COVID-19 kills 411 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 02 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 91,407 with 411 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry said on Monday.
- New batch of Chinese COVID-19 vaccines arrives in Iran IRNA 02 Aug 2021 -- Assistant Foreign Minister and Director General of Asia-Pacific Department Reza Zabib said on Sunday that Iran has received the new consignment of the Chinese COVID-19 vaccines.
- Taiwan unlikely to ease COVID-19 restrictions in near future: CECC CNA 02 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan is unlikely to further relax its coronavirus-related restrictions under the lowered COVID-19 alert which will remain in place until Aug. 9, despite falling case numbers, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Monday.
- First 4 batches of Taiwan-made vaccine ready for use CNA 02 Aug 2021 -- The inspection of the first four batches of the locally made COVID-19 vaccine has been completed, and the doses will be sent for the national rollout, the Taiwan Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said on Monday.
- Cambodia begins COVID-19 vaccination drive for adolescents with China's Sinovac vaccine People's Daily 02 Aug 2021 -- Cambodia on Sunday launched an anti-COVID-19 vaccination drive for adolescents aged from 12 to 17, with China's Sinovac vaccine.
- Cambodia receives another batch of China-aided Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 02 Aug 2021 -- A plane carrying a new batch of China-donated Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine touched down in Phnom Penh, capital of Cambodia, on Sunday, Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen said.
- Philippines opposes politicization of COVID-19 origins People's Daily 02 Aug 2021 -- The Philippines on Monday condemned politicizing the origins of COVID-19, joining a growing number of countries on the issue.
- Vietnam And Laos Brace For Higher COVID-19 Virus Infections Radio Free Asia 02 Aug 2021 -- The coronavirus pandemic in Vietnam is now out of control in many parts of the country due to a fourth wave of infections from the Delta variant, Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long said Monday as the government moved to raise the lowest vaccination rate in Southeast Asia.
- After Another COVID Spike, Israel Launches Third Vaccine Dose VOA 02 Aug 2021 -- Israel has become the first country to distribute a third dose of COVID vaccine, offering the extra jab to anyone over 60. Israeli health experts say the effectiveness of the current vaccine declines with time and the third shot will serve as a booster. The move comes as virus rates in Israel are on the increase.
- Humanitarian Groups: Myanmar Has Urgent COVID-Related Needs VOA 02 Aug 2021 -- A group of 16 humanitarian aid organizations has issued a joint statement warning about the "spiraling humanitarian catastrophe in Myanmar triggered by skyrocketing COVID-19 cases and widespread violence."
- Australian Military Joins COVID-19 Lockdown Enforcement in Sydney VOA 02 Aug 2021 -- The Australian military began helping to enforce Australia's strictest COVID-19 lockdown Monday, as a surge in delta variant cases in Sydney continued to cause problems.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|