01 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. reports highest daily COVID-19 cases since February People's Daily 01 Aug 2021 -- The United States registered over 100,000 daily COVID-19 cases on Friday, the highest record since early February this year.
- Dr. Fauci predicts 'things are going to get worse' as Delta spreads across US Press TV 01 Aug 2021 -- US President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci has warned that "things are going to get worse" as the Delta variant of the coronavirus continues to spread across the United States.
- Fauci Predicts Worsening Virus Conditions VOA 01 Aug 2021 -- The top U.S. infectious disease expert said Sunday that the country is facing "some pain and suffering" with the surging delta variant of the coronavirus.
- San Francisco Hospital Staff Test Positive For COVID VOA 01 Aug 2021 -- More than 200 employees at two major hospitals in San Francisco, in the western U.S. state of California, have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to a report Saturday in The New York Times.
- Delta variant challenges China's hard-won epidemic victory Global Times 01 Aug 2021 -- Fresh COVID-19 outbreaks in multiple cities across China sparked new concerns about whether the outbreak in eastern Chinese city Nanjing would lead to a nationwide resurgence in cases, and whether the current vaccines can successfully fend off the risks brought by the rampant Delta variant. Some have raised doubts over whether the rigorous prevention measures adopted over the past year will still work.
- Beijing tightens management on tourists entering and departing from the city amid COVID-19 resurgence Global Times 01 Aug 2021 -- Beijing has strengthened epidemic control and prevention measures by tightening its management on tourists entering and departing from the city amid the recent COVID-19 resurgence. The latest outbreaks have caused more than 300 infections in at least 27 cities in 18 provinces.
- At least 18 provinces in China sound alarm about COVID-19, the worst in months Global Times 01 Aug 2021 -- At least 18 provinces in China have sounded alarm about COVID-19 as more than 300 domestic cases were detected in 10 days, posing great challenges to the country as it deals with the worst epidemic in months.
- Latest outbreak in flood-hit city Zhengzhou triggered by Delta variant: local authority Global Times 01 Aug 2021 -- The latest COVID-19 outbreak in Zhengzhou, Central China's Henan Province, was triggered by the Delta variant, said local government on Sunday.
- COVID-19 resurgence in Zhengzhou, Nanjing exposes poor management of cleaners Global Times 01 Aug 2021 -- COVID-19 resurgence in Zhengzhou and Nanjing which are both related to cleaning workers, has exposed severe poor management loopholes of the cleaning staff in both places.
- Shanghai accelerates virus control measures as Nanjing outbreak spreads to over 20 cities Global Times 01 Aug 2021 -- Shanghai tourism sector regulator has asked all local tourism attractions to follow strict coronavirus prevention and control measures as the neighboring Nanjing city's Delta variant outbreak has spread to more than 20 cities in China.
- Epidemic in Nanjing controllable but outbreak in Central China's Zhangjiajie elusive: top respiratory expert Global Times 01 Aug 2021 -- China's top respiratory disease specialist, Zhong Nanshan, expressed grave concern over the latest COVID-19 outbreak in Central China's Zhangjiajie, a world-renowned tourist destination in Hunan Province where at least eight confirmed cases were found as of Sunday.
- China's Xiamen reports one confirmed COVID-19 case People's Daily 01 Aug 2021 -- The city of Xiamen in east China's Fujian Province reported one confirmed case of COVID-19 and one asymptomatic infection case on Saturday, local authorities said Sunday.
- China's Henan reports 12 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 Aug 2021 -- Central China's Henan Province reported 12 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and 20 asymptomatic cases on Saturday, the provincial health commission said on Sunday.
- China Focus: China moves quickly to contain COVID-19 resurgence People's Daily 01 Aug 2021 -- In the face of new spikes in sporadic COVID-19 infections, governments at various levels across China have promptly taken measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus in an orderly fashion.
- Britain to Offer COVID-19 Booster Shots This Fall VOA 01 Aug 2021 -- Britain will begin offering a booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine to 32 million Britons starting in early September, The Telegraph reported Sunday. The shots will be available in as many as 2,000 pharmacies with the goal of getting them into arms by early December.
- Protests Swell in France Over COVID Measures as Cases Rise VOA 01 Aug 2021 -- After a slow start, the European Union has now overtaken the United States in vaccinating its citizens against COVID-19. Anti-vaccine resistance remains, including in France, where officials estimate more than 200,000 people joined demonstrations this weekend to protest a mandatory health pass.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 47 Cr India PIB 01 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coveragecrossed the landmark of 47 Cr yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 01 Aug 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 01 Aug 2021
- COVID-19 kills 366 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 01 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 90,996 with 366 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry said on Sunday.
- Iranian Red Crescent receives 10th batch of COVID-19 Vaccines IRNA 01 Aug 2021 -- Iranian Red Crescent Society (IRCS) â€Žimported the 10th consignment of the COVID-19 vaccines to the country on â€ŽSunday morning.
- COVID cluster at Chiayi factory seems under control: health minister CNA 01 Aug 2021 -- A cluster of COVID-19 cases linked to a factory in Chiayi County appears to be under control, less than a week after it was detected, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™łć™‚ä¸) said Sunday.
- Bhutan Scripts Rare COVID-19 Success Story VOA 01 Aug 2021 -- The mountain kingdom of Bhutan has scripted a rare success story in the South Asian region devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting just two deaths, about 2,500 cases and inoculating 90% of its adult population in one of the world's fastest inoculation campaigns.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|