26 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 26 July 2021
- S. China Zhuhai reports asymptomatic case related to E. China Nanjing COVID-19 resurge Global Times 26 Jul 2021 -- Zhuhai, South China's Guangdong Province, on Monday reported an asymptomatic case related to the recent COVID-19 resurgence in Nanjing, East China's Jiangsu Province, prompting officials to initiate closed management in some areas and start a city-wide nucleic acid testing.
- Over 1.55 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 26 Jul 2021 -- More than 1.55 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China by Sunday, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 40 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 40 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, including 39 in Jiangsu and one in Liaoning, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- Over 3 mln people get at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot in Hong Kong People's Daily 26 Jul 2021 -- More than 3 million people in Hong Kong have taken at least one shot of COVID-19 vaccines, accounting for 44.2 percent of the eligible population.
- COVID-19 kills 322 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 26 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 89,122 with 322 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan reports zero COVID-19 deaths for 2nd consecutive day CNA 26 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan reported 11 new COVID-19 infections but no deaths from the disease on Monday, the second consecutive day nobody in the country was reported to have died of the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan's borders to remain closed to non-residents CNA 26 Jul 2021 -- Travelers who are not citizens or legal residents of Taiwan will still not be permitted to enter the country when the COVID-19 alert level is lowered on Tuesday, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Monday.
- Zimbabwe receives more COVID-19 vaccines from China People's Daily 26 Jul 2021 -- Zimbabwe on Sunday received the sixth batch of COVID-19 vaccines from China as the southern African country ramps up its inoculation drive to tame the spread of COVID-19.
- Floods Add to Misery as Myanmar Struggles to Control Third Wave of COVID-19 Radio Free Asia 26 Jul 2021 -- Already grappling with a deadly third wave of COVID-19 infections in a health crisis made worse by chaos from the military coup, southern Myanmar was inundated by severe flooding over the weekend that hampered the efforts of healthcare workers and aid groups.
- Vietnam Rescinds Endorsement of Traditional Medicines for COVID-19 Radio Free Asia 26 Jul 2021 -- Vietnam has rescinded a recent endorsement of 12 traditional medicines as effective treatment against COVID-19 after promotion of the herbal remedies by the country's health ministry caused an outcry among experts.
- Tajik President's Nephews 'Severely Beat Health Minister' Following Mother's COVID Death RFE/RL 26 Jul 2021 -- Three nephews of Tajik President Emomali Rahmon have severely beaten the Central Asian nation's health minister and other officials following their mother's death from COVID-19, sources close to the government have told RFE/RL.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|