24 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- 45% of Unvaccinated Americans Say They Will Definitely Not Get the Vaccine VOA 24 Jul 2021 -- Forty-five percent of the Americans who have not been inoculated with COVID-19 vaccines say they definitely do not have any plans to get the shots, according to a new poll.
- COVID-19 cases related to Nanjing airport outbreak found in 5 Chinese provinces Global Times 24 Jul 2021 -- As of Friday, five Chinese provinces have reported positive cases in COVID-19 testing related to the small-scale outbreak at an international airport in Nanjing, East China's Jiangsu Province this week.
- Chinese mainland reports 13 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 24 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 13 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, including 12 in Jiangsu Province and one in Sichuan Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- COVID-19 kills 259 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 24 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 88,532 with 259 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Global registration of Iranian-developed COVID-19 vaccine underway: Official IRNA 24 Jul 2021 -- Registration of an Iran-made COVID-19 vaccine â€“ CovIran Barekat â€“ in the World Health Organization (WHO) is underway, according to an official with the knowledge of the project.
- Iran to receive 2nd shipment of covid vaccine from Japan next week IRNA 24 Jul 2021 -- The spokesman for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Kianoush Jahanpour said that the second shipment of Japan-donated COVID-19 vaccines would arrive in Iran next Friday.
- First shipment of anti-coronavirus vaccine from Japan arrives in Iran IRNA 24 Jul 2021 -- The first consignment of vaccines against COVID-19 disease sent by the Japanese government arrived in Tehran on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 25 new COVID-19 cases, most infection sources known CNA 24 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported 25 new COVID-19 infections -- 24 transmitted domestically and one contracted overseas -- and two deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taliban Urge Int'l Community to Assist Them With Handling of COVID-19 Pandemic Sputnik 24 Jul 2021 -- The Taliban movement* is calling on the international community and non-governmental organizations to assist it with combating the COVID-19 pandemic, Taliban spokesman Suhail Shaheen has told Sputnik.
- 'Lack of global solidarity', slow vaccination rates put Indonesia in COVID glare UN News 24 Jul 2021 -- A "lack of global solidarity" including the hoarding of vaccines by richer nations as well as slow vaccination rate has contributed to Indonesia becoming the epicentre of the COVID-19 outbreak in Asia, according to the UN's top official in the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|