20 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- DHS Announces New Cybersecurity Requirements for Critical Pipeline Owners and Operators DHS 20 Jul 2021 -- Today, in response to the ongoing cybersecurity threat to pipeline systems, DHS's Transportation Security Administration (TSA) announced the issuance of a second Security Directive that requires owners and operators of TSA-designated critical pipelines that transport hazardous liquids and natural gas to implement a number of urgently needed protections against cyber intrusions.
- US turns cyberspace into another anti-China battlefield, 'futile to contain Beijing' Global Times 20 Jul 2021 -- In an apparent attempt to contain China and as part of its ceaseless efforts to form an anti-China chorus among its major allies, the Biden administration is seeking to turn cyberspace into a new battlefield by ganging up with its allies to accuse China of conducting cyberattacks worldwide, an allegation that was swiftly denounced by Chinese diplomats, internet institutions and experts as China has always been a long-term victim of US cyberattacks.
- Politicization and stigmatization won't solve cyber security concerns: Chinese Mission to the EU and embassies Global Times 20 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese Mission to the European Union (EU) and Chinese embassies in Norway, the UK, Canada, and New Zealand on Tuesday slammed EU and NATO for making groundless accusations that China engaged in malicious cyber activities that "undermined the integrity of cyberspace worldwide." Boasting themselves as the guardians of cyber security, some Western countries have been eavesdropping massively and indiscriminately across the world, the Mission said.
- China: US-led hacking allegations fabricated out of nothing Press TV 20 Jul 2021 -- China has roundly rejected the "groundless" and "irresponsible" hacking allegations made by the United States and its allies, saying they are "fabricated out of nothing."
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 20 July 2021
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 20 July 2021
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 20 Jul 2021
- Delta Variant Accounts for 83% of New US COVID Cases VOA 20 Jul 2021 -- The delta variant of the coronavirus now accounts for 83% of new cases in the U.S., according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Pandemic resurgence feared in US as coronavirus cases rising rapidly, Delta variant taking hold Press TV 20 Jul 2021 -- A pandemic resurgence is now feared in the United States as the coronavirus cases is rising rapidly across the country and the highly contagious Delta variant appeared to be taking hold.
- U.S. continues to see increasing COVID-19 infections as Delta spreads People's Daily 20 Jul 2021 -- The United States continues to see a surge in COVID-19 cases, deaths and hospitalizations, fueled by the highly transmissible Delta variant and vaccine hesitancy.
- China hopes WHO can maintain scientific, serious nature of COVID-19 origin tracing: FM People's Daily 20 Jul 2021 -- China hopes that the World Health Organization (WHO) will adhere to the spirit of science, professionalism and objectivity, and work with the international community to maintain the scientific and serious nature of COVID-19 origin tracing, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said on Monday.
- South China's Guangdong reports asymptomatic COVID-19 case related to imported case Global Times 20 Jul 2021 -- Qingyuan city in South China's Guangdong Province reported an asymptomatic case of COVID-19 related to an imported case on Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 8 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 20 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported eight new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Yunnan, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Tuesday.
- England lifts all COVID-19 restrictions amid rapidly rising cases People's Daily 20 Jul 2021 -- England has lifted almost all its remaining COVID-19 restrictions on Monday, according to its roadmap out of lockdown.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 20 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 20 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 186 India PIB 20 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage has surpassed 41.52 crore (41,52,25,632), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- Steps Taken to Minimize Impact of Covid-19 on Rural India India PIB 20 Jul 2021 -- Union Government has been providing required technical and financial assistance to all States/UTs for strengthening of their healthcare system including management of the COVID-19 Public Health Challenge from time to time.
In view of ingress of COVID-19 in rural areas besides the ongoing measures to control COVID-19 the following steps are taken:
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on 16th April 2021 issued a detailed SOP on COVID-19 Containment & Management in Peri-urban, Rural & Tribal areas
- New COVID Case Record In Iran As Tehran Region Heads Into Lockdown RFE/RL 20 Jul 2021 -- Iran has posted a daily record for coronavirus cases as the capital region locked down to combat a new surge in COVID-19 cases.
- Iran's COVID vaccinations hit record high of 400k per day Press TV 20 Jul 2021 -- Iran's health minister Saeid Namaki says the number of coronavirus vaccinations carried out in the country hit a new high on Monday as the government speeds up its free inoculation program against the disease some six months after the campaign kicked off to a slow start.
- COVID-19 kills 250 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 20 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 87,624 with 250 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Tokyo Olympics Chief Declines to Rule Out Cancellation of Games VOA 20 Jul 2021 -- The Tokyo Olympics is set to open in three days, but the chief of the organizing committee declined Tuesday to rule out a last-minute cancelation if the number of COVID-19 cases among athletes continue to spike.
- Taiwan reports 24 new COVID-19 cases, lowering of alert level 'likely' CNA 20 Jul 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Tuesday said that Taiwan recorded 24 new cases of COVID-19, and that if case numbers continue to be stable, it is "very likely" that the nationwide Level 3 alert will be lowered next week.
- Another batch of Sinopharm's COVID-19 vaccine arrives in Indonesia People's Daily 20 Jul 2021 -- Indonesia has received another batch of Sinopharm's COVID-19 vaccine which arrived at Soekarno Hatta Airport in the province of Banten, an official said on Monday.
- Prisons, Migrant Workers Key Fronts in Battle Against COVID-19 in Cambodia, Laos Radio Free Asia 20 Jul 2021 -- The number of people infected with the coronavirus in Cambodia reached nearly 70,000 on Tuesday with 825 new confirmed cases of the contagious respiratory virus and 21 deaths, according to the health ministry.
- Central Asia Marks Eid Al-Adha Amid Coronavirus Restrictions RFE/RL 20 Jul 2021 -- Muslims in Central Asia are marking one of the major Islamic holidays, Eid al-Adha, while trying to adhere to coronavirus restrictions for the second year in a row amid a surge in new COVID-19 cases.
- Canada to Reopen Border with US to Fully Vaccinated Travelers VOA 20 Jul 2021 -- Canadian officials announced that fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents can enter Canada for what is being called "discretionary travel" beginning August 9.
- Thai Government's Bungled Vaccine Rollout Unites Historically Divided Public in Anger VOA 20 Jul 2021 -- Anger is building at the administration of Thailand Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-O-Cha for a slow COVID-19 vaccine rollout, which has left just 5% of Thais inoculated amid the deadliest wave of the coronavirus pandemic to hit the country, and as health officials warn the worst is yet to come.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|