18 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- With COVID on Rise Again, US Surgeon General Warns 'Pandemic Isn't Over' VOA 18 Jul 2021 -- U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy said Sunday he is worried about the increasing number of new coronavirus cases in the country and laid part of the blame on social media companies for not doing enough to remove misinformation about the need to get vaccinated.
- China to extend mass vaccination program to minors aged 12-17 People's Daily 18 Jul 2021 -- A number of provinces, regions and municipalities across China have announced they will phase in COVID-19 vaccination for minors aged between 12 and 17.
- China's Yunnan reports 1 new locally transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 18 Jul 2021 -- Southwest China's Yunnan Province reported one new locally transmitted COVID-19 case and 11 imported confirmed cases on Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Britain's PM, Finance Minister Exposed to COVID-19 VOA 18 Jul 2021 -- Britain's National Health Service has contacted Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his finance minister, Rishi Sunak, to let them know that they have been close to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 40 Cr India PIB 18 Jul 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage crossed the landmark of40crores
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 18 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 18 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 kills 195 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 18 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 87,161 with 195 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- S. Korea Sends Plane to Bring Home Anti-Piracy Personnel Infected With COVID Off Africa Sputnik 18 Jul 2021 -- South Korea's government sent a plane to its anti-piracy naval unit in the Gulf of Eden near Somalia to bring back home all personnel, many of which have contracted COVID-19, Yonhap News Agency reported.
- Taiwan adds 15 new domestic COVID-19 cases, but says trend stable CNA 18 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan reported 15 new domestic cases of COVID-19 and four deaths on Sunday, but the trend of lower case numbers appeared stable, with only a few cases having unknown sources of infection, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Bangladesh receives new batches of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 18 Jul 2021 -- Bangladesh has received two new commercial batches of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine, boosting the country's inoculation drive.
- 3,000 tons of liquid oxygen from China arrive in Myanmar to help fight pandemic People's Daily 18 Jul 2021 -- A total of 3,000 tons of liquid oxygen from China arrived in Myanmar's second largest city Mandalay on Saturday, according to a release from the Chinese Embassy to Myanmar.
- Israel Comes Up With New Plan on Punishing Violators of COVID-19 Regulations Sputnik 18 Jul 2021 -- Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett is boosting the enforcement of coronavirus regulations against violators, the prime minister's office announced.
- Indonesian Doctors Dying of COVID-19 Amid Surge VOA 18 Jul 2021 -- COVID-19 is taking a devastating toll on medical professionals in Indonesia, where 114 doctors have died so far this month, more than double the number of doctors who died in June, according to a physicians' network known as the Mitigation Team of the Indonesian Medical Association, or IDI.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|