16 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- U.S. Offers $10 Million Rewards In Effort To Stop Ransomware Attacks RFE/RL 16 Jul 2021 -- The United States is offering $10 million rewards for information leading to the identification of cybercriminals after a series of ransomware attacks by hackers believed to be located in Russia.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 16 Jul 2021
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson's Remarks on Letters Opposing Politicization of Origins Study by 48 Countries to WHO Director-General PRC MofA 16 Jul 2021
- China reaches 5 bln doses in annual COVID-19 vaccine capacity People's Daily 16 Jul 2021 -- China's annual production capacity for COVID-19 vaccines has reached 5 billion doses as of July, said the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT).
- Chinese mainland reports 36 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 16 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 36 imported COVID-19 cases and no new locally transmitted cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- China has provided 500m vaccines to developing countries, to offer $3b in aid: Xi Global Times 16 Jul 2021 -- China has provided more than 500 million doses of vaccines to other developing countries, and will provide another US$3 billion in aid over the next three years to support COVID-19 response and economic and social recovery in other developing countries, Chinese President Xi Jinping said at the APEC Informal Economic Leaders' Retreat via video link in Beijing on Friday night.
- Orban Says Hungary To Offer Third Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine RFE/RL 16 Jul 2021 -- Prime Minister Viktor Orban said on July 16 that Hungary will offer the option of taking up a third dose of an anti-coronavirus vaccine from the beginning of next month and make COVID-19 vaccines mandatory for all health-care workers.
- A Suspected Super-Spreader Event In St. Petersburg Prompts Fresh Scrutiny Of Russia's COVID Figures RFE/RL 16 Jul 2021 -- Standing onstage before 39,000 cheering teenagers in June, the governor of St. Petersburg opened the city's annual high school graduation ceremony with a message of defiance to those who warned against mass gatherings in the face of a surging coronavirus epidemic.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 182 India PIB 16 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage reached nearly 40 crore (39,93,62,514), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 16 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 16 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 kills 199 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 16 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 86,791 with 199 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- COVID-19 trend moving in positive direction despite fluctuations CNA 16 Jul 2021 -- Despite fluctuating COVID-19 case numbers in Taiwan over the past few days, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Friday said the trend was still moving in a positive direction.
- Taiwan reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, four deaths CNA 16 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 32 new cases of COVID-19, all but three of which were domestic infections, as well as four deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Alpha variant dominant strain in Taiwan's COVID outbreak: CECC CNA 16 Jul 2021 -- The Alpha variant of the coronavirus has been the main strain found in most COVID-19 cluster infections and Taiwan's current outbreak since mid-May, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Arrivals from Myanmar to face stricter quarantine rules CNA 16 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan has added Myanmar to its list of high-risk COVID-19 countries, meaning that travelers arriving from there will be quarantined in government-designated quarantine facilities for 14 days.
- Taiwan asks other APEC members for help on COVID-19 vaccines CNA 16 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Friday urged APEC members with large vaccine production capabilities to help Taiwan and other countries in the region meet urgent vaccine needs, according to Morris Chang (å¼µå¿ è¬€), Taiwan's representative to this year's Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum.
- Taiwan thanks Slovakia for pledging COVID-19 vaccine donation CNA 16 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) on Friday expressed gratitude to Slovakia after it pledged to donate 10,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to Taiwan, the second European Union member state to do so after Lithuania.
- Myanmar to receive 6 mln doses of COVID-19 vaccine from China: AFP People's Daily 16 Jul 2021 -- Myanmar will receive 6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from China by August, according to a report by Agence France-Presse (AFP).
- China's Sinopharm vaccine gets conditional approval in Malaysia People's Daily 16 Jul 2021 -- Malaysia has conditionally approved emergency use of the COVID-19 vaccine developed by China's Sinopharm, the Health Ministry said Friday.
- Cambodia to 'Negotiate With China' For COVID-19 Jabs in Bid to End Outbreak Radio Free Asia 16 Jul 2021 -- Cambodia's Prime Minister Hun Sen said Friday that he plans to "negotiate with China" so that his government can vaccinate children against COVID-19 and reopen schools, but opposition chief Sam Rainsy called the country's coronavirus mitigation efforts a failure amid a rising death toll.
- Laos Sends Six COVID-19 Super-Spreaders to Prison Radio Free Asia 16 Jul 2021 -- A municipal court in the Lao capital Vientiane on Thursday handed long prison terms to six Lao nationals convicted of illegally bringing Thai men infected with COVID-19 across the border earlier this year, launching a new surge of infections across the country.
- Act now to provide COVID-19 vaccines for all: ECOSOC President UN News 16 Jul 2021 -- Ensuring COVID-19 vaccines for all will be critical if the world is to defeat the pandemic, the President of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), Munir Akram, said on Friday in his address to the closing its high-level segment.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|