12 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- China Announces New Cybersecurity Industry Strategy VOA 12 Jul 2021 -- China's technology ministry Monday announced a three-year action plan to develop the country's cyber-security industry, which it estimates will be worth more than $38 billion by 2023, according to Reuters.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 12 July 2021
- Global COVID Cases Up for 4th Consecutive Week, WHO Says VOA 12 Jul 2021 -- The World Health Organization reported Monday that COVID-19 cases rose globally for the fourth consecutive week and that the number of deaths rose after 10 weeks of declines â€” driven by the highly contagious delta variant, which was first detected in India.
- COVID Has Pushed Hundreds of Millions Into Hunger Worldwide VOA 12 Jul 2021 -- The United Nations said Monday that global hunger grew dramatically in 2020, due in large part to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the cost of and access to food.
- COVID-19 booster strategy as Delta multiplies, highlights 'disappointing inequality': WHO UN News 12 Jul 2021 -- The COVID-19 Delta variant is travelling around the world at a "scorching pace" driving a new spike in cases and deaths, but it's exposing a 'hugely uneven and inequitable' global gap in vaccine supply, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Monday.
- WHO: Drugmakers Should Prioritize Vaccines for Poor Nations, Not Booster Shots VOA 12 Jul 2021 -- The head of the World Health Organization said drugmakers should not try to provide coronavirus booster shots to wealthy nations when many poor nations have yet to receive a first dose of vaccines for much of their population.
- Sinopharm, Sinovac to supply 550m vaccines to COVAX Global Times 12 Jul 2021 -- Chinese COVID-19 vaccine producers Sinopharm and Sinovac reached advance purchase agreements with the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) to provide as many as 550 million doses of China-made vaccines for the world through the COVAX Facility, a move that would largely help the world tackle the raging Delta variant and build immunity, Chinese experts said.
- UPDATE: Unvaccinated people may be banned from entering schools, museums in regions in E.China Global Times 12 Jul 2021 -- More regions in East China, including Ninghai and Qingtian in Zhejiang Province, and Ganzhou and Ji'an in Jiangxi Province, issued notices requiring citizens to get vaccinated as quickly as they can and said people who are not vaccinated will in general not be allowed to enter into public venues including schools and nursing houses, starting from late July.
- Shanghai-based Fosun to provide Taiwan region with 10m COVID-19 vaccines Global Times 12 Jul 2021 -- Shanghai-based Fosun Pharma has signed a deal with Taiwan-based Foxconn, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC) and a medical firm to sell 10 million COVID-19 mRNA vaccine shots to Taiwan to help fight against the resurgence of COVID-19 in the island of Taiwan, the Global Times learnt from Fosun Pharma on Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports nine new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported nine new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all reported in Yunnan Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- EU Countries Begin Tightening Entry Rules Again VOA 12 Jul 2021 -- European vacationers had hoped this year's northern hemisphere summer would see unhindered movement and be largely free of travel restrictions, but countries across southern Europe are now scrambling to re-impose pandemic curbs amid alarm at rising cases of the delta variant, a highly contagious coronavirus strain first detected in India.
- India's Daily COVID Infections Fall Below 40,000 VOA 12 Jul 2021 -- India's daily tally of new COVID cases fell below 40,000 on Sunday. The health ministry reported Monday that there were 37,154 new cases in the previous 24-hour period.
- India's Cumulative Recoveries crosses 3 Cr mark India PIB 12 Jul 2021 -- In a significant milestone in its fight against COVID-19, India's cumulative recoveries has exceeded 3 Crore people.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 178 India PIB 12 Jul 2021 -- In a landmark achievement, India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage has surpassed 38 crore (38,11,04,836), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 12 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 12 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 kills 182 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 12 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 86,041 with 182 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan reports 24 new COVID-19 cases, Rt value under 1 for 3 weeks CNA 12 Jul 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Monday that Taiwan recorded 24 new cases of COVID-19, and that the number of people each patient infects on average has been fewer than one for the past three weeks.
- Taiwan could receive Pfizer-BNT vaccine in September CNA 12 Jul 2021 -- Two Taiwanese tech firms that have purchased a combined 10 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech (BNT) COVID-19 vaccine for the people said on Monday that the first shipment could arrive as early as the end of September, while the Cabinet announced that Taiwan is planning to purchase more doses of the Moderna vaccine.
- Health workers, cabin crew to get priority for 2nd Moderna shot CNA 12 Jul 2021 -- Health workers, cabin crew and pregnant women will be able to receive a second dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine within the recommended 28-day period, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Monday.
- Over 2.84 million people registered to get COVID-19 vaccine CNA 12 Jul 2021 -- More than 2.84 million people in Taiwan had expressed their desire to get vaccinated against COVID-19 by Monday's 5 p.m. deadline, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- New batch of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccines in bulk arrives in Indonesia People's Daily 12 Jul 2021 -- Another batch of COVID-19 vaccines in bulk produced by Chinese pharmaceutical company Sinovac has arrived at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Banten province, Indonesia, the country's Health Minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin said on Monday.
- Kyrgyzstan receives 2nd batch of Chinese vaccines People's Daily 12 Jul 2021 -- Kyrgyzstan on Sunday received the second batch of COVID-19 vaccines from China, the Chinese Embassy in Bishkek said.
- Sri Lanka receives 2 million doses of Sinopharm vaccines People's Daily 12 Jul 2021 -- Sri Lanka's Health Ministry on Sunday received 2 million doses of Sinopharm vaccines from China, leading to a total of 7.1 million Sinopharm doses arriving in the country since March.
- Oxygen Shortage Killing COVID-19 Patients in Myanmar as Junta Restricts Sales Radio Free Asia 12 Jul 2021 -- COVID-19 patients in Myanmar are dying due to a shortage of oxygen amid a third wave of infections in the country, healthcare workers said Monday, even as the military regime recently restricted sales of the gas, citing scams and price gouging.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|