09 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- U.S. Will 'Take Any Necessary Action' After Latest Massive Ransomware Attack, Biden Tells Putin RFE/RL 09 Jul 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden has urged Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in a phone call to "take action" against ransomware groups operating in Russia, the White House said.
- Putin, Biden Discuss Ransomware Attacks During Phone Call, White House Says Sputnik 09 Jul 2021 -- According to the White House, US President Joe Biden highlighted the need for Moscow to take action in a bid to disrupt ransomware groups allegedly operating in Russia. The Kremlin has repeatedly denied any role in the latest cyberattack
- Biden, Putin Discuss Ransomware Attacks From Russia VOA 09 Jul 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden said he discussed recent ransomware attacks on the U.S. from Russia in a phone call Friday with Russian President Vladimir Putin. s against the United States.
- Ukraine Blames Russian Hackers For Attack On Navy Website RFE/RL 09 Jul 2021 -- Ukraine's Defense Ministry said Russian government hackers attacked the website of the Ukrainian Navy to spread disinformation about the ongoing multinational Sea Breeze military exercises in the Black Sea.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccines and Myocarditis: benefits outweigh the risks, says WHO committee UN News 09 Jul 2021 -- After receiving reports of heart inflammation cases due to myocarditis and pericarditis following vaccination with COVID-19 Pfizer and Moderna shots, World Health Organization (WHO) experts on Friday said that the benefits of the vaccines still outweigh the risks in reducing hospitalizations and deaths due to infection.
- UN chief urges G20 finance chiefs to support global COVID vaccine plan, climate finance UN News 09 Jul 2021 -- UN Secretary-General Ant√≥nio Guterres on Friday urged the world's largest economies to spearhead a global COVID-19 vaccination plan, expand debt relief to developing countries battered by the pandemic, and step up funding for climate action.
- US Ships Moderna Vaccine to Indonesia Amid COVID-19 Surge VOA 09 Jul 2021 -- As Indonesia deals with a surge in COVID-19 cases, the Biden administration on Friday is sending the nation 3 million doses of the Moderna coronavirus vaccine.
- Over 1.35 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 09 Jul 2021 -- More than 1.35 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China by Thursday, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 8 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 09 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 23 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 15 were imported and eight were locally transmitted, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- China's Guangzhou cleared of local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 09 Jul 2021 -- Guangzhou, capital of south China's Guangdong Province, on Thursday was cleared of locally transmitted COVID-19 cases.
- Macao to loosen border control with Guangdong over eased COVID-19 situation People's Daily 09 Jul 2021 -- The Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) announced on Thursday to loosen border control with the neighboring Guangdong Province in the mainland, given the improving COVID-19 epidemic situation in Guangdong.
- 22 COVID-19 vaccines enter clinical trials in China: health official People's Daily 09 Jul 2021 -- Twenty-two COVID-19 vaccines have been approved to enter clinical trials in China, a health official said Thursday.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 175 India PIB 09 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage crossed the landmark of 37 crore (37,19,25,602), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 09 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage exceeded 36.89 crore (36,89,91,222), as per the provisional report till 7 am
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 09 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 09 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 kills 146 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 09 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 85,543 with 146 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Japan declares fourth state of emergency for Tokyo People's Daily 09 Jul 2021 -- The Japanese government Thursday decided to impose a fourth COVID-19 state of emergency in Tokyo, which will be in effect on July 12 and end on Aug. 22.
- Taiwan reports 32 domestic COVID-19 cases; all in the north CNA 09 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 36 new cases of COVID-19, all but four of which were domestic infections, as well as 12 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Genome sequencing finds 3 COVID-19 variants in Taiwan CNA 09 Jul 2021 -- Genome sequencing conducted by the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has identified three variants of the COVID-19 virus imported into Taiwan, officials said Friday.
- Over 3 million people in Taiwan receive at least one COVID-19 shot CNA 09 Jul 2021 -- The number of people, who have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine in Taiwan, has passed 3 million, according to data released by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Friday.
- Coronavirus Response: NATO supports Bosnia and Herzegovina NATO 09 Jul 2021 -- On 8 July, Bosnia and Herzegovina hosted a ceremony for the handover of medical equipment received from NATO's Pandemic Response Trust Fund. The donation included more than 500 sensor thermometers for body temperature, IsoArk N36-2 negative pressure chambers, and portable X-ray machines.
- One Million Children Unvaccinated in Myanmar Amid Post-Coup Turmoil Radio Free Asia 09 Jul 2021 -- Nearly one million children in Myanmar have been denied routine vaccinations amid the political upheaval of the military's coup d'√©tat, healthcare workers said Friday, while the ongoing turmoil has stymied efforts to control a new coronavirus outbreak in the capital Naypyidaw, according to residents.
- Iron wire on China-Myanmar border built during virus spike in Sep 2020, prevents illegal border crossing amid COVID-19 resurgence Global Times 09 Jul 2021 -- Pictures and videos of the walls made of iron wire standing along the border line between China and Myanmar have gone viral in recent days as the sudden spike of COVID-19 cases in some border cities of Southwest China's Yunnan Province has attracted national attention on strengthening epidemic prevention from overseas.
- China Builds Fences, Walls in Clampdown on Secret Myanmar Border Crossings Radio Free Asia 09 Jul 2021 -- China, which has recently closed its border with Myanmar amid a wave of COVID-19 cases, is enforcing the closure with a newly built barbed-wire fence spanning around 600 kilometers between Ruili, Lijiang, and the Gaoligong mountains in its southwestern province of Yunnan, local residents told RFA.
- Vietnam Announces Lockdown, Vaccination Goals VOA 09 Jul 2021 -- Vietnam enacted on Friday a two-week lockdown on movement in Ho Chi Minh City to battle a growing outbreak of the coronavirus.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|