03 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Ransomware Attack By Suspected Russian Gang May Impact Thousands Of Businesses RFE/RL 03 Jul 2021 -- Businesses scrambled on July 3 to respond to a ransomware attack on an American IT provider that cybersecurity experts believe was carried out by Russian criminal hackers.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- 1.28 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China as of July 2: National Health Commission Global Times 03 Jul 2021
- Germany Recommends Mixed Vaccine Inoculations VOA 03 Jul 2021 -- The German Standing Committee on Vaccination recommended this week that people who received the AstraZeneca vaccine as their first COVID shot should be inoculated with either the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccine for their second shot in the battle against the delta variant of the coronavirus.
- RDIF Says Sputnik V Faced Severe Disinformation Campaign in Slovakia Sputnik 03 Jul 2021 -- Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19 has been subjected to a massive disinformation campaign in Slovakia, the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) said on Saturday.
- India's COVID19 Vaccination Coverage increases to 34.46 Cr India PIB 03 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative vaccination coverage crossed the landmark of 34 crore yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 169 India PIB 03 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage exceeded 35 crore (35,05,42,004), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 03 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 kills 111 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 03 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 84,627 with 111 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Iranian President Warns Of Fifth Wave Of COVID; Urges Iranians To Not Travel RFE/RL 03 Jul 2021 -- Iran's president has said that the country may suffer another wave of coronavirus infections, as officials warned the more infectious Delta variant of the disease was spreading.
- Taiwan adds 80 new COVID-19 cases, driven by Taipei market cluster CNA 03 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported 80 new cases of COVID-19, as well as 10 deaths from the disease, and continued to battle a cluster of infections at wholesale markets in Taipei, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taipei hospital sends team to Wanhua market to do COVID-19 testing CNA 03 Jul 2021 -- A medical team from Taipei Veterans General Hospital has been deployed to the First Fruit & Vegetable Wholesale Market in Wanhua District to assist Taipei with its large-scale COVID-19 testing on Saturday.
- Record 184,000 COVID vaccine shots administered in a day CNA 03 Jul 2021 -- Over 184,000 people received a COVID-19 vaccine shot on Friday, the highest number in a single day since Taiwan rolled out its vaccination program in March, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- North Korea Shows No Vaccine Urgency, Despite New Virus Woes VOA 03 Jul 2021 -- North Korea this week reported a mysterious "grave incident" that suggested a major lapse related to its coronavirus response.
- WHO Calls for Urgent Action to Slow COVID-19 Spread in Africa VOA 03 Jul 2021 -- The World Health Organization is calling for urgent action to stem the rapid spread of COVID-19 across Africa, which is being fueled by a surge of more contagious variants of the disease.
- Ugandans Face 2 Months' Imprisonment for Violating COVID Laws VOA 03 Jul 2021 -- Ugandans may find themselves in jail for two months if they are found breaking public health controls in a new COVID-19 law. Through July, acts such as praying in open spaces, not wearing masks, hawking, street vending and selling nonfood items will get one arrested. These are now deemed acts that enable the spread of COVID-19. Uganda has registered 1,057 new cases, 1081 active cases and 1061 deaths.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|