02 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Cyber Warriors: Guam Guard participates in Exercise Orient Shield Army News 02 Jul 2021 -- One Sergeant, three Specialists, and a Senior Airman in a room with a few laptops might not look like much. But in the realms of Electronic and Cyber Warfare, small teams like this can make the difference.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID-19 Delta variant detected in 98 countries, continues to evolve and mutate, warns WHO UN News 02 Jul 2021 -- The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) on Friday urged leaders to push back against daunting new COVID surges through increased vaccination efforts and public health measures, warning that with Delta quickly becoming the dominant strain in many countries 'we are in a very dangerous period of the pandemic'.
- COVAX Urges Countries Not to Widen Vaccine Divide VOA 02 Jul 2021 -- COVAX, the World Health Organization initiative for the equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, is urging countries to recognize as fully vaccinated all people who have received COVID-19 vaccines that COVAX has recognized as safe and effective.
- Over 1.26 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 02 Jul 2021 -- More than 1.26 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China by Thursday, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 18 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 02 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 18 imported COVID-19 cases but no new locally transmitted cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- Delta Variant Risks Spoiling Europe's Hope of a Return to Normality VOA 02 Jul 2021 -- The three women were enjoying their time together, having lunch near the beach at Capalbio on the Southern Tuscan coast just over an hour's drive from Rome. A long winter and spring of lockdowns and restrictions in their northern alpine town of Bolzano had kept grandmother, mother and daughter apart for months on end.
- WHO warns Europe to be "Delta dominant" by August, calls for more vaccines take-up People's Daily 02 Jul 2021 -- World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Europe Hans Kluge on Thursday cited increased mixing, travel, gatherings, and easing of social restrictions as the main culprits ending a ten-week decline in the number of COVID-19 cases in Europe.
- Kremlin Urges Vaccinations But Rules Out New Lockdown, Despite Record Virus Deaths RFE/RL 02 Jul 2021 -- The Kremlin says Russia will not impose a new lockdown despite a rising coronavirus death toll that has reached a daily record number for four days straight.
- Centre rushes teams to 6 States for COVID-19 control and containment measures India PIB 02 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government has been leading the fight against the global pandemic with a 'Whole of Government' and 'Whole of Society' approach
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 168 India PIB 02 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage exceeded 34.41 crore (34,41,00,158), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 02 Jul 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage crossed the landmark of 34 crore today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 02 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 02 Jul 2021
- US Donates 2.5 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine to Pakistan VOA 02 Jul 2021 -- The United States delivered a batch of 2.5 million doses of the Moderna coronavirus vaccine to Pakistan Friday as part of the 80 million doses Washington is donating to countries around the world.
- COVID-19 kills 127 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 02 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 84,516 with 127 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 58 new cases, outbreak in Taipei market CNA 02 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 58 new cases of COVID-19, falling under 100 for the eighth straight day, but 15 more people died of the disease and other cases discovered at a Taipei wholesale market created some uncertainty over the outbreak's path.
- Taipei reports 41 COVID-19 cases at Huannan Market in Wanhua district CNA 02 Jul 2021 -- The Huannan Market in Taipei's Wanhua District is undergoing a large-scale disinfection of its premises after 41 vendors there tested positive for COVID-19, the city's Market Administration Office said on Friday.
- KMT local governments seeking permission to procure COVID vaccines CNA 02 Jul 2021 -- The chairman of Taiwan's main opposition Kuomintang (KMT) and four KMT local government heads sent a joint letter to President Tsai Ing-wen (è”¡è‹±æ–‡) Friday, asking for permission to purchase COVID-19 vaccines.
- Prosecutors to Investigate Brazil President Bolsonaro's Alleged Involvement in Vaccine Graft Case Sputnik 02 Jul 2021 -- Earlier this week, opposition lawmakers in Brazil launched a fresh bid to impeach President Jair Bolsonaro, who has been hit by more corruption allegations linked to criminally mishandling the acquisition of coronavirus vaccines.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|