28 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Joint CommuniquÃ© by Ministers of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS US Dept. of State 28 Jun 2021 -- The following statement was released by United States Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken and the Foreign Ministers of the Global Coalition to Defeat Daesh/ISIS following today's meeting.
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken Opening Remarks at D-ISIS Meeting Opening Session US Dept. of State 28 Jun 2021
- Global Coalition Fears Islamic State Expansion in Africa VOA 28 Jun 2021 -- Western powers are promising recent successes by the Islamic State across Africa will not go unanswered, backing plans for a task force to focus on the terror group's spread from Iraq and Syria to the African continent.
- Anti-Islamic State Coalition: IS Terrorists Remain a Threat VOA 28 Jun 2021 -- A global coalition to fight Islamic State terrorists said Monday that 8 million people have been freed from their control in Iraq and Syria, but the threat from ISIS fighters remains there and in Africa.
- Blinken Urges US Allies to Keep Up Islamic State Fight VOA 28 Jun 2021 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken urged allies Monday to maintain a focus on defeating the Islamic State group, with a particular focus on countering its affiliates in Africa.
- NATO Secretary General participates in Global Coalition ministerial meeting in Rome NATO 28 Jun 2021 -- NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg participated in a meeting of Foreign Ministers of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS in Rome on Monday (28 June 2021). Co-chaired by Italy and the United States, the ministerial was the group's first in-person meeting in two years.
- We must keep up the pressure on Daesh, wherever its poisonous influence spreads UK FCDO 28 Jun 2021 -- Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab's speech at the Global Coalition against Daesh ministerial meeting in Rome on 28 June 2021.
- NSA, Cybercom Leader Says Efforts Have Expanded DoD News 28 Jun 2021 -- Adversaries have heavily invested in cyberspace operations and capabilities. As such, cyber operations, cybersecurity and information operations are increasingly important to the joint force, said the commander of U.S. Cyber Command, who's also the director of the National Security Agency.
- Canadian Navy Team Wins DOD's Annual Cyber Defense Exercise DoD News 28 Jun 2021 -- A team from the Royal Canadian Navy came out on top in the Defense Department's annual Cyber Flag 21-2 training exercise, besting 430 cyber professionals from across the U.S. military's joint services, other agencies and international partners, the commander of U.S. Cyber Command said Friday.
- State Department Terrorist Designation of Ousmane Illiassou Djibo US Dept. of State 28 Jun 2021 -- Today, the United States is designating Ousmane Illiassou Djibo â€“ also known as Petit Chapori â€“ as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) under section 1(a)(ii)(B) of Executive Order (E.O.) 13224.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 28 June 2021
- US, Hong Kong Announce Travel Restrictions as Delta Variant Spreads VOA 28 Jun 2021 -- The United States raised travel advisories Monday to a number of African countries and the UAE, while Portugal, Spain and Hong Kong announced new restrictions on travelers from Britain as countries struggle to contain the spread of the delta variant, first detected in India.
- Chinese mainland sees no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 21 imported COVID-19 cases but no new locally transmitted cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- Hong Kong reports 6 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 Jun 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported six new cases of COVID-19 Sunday.
- EU Warns Against COVID-19 Complacency as Delta Variant Spreads VOA 28 Jun 2021 -- The vice president of the European Commission on Monday warned against complacency regarding the COVID-19 pandemic as the highly infectious delta variant, first discovered in India, continues to spread on the continent.
- Moscow, St. Petersburg Report Record COVID-19 Deaths As Infections Spike In Russia RFE/RL 28 Jun 2021 -- Moscow and St. Petersburg have reported record numbers of daily COVID-19 deaths as Russia battles a new deadly surge in infections.
- India achieves another milestone in COVID19 vaccination and overtakes USA in total number of COVID Vaccine doses administered India PIB 28 Jun 2021 -- India has achieved another milestone in its COVID19 vaccination drive as it overtakes USA in terms of the total number of COVID vaccine doses administered
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 164 India PIB 28 Jun 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage exceeded 32.85 crore (32,85,54,011), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 28 Jun 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 28 Jun 2021
- Oxygen Expresses deliver more than 34760 MT of LMO in service to the Nation India PIB 28 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country.
- COVID-19 kills 140 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 28 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 83,985 with 140 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan sees daily COVID-19 cases drop to 60, lowest in over one month CNA 28 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Monday reported 60 new cases of COVID-19, the lowest in more than one month, and three deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan to receive more Moderna vaccine doses Wednesday CNA 28 Jun 2021 -- Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) confirmed on Monday that another 410,000 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be delivered to Taiwan on June 30.
- No new confirmed cases linked to Pingtung COVID cluster: CECC CNA 28 Jun 2021 -- No new cases of COVID-19 originating from a cluster outbreak in Pingtung featuring the highly infectious Delta variant of the virus were reported Monday, indicating that it has been contained, the Central Epidemic Control Center (CECC) said Monday.
- Taiwan's bid to procure Novavax vaccine uncertain CNA 28 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan has made inquiries with American biotechnology company Novavax about vaccine procurement but whether it can secure the vaccine quickly enough is uncertain, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Monday.
- 'Damage Was Done': Belarus, Where Lukashenka Dismissed COVID-19, Now Struggles To Vaccinate RFE/RL 28 Jun 2021 -- It's been a common sight in recent weeks: People line up patiently outside a medical clinic in the Belarusian capital, waiting to get their COVID-19 vaccines. So far, not many have: As of June 25, fewer than 4 percent of the people in this nation of more than 9 million had been fully vaccinated.
- Cambodia receives another batch of China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 28 Jun 2021 -- A new batch of COVID-19 vaccine Cambodia purchased from China's pharmaceutical company Sinovac Biotech arrived in Phnom Penh, capital of Cambodia, on Monday, the state-run National Television of Cambodia (TVK) reported.
- COVID-19 Cases Surge in Southeast Asian Countries, as Officials Call for Renewed Attention to Prevention Radio Free Asia 28 Jun 2021 -- With COVID-19 infections and deaths rising in Myanmar and its neighbors, deposed national leader Aung San Suu Kyi has called on citizens in the military-ruled country to strictly observe all precautions aimed at preventing the pandemic's spread, her lawyers said on Monday.
- Companies Linked To Uzbek Government Won Major COVID Construction Contracts RFE/RL 28 Jun 2021 -- Construction contracts for two major COVID-19 medical facilities near Tashkent went to companies linked to the Uzbek president's inner circle and the capital city's mayor, according to an RFE/RL investigation.
- South Africa Clamps Down Against New COVID Wave VOA 28 Jun 2021 -- South Africa is fighting a strong "third wave" of coronavirus, leading President Cyril Ramaphosa to announce a raft of new restrictions to try to curb the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|