25 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) Advances Its Work on Proliferation Finance, Virtual Assets, Financing of Racially or Ethnically Motivated Violent Extremism, and Financial Flows Linked to Conservation Crime US Treasury 25 Jun 2021 -- Today the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) concluded its fourth virtual plenary since the start of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The FATF advanced its core work on virtual assets, proliferation finance, digital transformation, and peer member assessments.
- Pakistan To Remain On Terrorism Financing Watch List Despite Progress RFE/RL Gandhara 25 Jun 2021 -- A global money-laundering watchdog has urged Pakistan to "continue to make progress" on the one remaining recommendation that still prevents the country from being removed from a so-called gray list of terrorism financing.
- DOD Wants Partners to Up Their Cybersecurity Game, Official Says DoD News 25 Jun 2021 -- The Defense Department wants to help its partner contractors, large and small, become better at their own cybersecurity efforts, the deputy assistant of defense for cyber policy said yesterday.
- U.S. Sentences Ukrainian Member Of Cybercrime Gang To Seven Years In Prison RFE/RL 25 Jun 2021 -- A Ukrainian hacker has been sentenced to seven years in prison for his role in a notorious cybercrime group that stole credit- and debit-card information from millions of people in the United States and other countries.
- US Vice President Wraps Up Visit to Mexico Border VOA 25 Jun 2021 -- U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris wrapped up her first trip to the U.S. southern border on Friday, saying the Biden administration had "made progress" in addressing the record number of migrants who have reached the border in recent months.
- Nebraska National Guard assists with wildfire fight Army News 25 Jun 2021 -- At the direction of Governor Pete Ricketts, the Nebraska Army National Guard activated two helicopter crews and support personnel to provide additional aerial firefighting capabilities at the request of local authorities in multiple north-central Nebraska counties.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID-19 Delta variant has potential to make 'epidemic curve exponentially' UN News 25 Jun 2021 -- The head of the UN health agency expressed concern on Friday over the COVID-19's delta variant, which he called "the most transmissible" mutation to date.
- COVID-19 Delta Variant Spreading Fast Among Unvaccinated VOA 25 Jun 2021 -- World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Friday that the delta variant of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 is spreading rapidly among unvaccinated populations and in nations where COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted.
- Chinese vaccines an effective tool in Pakistan's fight against COVID-19 People's Daily 25 Jun 2021 -- Ghazanfar Malik, his wife and mother recently got immunization certificates after receiving their two jabs of the Chinese Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine, and besides feeling protected, they felt particularly sad over Malik's father losing his life to the pandemic ahead of his vaccination date three months ago.
- Over 1.1 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 25 Jun 2021 -- More than 1.1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in China as of Thursday, the National Health Commission said on Friday.
- China Poised to Help Southeast Asia Recover from Pandemic, Experts Say VOA 25 Jun 2021 -- China is likely to help Southeast Asia recover from the economic shocks of COVID-19 because of its outsized growth and pivotal role in cross-border development, experts said following a regional summit.
- Russia Reports Daily Record For COVID Deaths As Surge Continues RFE/RL 25 Jun 2021 -- Russia has reported a record 601 deaths from COVID-19 in the past day as a surge in coronavirus cases attributed to the presence of the delta variant sweeps across the country.
- Russia, A Vaccine Pioneer, Fights A Fresh COVID Wave Stoked By Public Distrust RFE/RL 25 Jun 2021 -- Of the 20 people employed at Oleg Lysenko's real estate agency in Russia's capital, only Lysenko himself has been vaccinated.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 161 India PIB 25 Jun 2021 -- In another significant achievement, India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage crossed 31 crore (31,43,72,466), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 25 Jun 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 25 Jun 2021
- COVID-19 kills 115 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 25 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 83,588 with 115 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Supreme Leader receives Iranian-made COVID-19 vaccine IRNA 25 Jun 2021 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Seyyed Ali Khamenei received the Iranian-made COVIran Barekat vaccine on Friday morning.
- Over-17 adults in Taiwan may now obtain leftover vaccine doses: CECC CNA 25 Jun 2021 -- People in Taiwan 18 years old and over are now eligible to receive leftover doses of COVID-19 vaccines, but must register ahead of time, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Friday.
- Taiwan to further expand access to Moderna vaccine CNA 25 Jun 2021 -- Starting July 1, the rollout of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be expanded to include more people who are on the government vaccine priority list as well as individuals who have received their first shot of the same brand, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Friday.
- Arrivals from 5 countries to face stricter quarantines CNA 25 Jun 2021 -- Starting Sunday, travelers arriving in Taiwan from five countries will be quarantined in government facilities, because of concerns over more infectious coronavirus variants, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) announced.
- CECC seeks to contain COVID-19 cluster at Taipei wholesale markets CNA 25 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Friday that it is working to quickly identify and isolate new COVID-19 cases amid a growing infection cluster involving wholesale vegetable markets in Taipei City.
- Japan to donate another 1 million COVID-19 vaccines to Taiwan CNA 25 Jun 2021 -- Japan will soon give Taiwan a second donation of 1 million COVID-19 vaccines, Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi said Friday.
- Uzbekistan Orders COVID Restrictions As Delta Variant Sweeps Across Central Asia RFE/RL 25 Jun 2021 -- Uzbekistan has ordered restrictions on entry into the capital Tashkent as coronavirus cases surge across Central Asian countries due to the highly contagious delta variant.
- WHO Says Africa Experiencing Third Wave of COVID-19 Infections VOA 25 Jun 2021 -- "Africa is facing a fast-surging third wave of COVID-19 pandemic, with cases spreading more rapidly and projected to soon overtake the peak of the second wave the continent witnessed at the start of 2021," according to the World Health Organization's regional office in Africa.
- Vaccine Rollout in Ivory Coast Picks Up Steam After Rough Start VOA 25 Jun 2021 -- The first doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine arrived in Ivory Coast in late February. By March 1, the country started vaccinating people, making it the first in the world to do so through the COVAX initiative, a program co-led by the World Health Organization; Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance; the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations; and UNICEF.
- COVID-19 Devastates Children in Sub-Saharan Africa VOA 25 Jun 2021 -- The U.N. children's fund (UNICEF) says COVID-19 is having devastating consequences on millions of children in sub-Saharan Africa, as many become orphaned, making them vulnerable to many social ills.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|