23 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- US Capitol Rioter Pleads Guilty, Agrees to Cooperate With Investigators VOA 23 Jun 2021 -- A man involved in the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol has pleaded guilty to two charges as part of a plea deal to cooperate with investigators probing the riot.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. to fall short of Biden's July 4 vaccination goal People's Daily 23 Jun 2021 -- The White House confirmed Tuesday that the country will not hit U.S. President Joe Biden's goal of getting 70 percent of American adults to receive at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot by the Fourth of July.
- New York Governor: State's COVID Emergency to End Thursday VOA 23 Jun 2021 -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday the COVID-19 State of Emergency, originally declared in March of 2020, will expire Thursday.
- Shenzhen sets up special medical facility to treat COVID-19 patients infected with the Delta variant Global Times 23 Jun 2021 -- A designated clinical facility managed by a special medical team to treat COVID-19 patients infected with the Delta variant has been set up in Shenzhen after the local government announced four cases of the new variant in the city.
- Over 1.07 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 23 Jun 2021 -- Over 1.07 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in China as of Tuesday, the National Health Commission said on Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland sees no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 23 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 24 imported COVID-19 cases but no new locally transmitted cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Wednesday.
- UK reports highest daily rise of COVID cases since mid-February People's Daily 23 Jun 2021 -- Britain has reported another 11,625 coronavirus cases in the latest 24-hour period, the highest since mid-February, according to official figures released Tuesday.
- Merkel Says Germany Should Expect More Virus Variants to Emerge Sputnik 23 Jun 2021 -- German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday that more coronavirus variants will likely emerge before the world is vaccinated as she called for a cautious reopening.
- Russia Seeks Antidote To Black Market In Phony COVID Certificates RFE/RL 23 Jun 2021 -- Living in Russia with the option of travel, restaurant dining, or even working in an office is increasingly requiring proof of inoculation against COVID-19.
- India's COVID19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 29 cr India PIB 23 Jun 2021 -- In yet another significant development, India's cumulative vaccination coverage has exceeded 29 Crores yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 159 India PIB 23 Jun 2021 -- In another significant achievement, India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage crossed 30 crore (30,09,69,538), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- Rural India accounts for 64% of vaccine doses administered on first day of vaccination under revised guidelines India PIB 23 Jun 2021 -- Rural coverage of vaccines has been remarkably emphasised, rural outreach is entirely possible: Dr. V.K Paul
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 23 Jun 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 23 Jun 2021
- India's COVID-19 tally crosses 30 million People's Daily 23 Jun 2021 -- India's COVID-19 tally surpassed 30 million-mark and the death toll crossed 390,000 on Wednesday, said the federal health ministry.
- Tech Divide Hampers COVID Inoculation Drive in India's Rural Areas VOA 23 Jun 2021 -- Residents in North India's rural Kangra district say they have been anxious to get vaccinated for COVID-19 after a second wave of the pandemic created havoc and ravaged villages last month.
- COVID-19 kills 112 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 23 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 83,329 with 112 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Tokyo Olympic Organizers Restrict Spectators VOA 23 Jun 2021 -- Organizers of the upcoming Tokyo Olympics have imposed restrictions on the few Japanese spectators who will be allowed inside the venues to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Taiwan extends national Level 3 COVID-19 alert to July 12 CNA 23 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan's nationwide Level 3 COVID-19 alert has been extended to July 12, in response to the continued risk posed by domestic transmissions of the disease, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Wednesday.
- Tunisia receives China's CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 23 Jun 2021 -- A batch of China's CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Tunisia on Monday afternoon, according to a statement released Tuesday by the Chinese Embassy to Tunisia.
- Vietnam to Use 500,000 Donated Chinese Vaccines in Northern Provinces Radio Free Asia 23 Jun 2021 -- Vietnam will administer coronavirus vaccines manufactured in China to people in the country's nine northern provinces, becoming the final ASEAN country to accept vaccines from its northern neighbor, local media reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|