22 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Joint EU-US statement following the EU-US Justice and Home Affairs Ministerial Meeting DHS 22 Jun 2021 -- On 22 June 2021, the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union hosted the EU-U.S. Ministerial Meeting on Justice and Home Affairs in Lisbon.
- Joint EU-U.S. Statement Following the EU-U.S. Justice and Home Affairs Ministerial Meeting US Dept. of Justice 22 Jun 2021 -- On 22 June 2021, the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union hosted the EU-U.S. Ministerial Meeting on Justice and Home Affairs in Lisbon.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 22 June 2021
- 'Invisible' stateless people could miss out on COVID-19 jabs, UNHCR warns UN News 22 Jun 2021 -- Millions of stateless people around the world could miss out on COVID-19 vaccinations because they lack identity papers and are essentially "invisible to the authorities".
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 22 Jun 2021
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 22 Jun 2021
- US to Miss July 4 COVID Vaccination Goal of 70% VOA 22 Jun 2021 -- The United States will miss President Joe Biden's goal of having 70% of U.S. adults partially or fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the July 4 Independence Day holiday, but the White House says it expects to hit that mark "in a few extra weeks."
- Younger US Adults Less Likely to Receive COVID-19 Vaccine, CDC Study Reveals VOA 22 Jun 2021 -- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has found that younger Americans are less likely to be vaccinated against COVID-19 than older Americans.
- Experts warn less vaccinated areas more at risk for highly contagious Delta variant People's Daily 22 Jun 2021 -- While the White House claimed milestone of administering over 300 million COVID-19 vaccine shots in the first 150 days since U.S. President Joe Biden took office, the highly contagious Delta variant continues threatening the country, especially in states with the lowest vaccination numbers.
- Chinese govt grants four COVID-19 vaccines for export Global Times 22 Jun 2021 -- Chinese government approved a list of COVID-19 vaccines for export on Tuesday in a bid to support the vaccine exports and support global cooperation against the pandemic.
- Hong Kong to partially relax COVID-19 control after 2 weeks with no local cases People's Daily 22 Jun 2021 -- Hong Kong will partially loosen its social distancing measures to allow daily activities further back to normal as there have been no new local cases of COVID-19 reported over the past 14 days.
- Chinese mainland reports 25 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, 2 locally transmitted People's Daily 22 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 25 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases, including two locally transmitted cases and 23 arriving from outside the mainland, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- US not qualified to blackmail, threaten China on coronavirus origins probe: FM Global Times 22 Jun 2021 -- The US has no right to blackmail or threaten China on the issue of the coronavirus origins probe, a spokesperson of China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in response to the White House's announcement that the US and its allies will "work together" to exercise necessary pressure on China regarding this issue.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 158 India PIB 22 Jun 2021 -- In another significant achievement, India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage crossed 29.40 crore (29,40,42,822), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 22 Jun 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 22 Jun 2021
- Warnings of possible 3rd wave as India eases lockdown on Yoga Day Global Times 22 Jun 2021 -- Over a dozen cities and regions in India eased lockdown restrictions on Monday, also celebrated as the 7th International Day of Yoga. Known as a yoga enthusiast, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a virtual appearance on Monday described Yoga as a "ray of hope" and a "source of strength" for the COVID-19 fight which has caused 29.9 million infections and 388,000 deaths in the country.
- Iranian President-Elect Pledges To Ramp Up COVID-19 Vaccination Program RFE/RL 22 Jun 2021 -- Iranian President-elect Ebrahim Raisi has said the rapid expansion of the COVID-19 vaccination program will be among his government's top priorities in order to get the country's economy moving again.
- COVID-19 kills 116 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 22 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 83,217 with 116 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Iran, Cuba joint COVID-19 vaccine 62% effective IRNA 22 Jun 2021 -- Iran-Cuba joint COVID-19 vaccine project manager said that reports suggested the vaccine proved 62 percent effective in the third phase of the clinical test carried out in Cuba.
- COVID-19 vaccination to speed up in Iran IRNA 22 Jun 2021 -- Four months after the initiation of coronavirus vaccination, the Islamic Republic of Iran has vaccinated more than five million medical staff and the elderly over 70 years old, but following some weeks of shortage of enough doses, the health authorities have confirmed that the vaccination process will speed up thanks to import of a new shipment and production of Iranian vaccines.
- Decision on possible change in Level 3 COVID alert to come Wednesday CNA 22 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan will announce Wednesday whether it plans to extend the current Level 3 COVID-19 alert beyond June 28 when it expires, after it reported under 100 new cases for the second consecutive day on Tuesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan thanks Lithuania for pledged COVID-19 vaccine donation CNA 22 Jun 2021 -- President Tsai Ing-wen (è”¡è‹±æ–‡), Taiwan's government and legislators across party lines expressed appreciation after the Lithuanian government pledged to donate 20,000 doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, Tuesday.
- Netherlands to open borders to travelers from Taiwan on June 24 CNA 22 Jun 2021 -- Travelers from Taiwan will be allowed to visit the Netherlands without having to quarantine or present a negative COVID-19 test result beginning June 24.
- Taiwan to expand COVID vaccine access to seniors over 64, food deliverers CNA 22 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan will expand the coverage of its nationwide COVID-19 vaccination program from July 1 to include seniors aged between 65-74, postal workers, food deliverers and others, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Tuesday.
- Taiwan to expand COVID vaccine access to seniors over 64, food deliverers CNA 22 Jun 2021 -- Foreign nationals who are 75-years-old and above, hold a Taiwanese residency permit and currently live in Taipei, will be allowed to make online appointments to receive a COVID-19 vaccination jab from Wednesday, city officials announced Tuesday.
- All arrivals to Taiwan to be tested for COVID before quarantine ends: CECC CNA 22 Jun 2021 -- All travelers arriving in Taiwan will be tested for COVID-19 on the last day of their mandatory 14-day quarantine, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Tuesday.
- DPP's political manipulation over vaccines harms Taiwan people: spokesperson People's Daily 22 Jun 2021 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson said Monday that Taiwan's Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authority is harming the lives and health of the Taiwan people by conducting its political manipulation over vaccines.
- Emergency Epidemic Prevention Work Intensified in DPRK KCNA 22 Jun 2021 -- The emergency epidemic prevention units at all levels in the DPRK concentrate on making their work flawless.
- World Bank, African Union Partner to Buy, Distribute 400 Million COVID-19 Shots VOA 22 Jun 2021 -- The World Bank announced a partnership with the African Union Tuesday to finance the acquisition and distribution of COVID-19 vaccine for 400 million people in Africa.
- Vaccines stay effective in reducing symptoms in Delta-hit Indonesia: Sinovac Global Times 22 Jun 2021 -- Chinese experts called for strict protective measures despite vaccination after 350 medical workers in Indonesia who received China's Sinovac were reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 amid an epidemic spike due to the Delta mutation.
- Sinopharm vaccination drive launched in Vanuatu People's Daily 22 Jun 2021 -- Vanuatu launched its Sinopharm vaccination drive at the National Convention Center in Port Vila on June 15, 2021.
- COVID-Infected Cambodian Migrants in Thailand Beg Phnom Penh and Bangkok for Help Radio Free Asia 22 Jun 2021 -- A group of 50 coronavirus-infected Cambodian migrant workers in Thailand are calling on the governments of both their home and host countries to provide medical treatment and other support, the migrants told RFA.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|